Turning in my Man Card

Fanboy3000

Last night...I...**this is hard**...watched all of Pretty Woman on tv. Start to finish. By myself.

While I contend that Julia Roberts in that movie is just stunning, I still realize this constitutes a gross violation of Man Law. I hereby turn in my Man Card to the appropriate authorities and throw myself at the mercy of men everywhere. I just hope in time my acts of pure masculinity will be rewarded with reinstatement.

So very ashamed....

:(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve_Bartkowski (12/6/2007)
Fanboy3000 (12/6/2007)
Last night...I...**this is hard**...watched all of Pretty Woman on tv. Start to finish. By myself.

While I contend that Julia Roberts in that movie is just stunning, I still realize this constitutes a gross violation of Man Law. I hereby turn in my Man Card to the appropriate authorities and throw myself at the mercy of men everywhere. I just hope in time my acts of pure masculinity will be rewarded with reinstatement.

So very ashamed....

You can keep your man card. I can think of worse violations. Now if you watched "The Notebook" without being pressured into it by your wife or girlfriend and then cried, then you would need to turn in your card.

I was about the say the same thing. The Notebook would have revoked your card with no chance of reinstatement!

Vargil (12/6/2007)
Steve_Bartkowski (12/6/2007)
Fanboy3000 (12/6/2007)

So very ashamed....

You can keep your man card. I can think of worse violations. Now if you watched "The Notebook" without being pressured into it by your wife or girlfriend and then cried, then you would need to turn in your card.

I was about the say the same thing. The Notebook would have revoked your card with no chance of reinstatement!

Having never seen the notebook, I would like to add an exception to the following: Since I am from New Bern, NC and author Nickolas Sparks resides here, all men within say 50 mile radius of new bern nc are allowed to watch it. The simple fact is some men would only be "supporting" the author from their local area. Can I get a second, to make this official law?

*triggerman WILL NEVER watch the notebook, or any other nickolas spraks books-movie releases. NEVER!!!

pencilpusher (12/6/2007)
I think you get a pass due to it being gay Thursday.

How ironic is it that Gay Thursday saved someones man card?

However, Julia Roberts has a horseface and always has.

i'll cosign that one. I've never seen what the fuss was all about with her or the woman on Sex in the City (the name escapes me).

I appreciate all of your support and condemnation. I thought about seeking out psychological help on this one, and then realized that would violate the man code of dealing with everything internally until you just punch someone.

Body double or no, Julia Roberts was smoking in that movie.

ncfalconfan (12/6/2007)
pencilpusher (12/6/2007)
I think you get a pass due to it being gay Thursday.

How ironic is it that Gay Thursday saved someones man card?

However, Julia Roberts has a horseface and always has.

i'll cosign that one. I've never seen what the fuss was all about with her or the woman on Sex in the City (the name escapes me).

Sarah Jessica Parker... Family called her "Footface" :D

I agree that you should get probation. Intensive supervised probation, fanboy. I say as a remedy for your wrong, you must place a line in your sig indicating that you watched pretty women, say for 1 month in bold 12 font! and change your avatar to julia roberts. I thinnk that would be adequate punishment.