Just watched highlights of....

colt brennan on you tube and man he looks really good. he seems to have excellent accuracy and a very strong arm with a quick delivery....now the only thing that worries me bout him is that he comes from the type of school that runs a system to make the QB look really good.....look at timmy chang who went to the same school and put up great numbers, but he cant even see the feild playing in Hamilton of the CFL.....now I hope (even if we dont take him) brennan is the real deal....until I see him in the NFL I cant say for sure....but then cant you say that for every college QB?

fansince78 (12/6/2007)
It is my sincere hope that the Falcons will not draft a quarterback in round 1 at all. I just don't see their ability matching what they would cost the team. Since there is no Peyton Manning in this years draft, they should build the lines and take a quarterback in later rounds.

So we shouldn't draft a QB in round 1 because there isn't a 'once in a decade' player in the draft? I'd still take Brohm or Ryan in round one, depending on where we're landing.

Danishfalcon (12/6/2007)
fansince78 (12/6/2007)
It is my sincere hope that the Falcons will not draft a quarterback in round 1 at all. I just don't see their ability matching what they would cost the team. Since there is no Peyton Manning in this years draft, they should build the lines and take a quarterback in later rounds.

So we shouldn't draft a QB in round 1 because there isn't a 'once in a decade' player in the draft? I'd still take Brohm or Ryan in round one, depending on where we're landing.

Love the sig!

Vicious (12/6/2007)
Danishfalcon (12/6/2007)
fansince78 (12/6/2007)

Love the sig!

Thanks! It took quite some time to figure out how to make it a 'gif file', but 4 programs later i figured it out.

houston-23 (12/6/2007)
colt brennan on you tube and man he looks really good. he seems to have excellent accuracy and a very strong arm with a quick delivery....now the only thing that worries me bout him is that he comes from the type of school that runs a system to make the QB look really good.....look at timmy chang who went to the same school and put up great numbers, but he cant even see the feild playing in Hamilton of the CFL.....now I hope (even if we dont take him) brennan is the real deal....until I see him in the NFL I cant say for sure....but then cant you say that for every college QB?

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING. QUARTERBACK IN COLLEGE IS ONE THING, BUT THE NFL IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL. THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH LOOK GOOD ON FILM. BUT IN COLLEGE THERE ARE VERY FEW DEFENSIVE TACKLES WHO CAN CATCH YOU. IT'S A CULTURE SHOCK FOR SOME, TO COME FROM THE RAH, RAH, RAH, TO A COME TO WORK, BUSINESS MENTALITY. THE MENTAL PRESURE CAN DESTROY YOU ALONE. IT'S A CRAP SHOOT AT BEST. NO ONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY HAVE UNTIL CRUNCH TIME. BY THEN YOU HAVE EITHER MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE, OR WASTED A PICK. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

..........................................................aka...................REV2000:w00t:

Ok. I'll give it to you. It seemed he could make all the necessary throws for an NFL QB. I would take him in the 2nd... pending him performance against a real D, like my Bulldogs. That is my only complaint about him... he hasn't proved himself against any hardcore D schools.... we'll see soon. A good game against UGA could catapult him into the 1st and right out of our hands!