Great great news Dawg fans on AJ Green.. :)

During a recent interview AJ Green talked about the rumors about his academics. He will be on time in athens and will qualify. :)

UGA has had tremendous success the past seven years under Mark Richt and it all starts with recruiting. They have been able to close the borders and keep the talent rich state to themselves for the most part. This has enabled them to rise from a middle tier football team into the upper echelon of the sport. But what this also has allowed them to do is concentrate on a few of the best out of state recruits in the nation to supplement whatever fits their class needs.

Just looking at the current roster, Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno were both the top prospects of their states, and Mohamed Massoquoi and Trinton Sturdivant were also highly rated in North Carolina.

These players have made an immediate impact in Athens, helping to catapult UGA into a perennial powerhouse and will have them gunning for a BCS crown next year (As long as they win their conference). This brings to the next potential instant impact out of state player, elite wide receiver and top five player A.J. Green.

While he is committed to UGA, some eyebrows were raised last week as he visited the University of South Carolina. What were his reasons for visiting?

"As you know our quarterback Reid McCollum is going there. He made me go and I went just to appease him. That was the only reason I visited."

Being that he is such a highly rated prospect, schools are still likely to keep their door open and some have not quite closed it yet.

"Southern Cal, Michigan, and Oregon still call me."

The UGA staff is probably anxious to get their prize recruit in town to seal the deal. He is scheduled to be there early in 2008.

"I'm scheduled to visit Athens officially January 11th, so that is when I will be there", the 6-foot-4, 194-pound receiver said.

Now that the regular season is over, it's time for All Star games to begin, and Green will be a busy man over the next month. He will be playing in two, one in state and out in Florida.

"I will be in the Shrine Bowl and the ESPN Under Armour game."

Between leading his team to the state championship game, dealing with the media and going to school, Green had time to get to Athens for the Auburn game and experience the blackout.

"It was real nice and really exciting," he said. "The atmosphere was crazy, loud, and real fun. I hung out with the other future Dawgs and it was cool."

Green will enter UGA with the normal pressure of a five-star recruit. He has been talked about since he had over 1,000-yards receiving as a freshman and he will have a lot to live up to when he gets to Georgia. The Palmetto State star is humble, but he feels he can do what is expected.

"I hope I will. If I keep working hard and trying to improve, I think I can."

Academic rumors swirl about Green and one thing many want know is, will Green make it to Athens next fall? Green did not shy away from that question.

"Things are going well - my lowest grade is an 81, so I fully expect to be in Athens on time," said the Bulldog commitment. "I have no plans to go another route and I do not think I will need to."

One of the premier players in the country had one last thing to say to help Dawg fans sleep better tonight.

"I'm fully committed to UGA and I'm very excited and ready to be a Bulldog."

man i haven't seen anything on this guy but from what i hear yall say he should be pretty special... I just hope he doesn't develop a case of the dropsies that so often follow these guys to the next level... Massaquoi finally started catching the ball again this year.. that Durham kid on the team is about the only one I've seen not drop a ball

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
g6773a (12/6/2007)
You haven't seen anything? Just go to youtube and search for A.J. Green!

youtube is blocked here so i cant see anything

well when you get home look up aj green and one handed catch.. it's an awesome one.. this kid is special and will play right away and be on the sec freshman list and possibly freshman of the year.

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
g6773a (12/6/2007)
You haven't seen anything? Just go to youtube and search for A.J. Green!

youtube is blocked here so i cant see anything

well when you get home look up aj green and one handed catch.. it's an awesome one.. this kid is special and will play right away and be on the sec freshman list and possibly freshman of the year.

well i dont get home for leave til april lol.. anyone got a picture or something lol... what high school is he from? anyone here ever seen him play live?

MrPickles (12/6/2007)
I would be concerned if I was you guys. Both Times I saw him play against good teams it was not that great

Nah you should be concerned.. based on the last game would you consider your defense good? lololol

dang even the mod's are having problems