Love Colt Brennan? What about this guy?!?

falcons4life

A lot of folks here are falling all over Colt Brennan because of the very impressive numbers he has put up.

Well, there is a QB out there who's numbers are even better than Brennans!

Graham Harrell, QB from Texas Tech:

45 TD's 14 INT's 5298 yards 72.67 Completion %

So why arent the pro scouts going crazy over this guy too?

Because like Brennan he is in a pass happy system. Any QB who is throwing 50+ times a game had better put up numbers like that.

Plus, TT had a very WEAK schedule, just like Hawaii.

Sorry Brennan fans, guys like Colt and Harrell arent worth the risk coming from college friendly pass happy systems that dont float in the NFL.

Brian Brohm is the answer for this team at QB.

sniffmyfinger (12/6/2007)
Brennan has a much stronger arm than Brohm, he might be a diamond in the rough. I remember people downplayed Brian Sipe from San Diego State, he went on to play in several pro bowls and a great career with the Browns. We'll see.

Sipe was okay but let's slow down on the "great career" talk. His stats are below. He went to 1 Pro Bowl in 1980.....1, not several.....

56.5% career completions.......154 career TDS.....149 career INTs...6.9 yards per attempt.

Didn't Petrino say that Vick was one of the reasons why he took the job? That suggests that a more mobile quarterback with a great arm and playmaking ability is the kind of quarterback he wants for his system. Not saying Brennan can move like Vick but he definitely looks like the better quarterback for Petrino's system. Plus it doesn't hurt that we could grab him in the second :cool:

falcons4life (12/6/2007)
A lot of folks here are falling all over Colt Brennan because of the very impressive numbers he has put up.

Well, there is a QB out there who's numbers are even better than Brennans!

Graham Harrell, QB from Texas Tech:

45 TD's 14 INT's 5298 yards 72.67 Completion %

So why arent the pro scouts going crazy over this guy too?

Because like Brennan he is in a pass happy system. Any QB who is throwing 50+ times a game had better put up numbers like that.

Plus, TT had a very WEAK schedule, just like Hawaii.

Sorry Brennan fans, guys like Colt and Harrell arent worth the risk coming from college friendly pass happy systems that dont float in the NFL.

Brian Brohm is the answer for this team at QB.

While you bring up a good point, allow me to interject. First, I just graduated from TTU and can tell you that a) Scouts have been at every one of Harrell's games, and B), you are right that everyone who goes to TTU or Hawaii will have similar #'s but that does not mean that they aren't better than other QB's to have gone there. Same goes for any position.

For example, Michael Crabtree, @ TTU is without question the best receiver in the nation. He has ridiculous #'s like our receivers always do, but he's the real deal and has been noticed by several scouts and is projected to be the first 1st rd pick out of TTU. Harrell, like Brennan, was a 5star recruit coming out of high school. Harrell turned down USC and Mich to play in an offense where he could throw 50x/game and Brennan went to Colorado as their highest recruit before he got into legal trouble (google it).

Both these guys are the real deal, but Brennan is special. No one is saying these guys are good because of the #'s, although they help, but WATCH THE GAMES. SEC QB's always put up crappy #'s but they get drafted based on their ability. Hawaii and TTU QB's always have high #'s but that doesn't mean they are all doing it with the same talent. Both of these guys will be NFL quarterbacks.

I can only hope that one of them will be wearing a Falcon uniform

TTU's weak schedule?

Harrell threw for nearly 650yds and 5td's against U of TX and 425 yds and 3TD's against OU

Here is what I mean by weak schedule:

SMU, UTEP, Rice, Baylor, Northwestern State, Texas A&M

Those arent exactly blockbuster teams this year.

And as far as taking Brennan in the 2nd round.....He may not be there as he is being hyped like crazy. A great showing against Georgia will solidify this. AND....do you want to take that chance?

I mean, passing on some great QB's while hoping and waiting to get Brennan in the 2nd? That is a risk this team can ill afford IMO. We need QB help in a HUGE way and taking a chance like that could spell disaster.

Now, if the team took McFadden early and worked a deal to move up into the top 20 of the first round to get Brennan, then thats a different story.

falcons4life (12/6/2007)

Here is what I mean by weak schedule:

SMU, UTEP, Rice, Baylor, Northwestern State, Texas A&M

Those arent exactly blockbuster teams this year.

And as far as taking Brennan in the 2nd round.....He may not be there as he is being hyped like crazy. A great showing against Georgia will solidify this. AND....do you want to take that chance?

I mean, passing on some great QB's while hoping and waiting to get Brennan in the 2nd? That is a risk this team can ill afford IMO. We need QB help in a HUGE way and taking a chance like that could spell disaster.

Now, if the team took McFadden early and worked a deal to move up into the top 20 of the first round to get Brennan, then thats a different story.

Show me a college team that doesn't play 4 or 5 JV teams

The_ ATL (12/6/2007)
Steelers/Dawgs6481 (12/6/2007)
Same Ol Falcons (12/6/2007)
falcons4life (12/6/2007)

All of the SEC teams.

They play each other, dont they?

Yep, and none of them, even Ole Miss and Vandy, are creampuffs.

Now all of the SEC teams will play one creampuff a year.

Steelers/Dawgs6481 (12/6/2007)
Same Ol Falcons (12/6/2007)
falcons4life (12/6/2007)

All of the SEC teams.

Western Carolina

Ole Miss

Troy

Oklahoma St

Middle Tennessee St.

Tulane

Louisiana Tech