A. Jones signed to Deal

ATLBrave

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
well good for andruw.. im glad he didn't go to the mets, phillies, or nats.. i dont want to face him 27 games a year... i hope he returns to form out in LA

He's K-druw for crying out loud! As long as we pitch him low and away, he'll be walking back to the dugout with that weird grin on his face...:w00t:

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
well good for andruw.. im glad he didn't go to the mets, phillies, or nats.. i dont want to face him 27 games a year... i hope he returns to form out in LA

Um...exactly which form? The form during the 2 year stretch where he feared Don Baylor so much, that he actually listened to what he was being told, and did as he was instructed, and posted his best BA of his career? Or maybe it was the stretch of years where his BA hovered around .270 but his power numbers were going up steadily...or maybe it was last year where he posted a BA below .200 for long stretches during the season, and we saw his power numbers signficantly decline, yet he still believed he was worth $20 million per year...

I'm sure that he's going to get back to one of his previous forms...the only question is which one...:crazy:

Ton80Kid (12/6/2007)
Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)

Um...exactly which form? The form during the 2 year stretch where he feared Don Baylor so much, that he actually listened to what he was being told, and did as he was instructed, and posted his best BA of his career? Or maybe it was the stretch of years where his BA hovered around .270 but his power numbers were going up steadily...or maybe it was last year where he posted a BA below .200 for long stretches during the season, and we saw his power numbers signficantly decline, yet he still believed he was worth $20 million per year...

I'm sure that he's going to get back to one of his previous forms...the only question is which one...:crazy:

did Don Mattingly go out to LA with Torre? if so maybe Andruw can start listening to him... in the 2 years before this past year he had 92 homers thats pretty stout.. I think playing for a contract put alot of pressure on him and of course his poor off-season conditioning habits didn't help much

dirtybirdsdance (12/6/2007)
so glad we dont have that dead weight in Atlanta Anymore.

He will not do any better out west, sure he may ad 5-10 homers, but its still the NL so he will bat around .210 -.220

Last year was not a Jones type year, he will do much better than that out in LA.

.275/40/115 and yet another Gold Glove.

I like this move defensivly for the dodgers because pierre, while he had great range couldn't throw a ball a lick. but offensivly....im with you guys...not a guy I want in my lineup week in and week out. then again though, he instantly becomes the guy with the most power on the dodgers. the dodgers needed to make a move after losing out on cabrera. still he should fit well in our lineup if hes batting no higher than 6th, maybe 5th.

The_ ATL (12/6/2007)
dirtybirdsdance (12/6/2007)
so glad we dont have that dead weight in Atlanta Anymore.

He will not do any better out west, sure he may ad 5-10 homers, but its still the NL so he will bat around .210 -.220

Last year was not a Jones type year, he will do much better than that out in LA.

.275/40/115 and yet another Gold Glove.

Bra', your man crush is showing...you say that last year wasn't a typical Andruw year, and then you go out and project him to bat 12 points above his career average...he's only got 4 seasons out 12 where he's ever batted equal to, or above his career average...that's not very promising. So, now, he's instantly going to rebound and bat .275. You realize he hasn't batted that high since 2003. Andruw has more years of batting below .275 then he does batting above it...he's had more years hovering around .230 than he does batting .300 or better. He's not a great hitter...he used to be a great power hitter...;)

raptorial bird (12/6/2007)
ancient raptor (12/6/2007)
Still lots of dough for .222 I don't care how good of center fielder you are.

Unless it's a pitcher, there is no way in **** someone should get $18 million dollars a with a .222 average.

Thats why everybody refused to give him 3 years so if last season turned out not to be a fluke they could part ways with him soon.