Can Someone Give a Link to Matt Ryan's No ATL Comment?

maedhros

I doubt you'll be able to find it on YouTube or something. I mean it wasn't like this big deal in the program... it was a comment in an interview during a game.

He doesn't want to be here... which is a big sigh of relief for me, cuz I didn't want him here anyways.

ucityfalcon 2/5/2007)
Even if it's a rumor, I wouldn't take him.

It's not a rumor. It's not like a select few people saw this... it was aired on ABC during the ACC Championship between BC and Virginia Tech.

Brad Nessler asked Matt Ryan about the draft with several teams appearing to have a big need for a QB and the possibility of him getting drafted by Atlanta... Matt Ryan paused for a second and flat out said "no thanks" when asked about Atlanta.

He didn't go the high road or the classy route and say that playing in the NFL is a priviledge that not too many players get to experience or that he just wants to be a contributor to whichever team selects him... he flat out said he doesn't want to be here.

... Matt Ryan paused for a second and flat out said "no thanks" when asked about Atlanta.

He didn't go the high road or the classy route and say that playing in the NFL is a priviledge that not too many players get to experience or that he just wants to be a contributor to whichever team selects him... he flat out said he doesn't want to be here. Maybe he needs some P.R. tips from Bobby Petrino!!:P

Carter (12/5/2007)
ucityfalcon 2/5/2007)
Even if it's a rumor, I wouldn't take him.

It's not a rumor. It's not like a select few people saw this... it was aired on ABC during the ACC Championship between BC and Virginia Tech.

Brad Nessler asked Matt Ryan about the draft with several teams appearing to have a big need for a QB and the possibility of him getting drafted by Atlanta... Matt Ryan paused for a second and flat out said "no thanks" when asked about Atlanta.

He didn't go the high road or the classy route and say that playing in the NFL is a priviledge that not too many players get to experience or that he just wants to be a contributor to whichever team selects him... he flat out said he doesn't want to be here.

No he didn't. The announcer said that. They never interviewed Matt Ryan. The Matt Ryan saying no thanks to playing in Atlanta was a joke by one of the announcers.

Here is an excerpt from an interview earlier in the season. He said he would be happy to play for any team.

Craig (Cleveland): Iceman, If there is an NFL team you could choose to play for, which one would it be?

SportsNation Matt Ryan: I'd be happy to play for any, but I grew up an Eagles fan. But really, to be honest, I would be happy to play for any team.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=17330

After saying "No, thanks", Ryan promptly threw into double coverage on four consecutive plays then Maxwell Smart'd his way into accidentally scoring a touchdown anyway.

Every year, there is a guy whose draft stock is utterly mystifying. If Matt Ryan really does go in the top 15, he's the hands down winner for this in 08.

capologist (12/6/2007)
I like Matt Ryan because he as everything you look for in a QB. Unfortunately, he didn't have much around him in BC to work with but I see that's not being taken in consideration here...

I like the guy just fine. I just don't think the team should take him. If we had a good OL in place already, I might think he would be worth the money.

falconfrenzy (12/5/2007)
BlacksburgHokie (12/5/2007)
He was quoted saying it during the ACC championship game by the announcers.
dang,i didn't want him anyway,but i didn't know that.Since he said that...........fluk Matt Ryan

haha he has 2 first names Matt Ryan,lol

How about someone else with two first names Chase Daniel

capologist (12/6/2007)
I like Matt Ryan because he as everything you look for in a QB. Unfortunately, he didn't have much around him in BC to work with but I see that's not being taken in consideration here...

If this guy played in the SEC and put up the same numbers, people here would be putting him in the HOF.

Dude is flat-out good.

Man, it is always scary to pull the trigger on a future QB.

I wouldn't want to be Falcons brass knowing that QB is a must for this team

whether it be via FA or the Draft. You never really know who is gonna step up

and actually live up to expectations.

Wether Ryan said he would play here or not is beside the point.

The bottom line IMO is a good QB is a hit/miss proposition and I am not sold on

any of this years top prospects.

I hope they make the right call.

• 9 months later...