The Steelers will beat the Patriots.

After the 'guaranteed win', i think the Pats come out fired up looking to prove something. I'd prefer keeping my mouth shut and hope the Pats hit the field looking bored.

I agree Pittsburgh should keep their mouth shut, but if they actually play to their potential, they will win. If they establish the run early, they will do well.NE's defense is just looking a little tired and Pitt has the offense to keep up and certainly the defense.If their D does the job and keeps NE's D on the field and gets them tired, NE better hope for some more luck or bonehead play to shine down on them.

I do agree Pitt has looked really bad against some bad teams, like Arizona and NYJ. But if they can't get up for this one something is VERY wrong.

I think the Pats will win this one. I know they have struggled a little in the past two but they are at home and they will want to make another statement on sunday. It is an interesting matchup though, #1 defense vs #1 offense. Should be a fun game to watch. I wonder if Pitt will try and pound Willy P like the Ravens pounded the rock with Willis?

3073 (12/5/2007)
i'm going against the grain with thinking that miami will be the first to beat the pats.:P

Could you imagine if NE is undefeated and Miami still has no wins when these two teams play? The media will go Ape%^%&. The only team ever to go undefeated versus the team trying to win every game this season...

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami won that game just due to the Karma factor...

pencilpusher (12/6/2007)
After the 'guaranteed win', i think the Pats come out fired up looking to prove something. I'd prefer keeping my mouth shut and hope the Pats hit the field looking bored.

I agree Pittsburgh should keep their mouth shut, but if they actually play to their potential, they will win. If they establish the run early, they will do well.NE's defense is just looking a little tired and Pitt has the offense to keep up and certainly the defense.If their D does the job and keeps NE's D on the field and gets them tired, NE better hope for some more luck or bonehead play to shine down on them.

I do agree Pitt has looked really bad against some bad teams, like Arizona and NYJ. But if they can't get up for this one something is VERY wrong.

Pittsburgh will lose. New England doesn't even have to play to their potential and they still find ways to not lose games. New England is going spread out Pittsburgh and and dissect them all over the field. They will score a minimum of 24 and a win.

I think ESPN has made this a bigger story than it really is the Steelers player said if we play like we can and do the things they are suppose to then they will win. Any team can say the same thing. If you stop the run, cause turnovers, limit red zone scores, not allow the big plays. While running the ball converting turn overs while not turning the ball over any team can win. To much is being made of it on a slow news week

PrettyWoman3000 (12/7/2007)The poster formerly known as Fanboy3000. As punishment for my unsolicited, unforced and unaccompanied viewing of Pretty Woman, I have temporarily changed my screen name. As I have no man card, I cannot be a Fanboy anymore. I will go by this new moniker until I prove my manliness once again. .

:w00t:

ugadawg (12/7/2007)
I think ESPN has made this a bigger story than it really is the Steelers player said if we play like we can and do the things they are suppose to then they will win. Any team can say the same thing. If you stop the run, cause turnovers, limit red zone scores, not allow the big plays. While running the ball converting turn overs while not turning the ball over any team can win. To much is being made of it on a slow news week

Your right on point, I was thinking the same thing. I hate the media. It's about as stupid as ESPN saying "the Patriots in their quest for perfection" every time they talk about a game that they play, even though from the jump Belechik and Brady has said their goal is to win the Superbowl NOT to go undefeated.

I hope the Pats. go all the way undefeated but it's about time they lost one. They don't have the balance that the Dolphins had with triple threat running attack of Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, and Mercury Morris, plus the "no name" defense" and a good passing attack to balance it out. The Dolphins defense had 3 shut-outs the year they went undefeated.

nobkowski (12/7/2007)
I hope the Pats. go all the way undefeated but it's about time they lost one. They don't have the balance that the Dolphins had with triple threat running attack of Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, and Mercury Morris, plus the "no name" defense" and a good passing attack to balance it out. The Dolphins defense had 3 shut-outs the year they went undefeated.

The Pats also don't have the easy schedule the Dolphins had either.

The Patriots will win this game by at least two touchdowns. This one won't be pretty. I can't understand why the media and fans are so convinced Pittsburgh is going to break the unbeaten streak. And now that Polomalu is out? New England in a ROUT.

bird (12/9/2007)
The Patriots will win this game by at least two touchdowns. This one won't be pretty. I can't understand why the media and fans are so convinced Pittsburgh is going to break the unbeaten streak. And now that Polomalu is out? New England in a ROUT.

"Guarantee!! Guarantee!! Guarantee!!"

:laugh: