The Sponsors of MNF are probably crying in their beer

bozoatl

Don't you know the sponsors are truly miffed that their premier game this week is....

ATL v. NO ?????:w00t:

How sad is that? They could have had PIT v. NE and made a boat load of money.

Oh well, at least it's not MIA v. BUF!!

image_6253974.jpg

Come on, Chris - let's beat the Saints on National TV!!

bozoatl (12/5/2007)
Don't you know the sponsors are truly miffed that their premier game this week is....

image_6253974.jpg

I wish you could be flexed out of primetime games. Falcons v Saints is not MNF quality football...not even sure you can call that football.

I'd rather see a good game than watch my team play a crappy one.

monoxide (12/5/2007)
Monday Night football....the perfect place for the world to meet Chris Redman, after he throws 3 touchdowns in a Saint win.

From your lips to God's ears...but please let's make it 3 Td's in a Falcons win over the Aint's.

If Chris can do it, then...

Redman for Governor.

I'm not sure if I even want to watch ESPN at all on Monday.... it's going to be another day full of "breaking news" all about Vick. MNF is horrible on ESPN... and in one of the few Falcons games I will get to see, all they will talk about is Vick and how we are just horrible without him and how the whole situation screws us up. Like any football fan with a brain cell doesn't already know this. :doze:

draftjunky (12/5/2007)
They had the highest ratings ever this week so next week....not so good.

Well, for football purists, you hope you will see a good, hard-fought game. The Ravens came to play,although they won't be going to the playoffs. I enjoyed that game because everything was left on the field. I loved the emotion that Bart Scott displayed. That was a game where somebody had to win and somebody had to lose. I hope the Falcon/Saints game is like that.

Carter (12/5/2007)
I'm not sure if I even want to watch ESPN at all on Monday.... it's going to be another day full of "breaking news" all about Vick. MNF is horrible on ESPN... and in one of the few Falcons games I will get to see, all they will talk about is Vick and how we are just horrible without him and how the whole situation screws us up. Like any football fan with a brain cell doesn't already know this. :doze:

Just try to be objective. They operate on ratings. Nobody outside Atlanta cares about the Falcons, but when you have a premier athlete tied up around such a scandal, it's news that gets good ratings. People like to see other people screw up in this country. Add that to some twisted morality, and some animal rights groups who have political agendas, and you have a story and top ratings.

ucityfalcon (12/5/2007)

Just try to be objective. They operate on ratings. Nobody outside Atlanta cares about the Falcons, but when you have a premier athlete tied up around such a scandal, it's news that gets good ratings. People like to see other people screw up in this country. Add that to some twisted morality, and some animal rights groups who have political agendas, and you have a story and top ratings.

I don't care that they cover the story... of course they are going to do that. It's just baffling to me that they could think anyone would want to watch a game between the Saints and Falcons at this point WITH non-stop talking and analysis on Vick.

It's not as if very many people will be interested in seeing the game as it is... they have to further annoy and aggravate the fans and football purists who just want to watch the game. I'm a big Falcons fan, but I swear if they take the total focus off the game and onto this bs with Vick then I am more than likely to turn it off or change the channel.

bozoatl (12/5/2007)

image_6253974.jpg

I disagree. This is an old rivalry, and even though we have had many poor showings this year, I think we are due for a barn burner of a game. I can't wait. I'll be in my seat rooting for the Falcons as though this crappy season never happened. I'm sick of all the doom and gloom around here. Get up for this team, and be a fan. Life is not perfect. We cannot always be on the winning end of things. No we are not going to the playoffs and there are wholes to fill, but none of that matters. Lets beat the team most of us Falcons Fans have hated for decades. Stop whining, and start rooting for our team to get it done. GO FALCONS!!!!!!

JustDogs (12/5/2007)
There is no reason to acknowledge the Falcons without Vick. Don't you remember all the years before Vick except for FLUKEFEST '98?

98 was no fluke. 14-2 is not a fluke. Winning in the metro dome was not luck. And most of all Vick has been nothing but an embarrassment to this organization and it's fans. Idolizing the ##### is about the most pathetic thing we could at this time. Move on and get behind this team or go follow some other one hit wonder. The team is what matters, not some poor decision making raw talent of an athlete. I wish MV the best, but his time is over.

bozoatl (12/5/2007)

image_6253974.jpg

I THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE A REALLY GOOD GAME. BESIDES, REAL FOOTBALL FANS ARE GOING TO WATCH MNF NO MATTER WHO's PLAYING. THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN MOST PEOPLE THINK. AND REMEMBER YOU GOT IT FROM ME ........REV2000:D

Monday Night Breakdown!!!!

QB - Drew Brees vs. Chris Redman

Journey man vs bench warmer. You have one QB that should be playing in the arena league and one who is getting exposed now that they have to play a real schedule and the "fear factor" about Reggie Bush has worn off.

Edge - Young QB's entering the April NFL Draft. (OK maybe Brees)

RB - Reggie Bush vs. Warrick Dunn

Two Third down backs that cant move a pile mascaraing as starting RBs.

Edge - Reggie, at least his OL lan protect Brees long enough to dump the ball off to him in the flat, where of course Brooking, Miloy or D-Hall will knock his head off.

WR - I can't even comment the position for both teams stinks so bad. If NFL Europe was not disbanded....well they could always catch on with Eric Crouch and his new AAFL persuits

TE - Crumper - there is no comparison.

Offensive Skill Position Edge - Patriots (they are so good they win this battle with out even being in the game, I guarantee you they talk more about the Pats offense than either our's or the Aint's.)

So two lack luster team that are embarrassing them selves.

You know the one who is really crying is......ME! I forgot to cancel my DirecTV Super Fan subscription and have paid about $400 to watch this CR-P!!!!

the_protoge (12/6/2007)

Journey man vs bench warmer. You have one QB that should be playing in the arena league and one who is getting exposed now that they have to play a real schedule and the "fear factor" about Reggie Bush has worn off.

Edge - Reggie, at least his OL lan protect Brees long enough to dump the ball off to him in the flat, where of course Brooking, Miloy or D-Hall will knock his head off.

Brees isn't a journeyman QB... He's been with 2 teams, both of which he was a starter. Harrington is a journeyman, but not Brees... By your definition, Brett Favre is a journeyman... And with 19TD's and only 8INT's in his last 8 games, he's back to where he was last season... That doesn't bode well for our weak secondary featuring Safeties who barely do their job and a rookie CB who has been burned 4 times this year for TD's.

And Reggie is averaging about 3.9 a carry since Deuce went down, and has big play ability... I worry about him vs. our poor run D... Hopeful Brooking, Milloy, and Boley can drive his *** into the ground, but compared to who we have starting... the Saints have a decided advantage at both positions.

I not saying either are playing great right now but definitly better then you are giving credit for... This won't be an easy game, it also won't be a very good one... It's times like these I wish the CFL didn't end so early... Maybe there'll be a hockey game on.

the_protoge (12/6/2007)

WR - I can't even comment the position for both teams stinks so bad. If NFL Europe was not disbanded....well they could always catch on with Eric Crouch and his new AAFL persuits

TE - Crumper - there is no comparison.

Offensive Skill Position Edge - Patriots (they are so good they win this battle with out even being in the game, I guarantee you they talk more about the Pats offense than either our's or the Aint's.)

So two lack luster team that are embarrassing them selves.

You know the one who is really crying is......ME! I forgot to cancel my DirecTV Super Fan subscription and have paid about $400 to watch this CR-P!!!!

I agree with everything except that Brees is far from a journeyman QB and Roddy White/Marcus Colston will be very entertaining. Roddy is 8th in the NFL in rec.yards

ucityfalcon (12/5/2007)
draftjunky (12/5/2007)
They had the highest ratings ever this week so next week....not so good.

Well, for football purists, you hope you will see a good, hard-fought game. The Ravens came to play,although they won't be going to the playoffs. I enjoyed that game because everything was left on the field. I loved the emotion that Bart Scott displayed. That was a game where somebody had to win and somebody had to lose. I hope the Falcon/Saints game is like that.

Gotta love Ray Lewis, before the game saying they were gonna win for Sean Taylor

Say what you want about the U, but their players are closer than you see in any other D1 program

Carter (12/5/2007)

LOL...I'm sorry but your statement about "any football fan with a brian cell.." has me dying over here!!! :w00t: