Whick QB is still going to be Falcon next year?

ShaktiFalcon

shaktifalcon (12/5/2007)
What are your thoughts on who should falcons keep as QBs next year. We will have 4 healthy next year not counting the draft pick. Shockley, Harrington, Leftwich, Redman?

Whick?? LoL! I hope it is Redman and DJ. Don't know if Lefty will be gone or Joey.

Honestly, I don't feel like Joey will be here next year, and I'll be surprised if Lefty is, short of him getting in shape and strengthening his toothpick legs. But really, Lefty isn't cheap, is clearly injury prone, and his biggest plus is he is better than Joey Harrington. We got stuck with him due to a lack of better options, and really shouldn't be here next year, especially considering his contract (I think we give him a million or two just to keep him next year, before his actual salary).

Redman/Shockley/Draft pick, whether that pick is Brohm or Dixon, or someone in the 2nd day.

It looks as if it's Redman, Leftwich and Shock to begin the training camps. Joey has not faired well and he will probably be sent on his way. I never really respected his game much, but he's more physically tough than I gave him credit for. I think he was ruined in Detroit with those horrible teams he played on. Petrino obvioisly thought Byron would offer a better chance of winning games, even with less mobility. I think he relly likes Shock and his ability to scramble and create on the run, but we'll have to see how the knee holds up. Good ole Redman earned my respect on Sunday as well. The whole offense must have been wanting him to get a shot or something, because they picked it up a few notches when he came in.

I think it will be Shockley and a draft pick. I could only see Leftwich being here if it was for a minor league type tryout deal where his contract is mostly incentive based but for 2 or 3 mil I can't see him being here. I think we will get a free agent to bring in maybe a guy like Dilfer, basically a veteran type guy who knows he has no chance of starting and is here to help the young guys. I can't see Joey staying because he wants to start even though he doesn't say it and he probably thinks he has had a real good year and is going to try to get a starting job or to compete for one in say Baltimore or Chicago or maybe even Miami again, basically a city that doesn't have a real good qb.

bridson (12/5/2007)
I think it will be Shockley and a draft pick. I could only see Leftwich being here if it was for a minor league type tryout deal where his contract is mostly incentive based but for 2 or 3 mil I can't see him being here. I think we will get a free agent to bring in maybe a guy like Dilfer, basically a veteran type guy who knows he has no chance of starting and is here to help the young guys. I can't see Joey staying because he wants to start even though he doesn't say it and he probably thinks he has had a real good year and is going to try to get a starting job or to compete for one in say Baltimore or Chicago or maybe even Miami again, basically a city that doesn't have a real good qb.
I agree, I think shockley will be the only QB of the 4 to remain next season.

colombianh3ro (12/5/2007)
I say we release the 2 trash qb's. This is tough bro like what if vick wants to come back? We have to accept him back. Truely in ur heart u love the guy. Keep Redman, DJ is coming back also

Make that 3 to get rid of. DJ should be gone. Bring Redman back for a look, draft a QB and bring in a couple FAs.

dizzee rascal (12/5/2007)
colombianh3ro (12/5/2007)
I say we release the 2 trash qb's. This is tough bro like what if vick wants to come back? We have to accept him back. Truely in ur heart u love the guy. Keep Redman, DJ is coming back also

Make that 3 to get rid of. DJ should be gone. Bring Redman back for a look, draft a QB and bring in a couple FAs.

DJ aint trash. he hasnt even got a chance. thats like us getting rid of trey lewis, because he was a 6th rounder, but look at him now. he took over gravy jackson, and is a better player than gravy. Redman and Shockley will be back next year. DJ gots a better arm, and more Mobility.

I believe that we draft a QB in April so we need a starter for next year. Joey is gone! After all the benchings, no way can he be named starter for 2008. If BP doesn't have confidence in DJ or Redman to be the starter then one of those will be gone. If that's the case then the question is does he keep Lefty (with a full training camp and hopefully better O Line) or go to another FA to be the starter next year?