when i think of team i think of the colts and patriots

Don't know if that's all they have on their minds...cheerleaders can be quite a distraction:P

Does anyone out there other than me remember what the Patriots used to be like in the not too distant past??? To say they sucked would be a compliment.

They were the laughing stock and doormat of the NFL for years..no...it was decades. They had a revolving door for coaches and players and their teams were pounded and humiliated by almost every opponent. Yes, they had occasional glimpses of success, but were always dragged down to the reality of their mediocrity. (Sound familiar, fellow Falcon fans?)

One day, they got a new owner and he brought in a coach who had a similar philosophy: develop a program that focused on winning games and championships. The coach wasn't the players pal: he was their boss and he called the shots. He had a defensive and offensive plan to install and was absolutely convinced that it would work. There was to be no whining/crying in football (sorry, Tom Hanks)

The coach and his staff did the best they could with the players they inherited. They evaluated the personnel on the roster, tested some untested players, lost some games in the process but eventually learned who could play and who was all talk.

They used the draft and free agency over the years to build a team that became well disciplined and focused on winning games and championships. They don't whine and rant to the media: they act as one football unit and when one part breaks down or doesn't want to work, they replace the worn/broken/defective part.

No matter how well they play, they find flaws in their game that they work to improve.

Falcon fans, this is what Bobby Petrino and staff want to do for our Falcons. This is the job that Petrino has been working toward all of his professional life and he has the plan, the passion and the ability to implement it with the Falcons. The only thing he needs to make this a reality is a bit of time to assemble players to execute the plan.

Remember what Petrino said: adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.

Have Faith. GO FALCONS

GO SOONERS!!!! (12/5/2007)
mckay and petrino should build the team like the colts and pats did. i was shocked and awed when i saw the colts live monday night. there are no loud boisterous idiots on the team, they're all nice clean cut fellas with one thing on their mind, winning. same thing with the patriots.

IT'S THE "TEAM" CONCEPT THAT SEPARATES THE UPPER DECK TEAMS FROM THE ALSO RANS. WHEN A TEAM BUYS INTO THIS CONCEPT THEY TAKE OFF LIKE A ROCKET. EVERYTHING THEY DO ..... IS ABOUT TEAM. AND WINNING IS AT THE TOP OF THAT LIST.

EVEN IN POST GAME INTERVEIWS YOU HEAR TEAM CONCEPT. YOU DON'T HEAR, "HE FUMBLED THE BALL." YOU HEAR, "WE FUMBLED THE BALL." EVERY ASPECT IS DRIVEN BY TEAM CONCEPT. NO ONE PERSON SCORES, THE TEAM SCORES. NO ONE PERSON MAKES A GOOD TACKLE, THE DEFENCE MADE A GOOD TACKLE. ON MOST TEAMS IT'S TOO MUCH, ME, ME, ME.:)............................aka...........................REV2000

GO SOONERS!!!! (12/5/2007)
mckay and petrino should build the team like the colts and pats did. i was shocked and awed when i saw the colts live monday night. there are no loud boisterous idiots on the team, they're all nice clean cut fellas with one thing on their mind, winning. same thing with the patriots.

I remember both of these teams stinking it up for years. Success does not happen over night. We finally have an owner that has the passion to win, and in time we will. I know it is asking alot for us to be patient. I've been a fan of this team for 35+ years, and I get just as disgusted as the next guy, but I do know that the good days are on the horizons, and a team, not just one standout player, will get us what we 've been waiting for. Hang in there, it's not going to kill you.