Man works himself to death

biloxifalcon

I really don't understand the massive desire that people have in modern society to work like slaves. I put in 65 hours last week...13 hours a day and it was stupid of me. I just did it because the overseers on my plantation demanded it.

I had a job once where I worked with a large number of elderly in nursing homes. Never once did I see pictures of the places where people used to work during their "productive" years. It was all pictures of family.

Yeah, ya gotta make a living. But why the race to kill yourself in the process?

I really don't understand the massive desire that people have in modern society to work like slaves. I put in 65 hours last week...13 hours a day and it was stupid of me. I just did it because the overseers on my plantation demanded it.

I had a job once where I worked with a large number of elderly in nursing homes. Never once did I see pictures of the places where people used to work during their "productive" years. It was all pictures of family.

Yeah, ya gotta make a living. But why the race to kill yourself in the process?

Fully Agree. As long as my bills are paid and I am fed, I am glad with it. As has been said, no one on their deathbed has ever said " I wish I had spent more time at work"

That is why I weaned myself away from the rat race.

When I worked at the power plant, I was making great money for this area . But we were working ridiculous hours in terrible conditions ( it is a coal fired plant). I was on call at all times and believe me, my body was breaking down and mentally I was not too far behind. every joint in my body was hurting, my back, my ankles, everything. I would have to hobble to my friends apartment in the morning to get him to tie my shoes because I could not even bend after first getting out of bed. I'm serious. The day I walked off that job I knew how people felt when they say " the world is lifted off my shoulders".

Unemployment was ****,And longer than I expected, but my body IMMEDIATELY began to heal. I worked many odd jobs, kept doing artwork, sold some here and there to keep eating, have a wonderful brother who helped me at every turn. Now I occasionally still do odd jobs and sell art and have NEVER felt better physically or mentally.

I look back and still shake my head at what that place did to me and still cannot figure how I escaped that heart attack that had to be lingering.

Anyone..PLEASE..Please never waste your time doing something you hate and remember all the money in the world won't buy your life back. 13 years I lost there and could have EASILY lost my life there.

pencilpusher (12/6/2007)
When I worked at the power plant, I was making great money for this area . But we were working ridiculous hours in terrible conditions ( it is a coal fired plant). I was on call at all times and believe me, my body was breaking down and mentally I was not too far behind. every joint in my body was hurting, my back, my ankles, everything. I would have to hobble to my friends apartment in the morning to get him to tie my shoes because I could not even bend after first getting out of bed. I'm serious. The day I walked off that job I knew how people felt when they say " the world is lifted off my shoulders".

Unemployment was ****,And longer than I expected, but my body IMMEDIATELY began to heal. I worked many odd jobs, kept doing artwork, sold some here and there to keep eating, have a wonderful brother who helped me at every turn. Now I occasionally still do odd jobs and sell art and have NEVER felt better physically or mentally.

I look back and still shake my head at what that place did to me and still cannot figure how I escaped that heart attack that had to be lingering.

Anyone..PLEASE..Please never waste your time doing something you hate and remember all the money in the world won't buy your life back. 13 years I lost there and could have EASILY lost my life there.

That's one of the very reasons I left home at 18. I am from a mill town (textiles), and I saw what working in the mill was doing to people as they got older.