This is Bobby Petrino's Team

ucityfalcon

All of the personal problems between BP and SOME players were inevitable, especially given the fact that this team hasn't had any stern leadership for quite some time. A leader can't straddle the fence. They must be confident in themselves and the way they lead. Not all his players are going to agree with his methods. I believe that when BP gets the players he needs, we'll start to win some games, players will start to believe in him, and we'll be a competitive team for a long time, but it takes time to clean up an organization mired in mediocrity. These players that want to b*&%$ and moan, I have a feeling, will be dealt with harshly by BP, and things need to be that way because he has to firmly establish that he is the coach, they are the players, and what he says will be done; in that order.

Ii offends me as a die hard Falcon Fan to have to listen to all the Whiners

that want to axe our coach. The true and logical fans that I feel are in my corner

seem to have a much better grasp on this entire season and direction of this team.

BP's system is intricate offensively and requires specific pieces to the puzzle that

we currently do not have. HE WILL GET THEM! and we should have all the BP

bashers back on page w/ us.It sure is gonna make me want to call em' out at the

Dome when we start winning again.

[PA SYSTEM] Would all former Petrino bashers report to Falcons Landing for

your mandatory "I bashed Bobby" shirts.That way those who

understand will recognize those who don't - GO FALCONS!!!!

Agree that Bobby Petrino and staff get a free pass for this season.

As long as we see progress next year, he should continue to earn our support.

I've watched the guy in action for several years and he can and will get the job done!

Maybe we could have a made-for-TV movie about the Falcons season.

I can hear the theme music as the opening credits start up...."Who let the dogs out...woof woof woof woof..."

Go Falcons! Go Bobby Petrino!

All coaches need adjustment periods. Coming from college to the NFL especially. The team was torn from the get go... how do you handle a situation like that. Not everyone can just cope with losing the teams icon.(if you like it or not... #7 was our team icon) Players didn't know what to expect.

I put the blame on Jim Mora being everyones friend not coach. These are grown men... don't baby them, train them! I've heard reports where Mora would excuse people from practice for bs reasons... not anymore.

That was probably the real issue, he wasn't nice enough. He didn't spend enough time caring about my feelings. Shut up and practice hard if want to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As hard as this season has been to watch, I like and understand Petrino's methods. He inherited a bad team disguised by Vick's athletism. When that went away it was exposed. Now some of the players that didnt have the Vick crutch are being held accountable for their lack of giving 100% and they will be gone.

Yeah, I just don't get this whole, "give Petrino a pass" BS. He was hired for one reason -- assemble a winning team. He's yet to come close to winning in the NFL. Those three wins could have easily occured by chance.

I think it's extremely self righteous to say "real fans won't bash the coach". Who gave you the right to declare what a "real fan" does and doesn't do?

Get bent.

Cooter (12/6/2007)
Yeah, I just don't get this whole, "give Petrino a pass" BS. He was hired for one reason -- assemble a winning team. He's yet to come close to winning in the NFL. Those three wins could have easily occured by chance.

I think it's extremely self righteous to say "real fans won't bash the coach". Who gave you the right to declare what a "real fan" does and doesn't do?

Get bent.

Your ignorance is showing, Cooter... you should put it away. I underlined it for you in case you couldn't figure it out.

LMAO @ draftjunky "Did the headset give it away?" :laugh:

Cooter (12/6/2007)

Get bent.

Bill Walsh's 1st Season as Head Coach - 2-12

Tom Landry's 1s Season as Head Coach - 0-11-1

Jimmy Jonhson's 1st Season as Head Coach - 1-15

Bill Billichick's 1st Season as Head Coach - 6-10

Tony Dungy's 1st Season as Head Coach - 6-10

How do you expect Bobby Petrino to come in after one of the worst off-seasons in Falcon's history when we had just lost our team's star player and turn it into a Superbowl contender in an instant. In case you haven't noticed, we weren't a play-off team last year(7-9) and we were on the decline as well. Did you not notice that our offense is down to 2nd and 3rd stringers and the few 1st stringers we do have starting are either rookies or washed up and underweight vets. Did you also fail to notice that our offense has been lead by one of the worst NFL QBs in history with Joey Harrington?

How the heck did you expect Bobby Petrino to do anything with this team in his first season. This isn't Madden.

• 11 months later...