Brohm Seems To Be The Consensus Now

3rd and short

Derric (12/5/2007)
I doubt either will happen.

I'm having this nasty premonition that Brennan is a system QB. I'd go with drafting any other QB before giving him any consideration.

Do you even know what that means or are you just repeating what you heard someone else say?

EVERY OFFENSE is a "SYSTEM."

Here is a QB's job:

1 - Read the defense

2 - Avoid getting sacked

3 - Throw the ball on target in stride to the receiver

Screw this system crap. Brennan does what a QB is supposed to do and he does it better than any college QB ever (see records).

Brennan is mobile, can throw on the run, knows how to put the right touch on the ball, can read defenses, and has good arm strength. Sounds good to me.

So what "system" does he play in? Seems to me that "system" involves having receivers on the field that he throws the ball to. The biggest difference between what they do and most others do is they don't have a tight end. Whoop dee do!

And all of you clowns saying you want a QB that played in a "pro-style" system (ironically, wouldn't that make them a system QB?), define what that means. Does "pro-style" mean not a spread offense?

btheman71 (12/5/2007)
Derric (12/5/2007)
I doubt either will happen.

I'm having this nasty premonition that Brennan is a system QB. I'd go with drafting any other QB before giving him any consideration.

Do you even know what that means or are you just repeating what you heard someone else say?

EVERY OFFENSE is a "SYSTEM."

Here is a QB's job:

1 - Read the defense

2 - Avoid getting sacked

3 - Throw the ball on target in stride to the receiver

Screw this system crap. Brennan does what a QB is supposed to do and he does it better than any college QB ever (see records).

Brennan is mobile, can throw on the run, knows how to put the right touch on the ball, can read defenses, and has good arm strength. Sounds good to me.

So what "system" does he play in? Seems to me that "system" involves having receivers on the field that he throws the ball to. The biggest difference between what they do and most others do is they don't have a tight end. Whoop dee do!

And all of you clowns saying you want a QB that played in a "pro-style" system (ironically, wouldn't that make them a system QB?), define what that means. Does "pro-style" mean not a spread offense?

Brennan plays in a run-n-shoot offense, what June Jones ran here when he was head coach of the Falcons. (which left a bad impression about that offense for me) If you can run it effectively, ala the St. Louis Rams playoff/SB years, you can scores a lot of points with it, if you can't, you see alot of 3 and outs and it doesn't use much clock, which in turn kills the the defense. An offense that isn't utilized in the NFL much anymore due to defensive coordinators figuring out how to defend it. An offense that pretty much dies in the redzone, so you'd better score from outside the twenty yard line or end up kicking alot of FG or worse, punts.

Being able to make all of the throws and pretty yardage stats is no way the same as a QB being able to acclimate his playing style to the NFL level and NFL-level defenses. So until I see Brennan in a different offense, my opinion of him being a system QB will stay the same.

Chang is another former UH run-and-shoot QB. How's his career coming along?

d34ng3l021 (12/5/2007)
Brennans game against the Dawgs is a huge one. He did very well by tearing apart a Pac 10 team. Now lets see how he does against one of the SEC's best. If he can, then ****, I would take him in the 2nd in an instant. Or trade up to the end of the first for him.

Not really. UGA's secondary this year is suspect *at best*, and has been in trouble against the deep ball. I expect this to be a high scoring affair, because Brennan will get 28-35, but the Dogs will eek out a win, simply because HI hasn't got the speed or size to contain Moreno, who is looking at a career making day in an offensive romp.

it's useless arguing this, Brennan is good QB, but so were David Klingler (Houston , Run and Shoot) and Andre Ware (Houston, Run and Shoot). Both high draft picks with all the skills that failed to reproduce those numbers in the NFL, but there are folks that will gamble that the 3rd time is the charm.

FWIW, the last successful Run and Shoot in the NFL was Warren Moon of the Houston Oiler's, who had great regular season success but failed in the post season, mostly because there they met more disciplined defenses that didn't give up the deep ball and had the speed to shut down the lighter outside running game.

The Falcon's under BP are *going* to go to a bruising, north and south running game, and that translates to alot of 7-8 man defensive fronts with lots of stunts to try and prevent the gaps. That's alot of big bodies around the pocket for a side armed gunslinger to be very effective in.

3rd and short (12/5/2007)
What happens if Brennan hangs 40 points and 400 yards on the Dogs in the Sugar Bowl?

I'll bet Brohm's stock will plummet on this Board??;)

I dont see them scoring that much.GA will hold the ball to long.Troy state has a similiar offense and ga gave up some points its probably not going to be enough though.This is the best hawaii team ever so dont underestimate them.

draftjunky (12/5/2007)
3rd and short (12/5/2007)
What happens if Brennan hangs 40 points and 400 yards on the Dogs in the Sugar Bowl?

I'll bet Brohm's stock will plummet on this Board??;)

I dont see them scoring that much.GA will hold the ball to long.Troy state has a similiar offense and ga gave up some points its probably not going to be enough though.This is the best hawaii team ever so dont underestimate them.

I went to that UGA/Troy game. Troy's QB was highly mobile, which gave UGA fits early, but when UGA's CBs started playing man, UGA's LBs and DEs figured out the blocking assignments pretty quick. Troy got some late points, but only after Richt let the 3rd stringers play midway through the 4th quarter.

Derric (12/5/2007)

Brennan plays in a run-n-shoot offense, what June Jones ran here when he was head coach of the Falcons. (which left a bad impression about that offense for me) If you can run it effectively, ala the St. Louis Rams playoff/SB years, you can scores a lot of points with it, if you can't, you see alot of 3 and outs and it doesn't use much clock, which in turn kills the the defense. An offense that isn't utilized in the NFL much anymore due to defensive coordinators figuring out how to defend it. An offense that pretty much dies in the redzone, so you'd better score from outside the twenty yard line or end up kicking alot of FG or worse, punts.

Being able to make all of the throws and pretty yardage stats is no way the same as a QB being able to acclimate his playing style to the NFL level and NFL-level defenses. So until I see Brennan in a different offense, my opinion of him being a system QB will stay the same.

None of this has anything to do with him being able to hit receivers in stride, read defenses, etc.

Chang is smaller and has a MUCH weaker arm. He is no where near as good as Brennan. No one ever said he would be a great NFL QB.

You are arguing about offensive systems and not his abilities. They are not one in the same.

btheman71 (12/5/2007)
Derric (12/5/2007)

None of this has anything to do with him being able to hit receivers in stride, read defenses, etc.

Chang is smaller and has a MUCH weaker arm. He is no where near as good as Brennan. No one ever said he would be a great NFL QB.

You are arguing about offensive systems and not his abilities. They are not one in the same.

Like I said before, until I see what he does in a different offense, then my opinion of him (and other run and shooters before him) stays the same. History doesn't bode well for him.

I'll see how he does in the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine first.

id bet my money brennan puts 40 and 300 yards easy, but he will also throw 4 picks. he sucks get off his but. they play nobody. theyll probally beay UGA b/c they suck worse. stupid BCs is just horrible. they need a playoff system. The sooners are by far the best team in the country if not OSU. and that hurts being a CANE fan

Does anyone think Brohm couldn't put up the same numbers in that offense against horrible defenses? It's the system, people that parrot that damned ESPN quote "every quarterback is a system quarterback" are buying into the ridiculous hype that Brennan is a special prospect and his stats have something to do with his unique physical talents and not his offense playing weak, undisciplined defenses.

canesftballfan (12/5/2007)
id bet my money brennan puts 40 and 300 yards easy, but he will also throw 4 picks. he sucks get off his but. they play nobody. theyll probally beay UGA b/c they suck worse. stupid BCs is just horrible. they need a playoff system. The sooners are by far the best team in the country if not OSU. and that hurts being a CANE fan

LMAO.... what bowl game are the CandyCanes playing in? UGA will rout Hawaii. 4 picks sounds about right tho. Moreno will put up 300 yds on the ground before Brennen hangs 40 on my dogs!!!!! I will give Hawaii credit for being the only undefeated team in the country.... but who did they play? Canes would win 3 games in the SEC. VT runs the ACC.

Oklahoma vs. LSU should have been the Title Game!