We are not that far off, look at this off-season plan

37Ice

ok try this on

lets say we end up with the 2-3rd pick, i know McFadden is tempting, but i stay away from him, and heres why!!!

in FA we pick up Turner from SD, bigger back, him and Norwood split carries(not a bad RB tandem, both are still young(25) and complement each other, plus McFadden will cost more being a RB, and an OT would not be as much, so we draft Jake Long(OT)

a breakdown of the roster would look like this, which will tell what positionto draft and FA

FB-Mughelli

RB-Turner, Norwood, Snelling

WR-White, Robinson, FA, Draft, and some veteran, whether its Horn, Jenkins, Finneran

QB-Draft, Redman, Shockley, someone else-FA, Harrington/leftwich is not long term, so dont bother with them

OL-J.Long(Draft), Blalock, Starks-FA, Batiste, Center through-FA, Guard through the Draft

TE-Crumpler, Milner

DL-Abraham, Anderson, Lewis, Babs, DT-FA

LB-Boley, Nicholas, MLB-DRAFT, LB-FA

DB-Hall, Houston, Crocker, Milloy, S-Draft

Kicker-Draft

KR/PR-Draft

so we have, i think 8 draft picks??

1st-Long

2nd-QB

2nd-MLB

3rd-DT

4th-OG

5th-WR

6th-Safety

7th-Kicker or KR/PR

there you go

and in FA

sign Turner, Starks, a QB(warm body), WR, Center, DT, OLB,

not a bad group,

just depends on the QB position

ice,

great ideas. if long is the truth and top 5, then, yeah. do that.

if turner could be had, that would be great also (although i wonder if he'd be wanting to be 'the guy' instead of heading into a platoon situation --- i'm not as down on norwood's prospects of being an everydown back as everyone else is. and i also think very highly of snelling's ability to significantly outperform his draft position).

as much as it pains me to say it, i think we could keep mcclure for another year, seeing as how forney has declined rapidly since his injury last year. we gave mcclure an extension last year and the fact that he's been healthy since he's been here (in comparison to the rest of the line) has to be considered. i'd much rather get that FA RG. also, mcclure would be a one-year insurance policy to see if datish can a) recover, and B) pan out to be a very good pro like we think/hope.

a lot of the other stuff seems dependent upon who's available and how the draft shakes out. if there is a 2nd round quality MLB out there, we sorely need him.

great post.

Robb4242 (12/5/2007)
This would be a perfect post for the NFL draft & FA forum. Not slamming you, but a lot of people don't seem to know it's there. Lots of good Falcon's draft & free agency discussions going on there now.

robb... just wanted to say, good reply. (as far as pointing out the other board without snark or sarcasm -- we've been as short on civility as patience around here, so its worth noting!)

Robb4242 (12/5/2007)
This would be a perfect post for the NFL draft & FA forum. Not slamming you, but a lot of people don't seem to know it's there. Lots of good Falcon's draft & free agency discussions going on there now.

I would like to talk about the "falcons' draft and freeagency.Unless people wan to beat up joey,bobby,insert whoever but its old.

with Long, the left side of our line would look pretty good for the next 10 years

Long-LT

Blalock-LG

McClure-C

can see alot of run and throws going that way

you look at our talent and we are ok, we are just missing some very important key positions

QB

MLB

LT

DT

those 4 are huge positions on the field

and we are either old or injured(or in jail) at those positions