Tebow responds to Jones' comments

Headshot

Did anybody see the brief interview with Tebow after practice about what Jones had said. Aside from being a do everything QB, he's actually pretty funny too.

When asked about Jones claiming Tebow couldn't run the Run n' Shoot offense, he laughed and said, "Well, I ran it all through high school and put up some pretty good numbers there."

He was then asked what he thought about Colt Brennan. "He's a good quarterback...yeah I mean, he's a good QB...*with a sly look* He runs a good system." :laugh:

besides june saying tebow couldn't run the offense which was wrong, what else did june say wrong? the guys who interviewed him gave tebow a record he didn't have.. last i checked 58 touchdowns is more than 51.. also june was right tebow runs a system.. for all the junk we hear about graham harrell and colt brennan as only system qbs, the same can be said for tebow.. he runs a system that fits his skill set.

besides june saying tebow couldn't run the offense which was wrong, what else did june say wrong? the guys who interviewed him gave tebow a record he didn't have.. last i checked 58 touchdowns is more than 51.. also june was right tebow runs a system.. for all the junk we hear about graham harrell and colt brennan as only system qbs, the same can be said for tebow.. he runs a system that fits his skill set.
Sac you know you can change your nickname to say sacfalcfan right?

Ethanga62890 (12/5/2007)
Sac you know you can change your nickname to say sacfalcfan right?

i can't since sacfalcfan actually exists.

The problem with what June Jones said is that it doesn't make any sense.

Every single quarterback in the country is a system quarterback. Matthew Stafford is a system quarterback, Sam Bradford is a system quarterback, Graham Harrel is a system quarterback, Tim Tebow is a system quarterback, Colt Brennan, Colt McCoy, Erik Ainge, Pat White, Dennis Dixon, Chase Daniel. If they weren't system quarterbacks, they wouldn't be quarterbacks.

Every single one of them is a system quarterback. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Bret Favre are system quarterbacks. How that is an insult or a reflection of their talent is completely lost on me.

snakecharmer (12/5/2007)

The problem with what June Jones said is that it doesn't make any sense.

Every single quarterback in the country is a system quarterback. Matthew Stafford is a system quarterback, Sam Bradford is a system quarterback, Graham Harrel is a system quarterback, Tim Tebow is a system quarterback, Colt Brennan, Colt McCoy, Erik Ainge, Pat White, Dennis Dixon, Chase Daniel. If they weren't system quarterbacks, they wouldn't be quarterbacks.

Every single one of them is a system quarterback. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Bret Favre are system quarterbacks. How that is an insult or a reflection of their talent is completely lost on me.

Then if what you say is correct, then how come being a system qb is held against colt and graham and not tebow.. think about that.. look at the stats... look at grahams.. look at colt's last year..

Then if what you say is correct, then how come being a system qb is held against colt and graham and not tebow.. think about that.. look at the stats... look at grahams.. look at colt's last year..

I would say it has more to do with the fact that Graham Harrell and Colt Brennan play for teams that play schools like South Charleston State University for People Who Can't Speak English Good and Northeast California Agricultural College on a consistent basis.

snakecharmer (12/5/2007)

I would say it has more to do with the fact that Graham Harrell and Colt Brennan play for teams that play schools like South Charleston State University for People Who Can't Speak English Good and Northeast California Agricultural College on a consistent basis.

That is not at all why it's held against them.. what is held against them is they are only seen as system qbs and thus the system is why they are successful, not due to their skill.. last i checked graham played in a bcs conference against the likes of texas, oklahoma, etc..

snakecharmer (12/5/2007)

That is not at all why it's held against them.. what is held against them is they are only seen as system qbs and thus the system is why they are successful, not due to their skill.. last i checked graham played in a bcs conference against the likes of texas, oklahoma, etc..

That is why it's held against them. They beat these loser schools 100-0 every year and then they go to the NFL and don't even last past the first round of cuts, so they get the incredibly stupid label of "system quarterback" when really all it was was them not playing good enough competition. Anybody know where Timmy Chang or Kliff Kingsbury are? Probably at the Waffle House.

Graham Harrell plays Oklahoma and Texas every year, which is a lot more than Brennan can say, but TT plays way too many cupcake and 1-AA schools for the rest of the year to ever be considered a great QB.

IMO Harrell should be considered for the Heisman WAY MORE than Brennan. Brennan's numbers are pretty good but not great. 38 TDs, 17 INTs = Not Heisman worthy. Especially throwing 5 INTs against friggin' Idaho. Harrell is way more impressive in a much better conference, I'll give him that.

Snakecharmer (12/5/2007)
snakecharmer (12/5/2007)

That is why it's held against them. They beat these loser schools 100-0 every year and then they go to the NFL and don't even last past the first round of cuts, so they get the incredibly stupid label of "system quarterback" when really all it was was them not playing good enough competition. Anybody know where Timmy Chang or Kliff Kingsbury are? Probably at the Waffle House.

Graham Harrell plays Oklahoma and Texas every year, which is a lot more than Brennan can say, but TT plays way too many cupcake and 1-AA schools for the rest of the year to ever be considered a great QB.

IMO Harrell should be considered for the Heisman WAY MORE than Brennan. Brennan's numbers are pretty good but not great. 38 TDs, 17 INTs = Not Heisman worthy. Especially throwing 5 INTs against friggin' Idaho. Harrell is way more impressive in a much better conference, I'll give him that.

So tell me how alex smith is doing.. arguably one of the worst top rated qbs drafted in the past 10 years.. you don't think it was the system for him? regarding colt i was referring to last year.. his numbers last year was amazing.. and for graham he should be invited and should a strong consideration, but he won't because of that dumb label.

Snakecharmer (12/5/2007)
snakecharmer (12/5/2007)

So tell me how alex smith is doing.. arguably one of the worst top rated qbs drafted in the past 10 years.. you don't think it was the system for him? regarding colt i was referring to last year.. his numbers last year was amazing.. and for graham he should be invited and should a strong consideration, but he won't because of that dumb label.

Alex Smith is in the same boat as the aforementioned two. Utah played nobody all year long in 04 or 05 or whatever year it was and lucked out by getting to play in a BCS Bowl against an 8-4 team who barely won the Big East.

I'm not using this as a total excuse to explain players who are labeled system players not succeeding in the NFL, as plenty of QB's who don't have that label (Although it applies to every single quarterback in the country) suck once they get to the NFL too, but usually those who play against the top notch talent have success.

I like Alex Smith, I'd love to see him succeed, but he definitely took a step backwards after the progression he showed last year. Strange that he went into such a downward spiral like that.

I read an article like a year ago that questioned why Mark Richt's QBs aren't considered system QBs because he hasn't put one into the NFL that has been successful yet, but they all have had great success in college. It's a stupid, stupid label that unfortunately will never go away.