DeJesus possibly coming to Atlanta for Chuckie..

Goodoleboy58

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/mlb_exper...F?urn=mlb,56207

In the meantime, the Royals are discussing a deal that would send David DeJesus to Atlanta for left-hander Chuck James. Royals GM Dayton Moore spent a dozen years in the Braves organization and sent them Octavio Dotel for Kyle Davies at the trading deadline.

Looks like Dayton Moore is trying to acquire all the young pitchers he helped scout when he was with us lol. I'm not sure on this trade what would yall think? I like Chuckie as a 4th starter and possibly more if he can just develop another pitch. His ability to only make it through the 5th inning is troublesome though.

no thanks. it looks good right now b/c it would solve our CF woes for a couple of seasons until our young guys are ready while we have an abundance of SP, but look at the long run. Hampton's junk and i believe he's gone after this year. Glavine's a 40 something year old that will be gone after this season. Smoltz is close to retirement so if we trade James, we'd have Hudson and a bunch of young players and be right back where we have been the past 2 years. if we could trade a couple of minor leaguers for DeJesus, i'd be ok with that, but James still has potential and ML experience. but if we did pull this trade, we would definitely need to look for another SP. just my two cents.

Saw on Braves-Nation.com that this rumor was false per DOB. That said, trading James wouldn't be smart IMO because we entered into this offseason trying to get another SP. If we trade James, we'd be right back where we started since neither Jurrens or Reyes is guaranteed to be ready to be a 5th starter much less a 4th...

I don't know much about DeJesus simply because he plays in KC. With that said though, get Chuck James out of here. He doesn't go deep into games, and when he pitches, the bullpen is almost guaranteed to see extensive action. I wish the Braves would realize that this year is a great chance to win, and make a trade for a Dan Haren/ Rich Harden type pitcher. Not necessarily those guys in particular, but a young, talented pitcher, who can fill one of the spots that will be left when Smoltz and Glavine retire.