Great deal on xbox 360 Core system..

FalconsFor6 (12/5/2007)
That is a good deal...

If I remember correctly, the core systems didn't come with hard drives, though...

If what you're saying is true than that's an even better deal...

Buying a 360 that has already failed once is not a good deal by any stretch of the imagination.

Spend the extra 100 bucks and get one that's not liable to die again in the next 12 months.

btrain5489 (12/5/2007)
FalconsFor6 (12/5/2007)
That is a good deal...

If I remember correctly, the core systems didn't come with hard drives, though...

Buying a 360 that has already failed once is not a good deal by any stretch of the imagination.

Spend the extra 100 bucks and get one that's not liable to die again in the next 12 months.

just b/c it's refurbished doesn't mean it had the 3RLOD

joremari (12/5/2007)
btrain5489 (12/5/2007)
FalconsFor6 (12/5/2007)
That is a good deal...

just b/c it's refurbished doesn't mean it had the 3RLOD

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of refurbished/reconditioned 360s are former 3RLOD bricks. When 1 in 3 of the things drops dead and MS isn't returning the same consoles they received the odds are definitely high. Its not like they're just throwing those 360s out...

Buying a 360 when many of us did was a gamble. Buying one that has already failed is borderline stupid.

joremari (12/5/2007)
i don't know about this 1 in 3 number people love to throw around and cite blogs as sources. i would love to see some hard facts to see if it is actually that high.

:w00t:

The reality is you'll never know. MS will never release figures and even if they do you can't really trust their numbers as it'd be in their best interest to skew the figure and with no one to check their numbers they could easily do just that.

I did hear a salesperson at Best Buy telling a mom that was there to buy her kids a 360 that they have a 1 in 3 failure rate though. I live out in the middle of nowhere in New Hampshire (though you could argue that the entire state is the middle of nowhere...) and at the Gamestop I go to the manager told me he gets about one dead 360 a day. Given the size of the neighborhood that the Gamestop serves the failure rate has to be high if the guy was even being remotely close to honest. Should have asked him how many 360s they sell a day for perspective on that count.

btrain5489 (12/5/2007)
joremari (12/5/2007)
i don't know about this 1 in 3 number people love to throw around and cite blogs as sources. i would love to see some hard facts to see if it is actually that high.

The reality is you'll never know. MS will never release figures and even if they do you can't really trust their numbers as it'd be in their best interest to skew the figure and with no one to check their numbers they could easily do just that.

I did hear a salesperson at Best Buy telling a mom that was there to buy her kids a 360 that they have a 1 in 3 failure rate though. I live out in the middle of nowhere in New Hampshire (though you could argue that the entire state is the middle of nowhere...) and at the Gamestop I go to the manager told me he gets about one dead 360 a day. Given the size of the neighborhood that the Gamestop serves the failure rate has to be high if the guy was even being remotely close to honest. Should have asked him how many 360s they sell a day for perspective on that count.

one best buy employee and one gamestop manager really doesn't mean a thing. definently not enough info to say that the failure rate is 1 in 3 factually.

joremari (12/5/2007)
btrain5489 (12/5/2007)
joremari (12/5/2007)

one best buy employee and one gamestop manager really doesn't mean a thing. definently not enough info to say that the failure rate is 1 in 3 factually.

Oh yeah, definitely. I didn't mean that meant it was official. Like I said if you want an official number you'll never get it because we're all pretty sure its well beyond acceptable levels for consumer electronics and MS would never release a figure that embarrassing to them.

However, if retailers are the ones giving out this 1/3 figure that's probably as close to accurate as it'll get and the two I've heard it from personally aren't the only ones that have said it.

Also, and most telling, MS hasn't denied it. They were asked about the 1 in 3 number and their response was "the vast majority of xbox 360 owners are enjoying the experience." and if 2 of 3 people aren't having problems I think that's an accurate statement. However, I think its funny that they kinda danced around the question but when a retailer claimed the 40GB PS3 had a failure rate comparable to the 360 Sony came out and aggressively defended themselves and cited figures.

In any case, we all know the 360 number is not in line with what it should be.