Mini Mock Any1?

Killa

Team Needs: OT;QB;RB;WR;DT;LB

Round 1. RB-Darren McFadden-Arkansas-----

LT- Jake Long would be great here, but I believe he and DT- Glen Dorsey will go 1-2. This pick is also assuming the front office has done its job in FA in signing veteran O lineman. This leads me to Mr. McFadden. With our lackluster offense stinking up the fields across the league I think we can use another home run hitter! The big play ability of McFadden is in a word "amazing". Teaming the duel threat McFadden with our own speedster Norwood, will give opposing defenses match-up problems for years to come. Thus providing us with mismatches across the field.

Round 2.(a) OT-Gosder Cherilus-Boston College-----

Why not draft a franchise LT in the 2nd. I believe Cherilus is just that! He's an All-American that has done a phenomenal job protecting the QB blind side. This is the best time to bring in a stud OT, after signing veteran OL in the off-season. Giving Cherilus the best opportunity to thrive right out the gate.

Round 2.(B) QB-Dennis Dixon-Oregon----

I would love to take a chance here on Dixon. He showed great awareness and game management during the course of season. (prior to his knee injury) Not to mention... he can manipulate the pocket... he steps up we he has to and he can evade the rush/blitz with his 4.5 speed. Light years better than any other QB coming out. To go along with that his delivery is smooth and quick as well as on target.

Round 3. WR-Marcus Monk-Arkansas----

Very tempted to go MLB here but our offense has been so nonexistent I had to go with weapons. Roddy has shown much improvement this year, and Mr. Robinson has shown promise. Joe Horn was brought in to be a leader, if he had anything to do with Roddy's drastic improvement, he has done his job. Now is the time to bring in another WR, so Joe can continue to mentor our young wideouts. Marcus Monk is not the fastest receiver but he has the intangibles of a wily veteran. He is an extremely physical possession receiver that attacks the ball at its highest point. He also lends a helping hand in the run game by holding blocks down field.

1 - Darren McFadden - RB, Arkansas

I'm starting to think we're going to have a real good shot at landing him. If he's there, he HAS to be the pick. We need a playmaker, someone to scare defenses, on our offense, not to mention someone to make our offense exciting again. Too good to pass up even if OL and QB are bigger needs.

2 - Gosder Cherilus - OT, Boston College

Big guy and he finally gives us a franchise LT to anchor our line. In any other draft he would be a clear cut first rounder, but because this draft has Jake Long, Sam Baker, and probably Ryan Clady and Michael Oher, he will slip to the 2nd and be a huge steal.

2 - Colt Brennan - QB, Hawai'i

Best QB in this draft. He has all the intangibles (leadership, clutch, a winner) and he can read defenses like a book. Not to mention he is freakishly accurate and has the quickest release of any QB in this draft. He will slide to our 2nd pick in the 2nd round because people will be afraid of the "system QB" label, but he will make 31 teams regret not drafting him.

3 - Tony Hills - OT, Texas

Surprise, another OT. He was a 2nd rounder but broke his fibula midway through the season. I think this could hurt his draft stock and he'd be available in the 3rd. I think Weiner is a serviceable RT so he could play until Hills heals 100% and is ready to take over. This is all assuming that we sign a stud guard in free agency... And by stud guard I mean Alan Faneca. If we don't sign Faneca I want us to draft Jordan Grimes at this pick.

Yes, ALL offense on day one.

Round 1a: Jake Long- OT/ Michigan

We are currently picking too high to justify picking Brohm. I know Petrino might want him, but to pass on Jake Long would be incredibly stupid. He would help the rush offense immediately, and despite what people think he would do waaay better then the crap we currently have trying to pass block. He is one of the best players in this draft, and we would be stupid to pass on him and reach for Brohm.

Round 1b: Brian Brohm- QB/ Louisville

Recent reports indicated that Brohm will be the QB to slip this year. If it doesn't happen quite like this, I would be just as happy with one of the other big three. If we trade our first 2nd and our 3rd the trade value chart indicates that we can move up 20. We all saw a gliimer of what this offense can achieve once Redman was thrown into the fire this past Sunday. Why was it that he was able to accomplish this? He wasn't even in the league last year. What could someone who has been in Petrino's offense with more upside and potential do? I have never been against getting Brohm, I have only been against reaching for him.

Round 2: Johnathan Goff-ILB/ Vanderbilt (f/ Hou)

Next to James Lauranites, Goff is the best middle linebacker of this years draft. I do not think we are going to resign Demorrio Williams, so with the addition of Goff I think we could move Brooking back to his natrual postion. There he could compete for playing time with

Stephen Nicholas. Goff would have a lot of value here and he would be an immediate starter.

Round 3: Dwight Lowery- CB/ San Jose St. (Comp. pick f/ Kerney)

Lets face it Lewis Sanders is not a good CB. He doesn't even deserve to be on the field. Imo i think Chris Houston will be a solid starter as he matures. We have not seen much from David Irons yet, but I think Lowery could come in and help us out on special teams, and prove to be great depth.

chris30277 (12/4/2007)
Round 1a: Jake Long- OT/ Michigan

We are currently picking too high to justify picking Brohm. I know Petrino might want him, but to pass on Jake Long would be incredibly stupid. He would help the rush offense immediately, and despite what people think he would do waaay better then the crap we currently have trying to pass block. He is one of the best players in this draft, and we would be stupid to pass on him and reach for Brohm.

Round 1b: Brian Brohm- QB/ Louisville

Recent reports indicated that Brohm will be the QB to slip this year. If it doesn't happen quite like this, I would be just as happy with one of the other big three. If we trade our first 2nd and our 3rd the trade value chart indicates that we can move up 20. We all saw a gliimer of what this offense can achieve once Redman was thrown into the fire this past Sunday. Why was it that he was able to accomplish this? He wasn't even in the league last year. What could someone who has been in Petrino's offense with more upside and potential do? I have never been against getting Brohm, I have only been against reaching for him.

Round 2: Johnathan Goff-ILB/ Vanderbilt (f/ Hou)

Next to James Lauranites, Goff is the best middle linebacker of this years draft. I do not think we are going to resign Demorrio Williams, so with the addition of Goff I think we could move Brooking back to his natrual postion. There he could compete for playing time with

Stephen Nicholas. Goff would have a lot of value here and he would be an immediate starter.

Round 3: Dwight Lowery- CB/ San Jose St. (Comp. pick f/ Kerney)

Lets face it Lewis Sanders is not a good CB. He doesn't even deserve to be on the field. Imo i think Chris Houston will be a solid starter as he matures. We have not seen much from David Irons yet, but I think Lowery could come in and help us out on special teams, and prove to be great depth.

BIG no to trading up. This team has too many needs to be trading up for anyone.

To justify the trading up I would want to fill at least 3 needs in FA. Obviously I think Alan Faneca needs to be our blockbuster signing; however, we also need a power running back, and a right tackle. I think Derrick Ward would be a bargain. He fits Petrino's scheme and he is an above average receiver out of the backfield. Starks would be a pretty good fit for us at RT.

So with,

Alan Faneca

Derrick Ward

Max Starks

I think we could justify trading up.

chris30277 (12/4/2007)
To justify the trading up I would want to fill at least 3 needs in FA. Obviously I think Alan Faneca needs to be our blockbuster signing; however, we also need a power running back, and a right tackle. I think Derrick Ward would be a bargain. He fits Petrino's scheme and he is an above average receiver out of the backfield. Starks would be a pretty good fit for us at RT.

So with,

Alan Faneca

Derrick Ward

Max Starks

I think we could justify trading up.

And where would we magically find all of the $$$$$$$$ needed to sign all THREE of those guys PLUS TWO 1st round picks?

i anticipate we will be cutting Warrick Dunn, Wayne Gandy, and Joe Horn. There is even talk that Milloy might retire after this season. Faneca will be the money signing, and Ward will be relatively cheap compared to Turner. Starks will be cheap considering he was benched this year at RT.

If you mean Barry Richardson, he's dropping out of the first round, the second round and so forth. NFL Draft Scout currently has him graded as a 5th/6th round pick as the 15th best OT prospect out of the senior class. I think that's a bit low, but I'll be surprised if he goes in the first 3 rounds.

Killa you left out DB one our very biggest needs

because we can't count on Milloy for ever. Crocker

is ho hum. Houston looks promising at corner but

both he and Hall get burned quite often. Hall's

return somewhat in doubt. We could spend our

whole draft back there alone. Which is sad with

all the hopes we had for Williams. I would try him

on offense before we dump him. He might make

a receiver.