Since we are playing for absolutely nothing else right now...

jidady

Let's talk about a personal accomplishment one of our players could get.

Roddy White was the bane of our collective existence in 2006, but he has shrugged off his failures in 2007. He is 4th in the NFC and 8th in the NFL in receiving yardage. Given our struggles in the passing game in the 2000s, this is a particularly commendable performance. His 920 receiving yards are already the best total for a Falcons player since my beloved Terance Mathis' 1,016 yards in 2000.

If White keeps up his current pace, he will wind up with 1,227 yards. This would be the largest total for a Falcons receiver since 1994 when Mathis had 1,342. It would also be the third biggest total in franchise history behind Mathis and Alfred Jenkins' 1,358 yards in 1981. In case you are wondering, it's unlikely White will break the record, but it is possible. He would need to average 110 yards per game the rest of the way. He is currently averaging 77 yards per game.

This is a good story and we should enjoy it since there isn't anything else going on.

it's times like this when i always want to say "i told you so" lol. i was sticking up for roddy on the boards and even posted some numbers by some of the best receivers, which showed the third year trend for WR's. either way, i'm ecstatic that someone has developed his game to the point in which we shouldn't have the debate about spending everything on a true #1 wr option next season. if he breaks the birds single season record this season, imagine what kind of numbers he could have when the offense gets on track.

Good post and I agree as usual. Let's not forget that the development of Laurent Robinson will also affect his production positively.

Hue Jackson, Paul Petrino, and Bobby Petrino have all had a great effect on the development of Roddy White. And while some see Joe Horn as a waste of money, I don't. Numbers-wise, there is a case for this, but we all can't compute how much of a difference that he has had in Roddy's game.

jidady (12/4/2007)
Let's talk about a personal accomplishment one of our players could get.

Roddy White was the bane of our collective existence in 2006, but he has shrugged off his failures in 2007. He is 4th in the NFC and 8th in the NFL in receiving yardage. Given our struggles in the passing game in the 2000s, this is a particularly commendable performance. His 920 receiving yards are already the best total for a Falcons player since my beloved Terance Mathis' 1,016 yards in 2000.

If White keeps up his current pace, he will wind up with 1,227 yards. This would be the largest total for a Falcons receiver since 1994 when Mathis had 1,342. It would also be the third biggest total in franchise history behind Mathis and Alfred Jenkins' 1,358 yards in 1981. In case you are wondering, it's unlikely White will break the record, but it is possible. He would need to average 110 yards per game the rest of the way. He is currently averaging 77 yards per game.

This is a good story and we should enjoy it since there isn't anything else going on.

Good for him and us.He was one more bad season from being out of here.Trey Lewis looks promising as well.

His development into a reliable receiver is good especially because now McKay can focus on the other areas to make the offensive system work. We know we need a reliable workhorse in the backfield and a steady QB, but at least we're getting better downfield. Say what you will, but I'm more deflated when Robinson catches the ball and fumbles than I was when Roddy didn't catch it. Robinson's anticipated improvement combined with Roddy's consistent play (and hopefully Alge's return to form) provides at least a glimmer of hope for better days.

I absolutely love the way Roddy is playing this season. He still has drops every now and then but Roddy is playing at a high level right now.

He's route running is greatly improved from the previous seasons. He is coming out of his breaks and attacking the football instead of letting the football arrive. This has a lot to do with the additions of both Hue Jackson and Joe Horn.

Redman and Roddy should make for a good combination in these last four weeks. Redman has a quicker release than Harrington and puts more air under the ball as to not under throw the receiver.

I hope Roddy breaks the record this year and continues to improve for the rest of his career.