falcons should trade down

as a realist i think it's fair to say that petrino likes the players he groom so WE ARE AIMING AT BROHM no dmac,dorsey, ellis but BROHM and noone's gonna choose him over ryan, woodson, or colt for the simple reason louisville had a bad season..we could get two more 1st day picks by playing our right. and judging by petrino latest roster shuffle he'll probably start two more rookies on our offensive line next year. korney will be traded to a zone offensive scheme type team, crumpler could very well face that same dilemma, anderson hasn't been exactly brilliant with no sacks, hall's attitude might force petrino to display his zero tolerance for idiosy during games......this all leads to me saying we'll be needing the most draft picks we can get.

There are trade down offers every season. What has happened the last two years is that the team picking at #2 in particular has gotten too locked in on a single player, so they have requested overpays. As long as teams aren't greedy and follow the value chart, trades are almost always on the table. This is a year where we would be wise to consider moving down to acquire picks. Just a move out of the top 3 down four or five spots is worth an additional second and third rounder.

McFadden would be glorious, but Lauranaitis at #7, Chris Williams at #38 and Eric Young at #70 would be better for the same price in terms of salary cap cost and draft pick value.

Sorry but no way we pick Brohm at #2. By the way Petrino passed on Okoye and Michael Bush in last years draft. I think we could end up with Brohm, but B.P. may go a different route. Brohm could also very well get picked ahead of all those QB's. Brennan won't go till the 2nd, and Ryan and Woodsen haven't exactly been stellar the last few weeks. I personally think there is a much better chance we will wait till after the 1st round to pick a QB.

i honestly don't think that any of the top 5 players coming out of this years draft will live up to the 70 mil they are about to sign for after the draft with exception of dorsey and chris long....the rest like mcfadden will have to be been within the right situation for example dmac/denver or brohm/Detroit, malcolm jenkins/patriots. Dorsey doesn't need a system to stop the run or get sacks, the same for chris long...he's so friggin savvy.