Les Miles won't sign contract until after BCS Title Game... LOLOL

Sure he is staying..

"Saturday, Les Miles said he was "at home" coaching LSU.

But it looks as if he'll wait a while before he truly settles in.

Miles won't sign a contract extension until after the BCS National Championship Game on Jan. 7. LSU athletic director Skip Bertman told the New Orleans Times-Picayune he "didn't think there would be any problem" when asked if Miles was reconsidering his decision to stay. "

I am not concerned either way. I believe that Pelini was more of a problem than Miles. It isn't as if LSU didnt score points, the problem was that the #1 defense didnt do its job all season and Nebraska has decided to take that problem off our hands most likely. I am hoping we get GT's defensive coordinator

golden goose (12/4/2007)
I'm guessing LEs just wants to figure out what the "fair" market value for his services are. If he wins, they are A LOT higher than if he loses. Looks like he is willing to take that risk.

BTW... Tenuta would go ape sh_t with that type of defensive talent. That is a very scary thought.

I do not want to think of Tenuta on the LSU sidelines,scary indeed..:alien:

Magilla (12/4/2007)
golden goose (12/4/2007)
I'm guessing LEs just wants to figure out what the "fair" market value for his services are. If he wins, they are A LOT higher than if he loses. Looks like he is willing to take that risk.

BTW... Tenuta would go ape sh_t with that type of defensive talent. That is a very scary thought.

I do not want to think of Tenuta on the LSU sidelines,scary indeed..:alien:

Tenuta will be joining him in Michigan not on lsu sidelines.. that's a rumor and it's been proven that kirk jump the gun.

I feel kind of bad for Les Miles. I know that sounds a bit stupid but I believe he's in a really tight spot. In my mind there is no doubt that he would love to go back to Michigan and be the HC. But he's playing for the national championship at LSU and he really cannot afford to have anything intefere with his preparation. When Herbstreit made that announcement Saturday, I'll bet that Miles was super hot about it. Whether it was true or not Kirk should have shown more respect for the LSU program and the SEC champiosnhip game than to do what he did.

Maybe he felt confident that OSU was going to end up in the title game and he wanted to do anything he could to help them avoid playing an SEC team if both Mizzou and WVU lost.:hehe:

xnex (12/4/2007)
I feel kind of bad for Les Miles. I know that sounds a bit stupid but I believe he's in a really tight spot. In my mind there is no doubt that he would love to go back to Michigan and be the HC. But he's playing for the national championship at LSU and he really cannot afford to have anything intefere with his preparation. When Herbstreit made that announcement Saturday, I'll bet that Miles was super hot about it. Whether it was true or not Kirk should have shown more respect for the LSU program and the SEC champiosnhip game than to do what he did.

Maybe he felt confident that OSU was going to end up in the title game and he wanted to do anything he could to help them avoid playing an SEC team if both Mizzou and WVU lost.:hehe:

Interesting comments and not all that far-fetched.

The fact that he won't sign a new contract until the season is over says alot IMO (no matter what his motivation for waiting may be).

But when it's all said and done, to say publicly out-loud that you are the future coach of LSU and then turn around and leave for Michigan after the BCS is would be a major blow to his credibility. Everyone outside the state of Michigan will see him as a liar.

Interesting comments and not all that far-fetched.

The fact that he won't sign a new contract until the season is over says alot IMO (no matter what his motivation for waiting may be).

But when it's all said and done, to say publicly out-loud that you are the future coach of LSU and then turn around and leave for Michigan after the BCS is would be a major blow to his credibility. Everyone outside the state of Michigan will see him as a liar.

or, they'll see him as a follower of the LAST LSU National Championship Head Coach...:P :D