Breaking News from the baseball world:

Headshot

I wish the Braves would have gone after Dontrelle a while back. Last year was not the same Dontrelle Willis. He has proven he can be a very good pitcher, and I think if he can get his confidence back he will be an all-star for many years to come. He definetly plays the game the right way, and gives it his all.

Uh-oh, now Dontrelle's not going to be able to hit. I bet that bugs him.

Same Ol Falcons (12/4/2007)
I don't get Florida,well I'm guessing they got young players in this deal and we know in 2 years these players will be traded or let go.

That's true but they win the World Series every 7 or 8 years and that's better than 99% of the league

Yeah but the fan base isn't there too support that type of team.

Hey quotes worked.

snakecharmer (12/4/2007)
Wow they're gonna be NASTY next year. Curtis Granderson, Edgar Renteria, Miguel Cabrera in the lineup and Jeremy Bonderman, Justin Verlander, and Dontrelle Willis on the mound. ****, what I wouldn't give for the Braves to have money.

Leo's gonna really be rockin this year.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Cameron Maybin in this thread..... the Tigers gave up a TON of talent, but I guess they believe that Migual Cabrera & Dontrelle Willis is worth it.

Personally, I would have given Edgar straight up for either Maybin or Miller over the two we got. I would prefer Maybin, who is an absolute STUD, and is considered a five-tool player. He is fast, incredibly athletic, hits for average..... he would be our opening day CF hands down.

Oh well, good for both teams. It makes FLA incredibly talented for the next few years, and if they can string together a few seasons with Cameron Maybin & Hanley Ramirez, they could easily find themselves in WS contention. I know people think the Marlins are crazy, but the way they accumulate talent is unbelievable. If their owner said tomorrow "No matter what the cost, I am going to pay to keep these guys", they would be the only team that could threaten the Braves' run of 15 straight divisions....... I am not exagerating, the guys they got today are incredible, and Hanley Ramirez might be the best SS in baseball.

L.Rover (12/4/2007)
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Cameron Maybin in this thread..... the Tigers gave up a TON of talent, but I guess they believe that Migual Cabrera & Dontrelle Willis is worth it.

Personally, I would have given Edgar straight up for either Maybin or Miller over the two we got. I would prefer Maybin, who is an absolute STUD, and is considered a five-tool player. He is fast, incredibly athletic, hits for average..... he would be our opening day CF hands down.

Oh well, good for both teams. It makes FLA incredibly talented for the next few years, and if they can string together a few seasons with Cameron Maybin & Hanley Ramirez, they could easily find themselves in WS contention. I know people think the Marlins are crazy, but the way they accumulate talent is unbelievable. If their owner said tomorrow "No matter what the cost, I am going to pay to keep these guys", they would be the only team that could threaten the Braves' run of 15 straight divisions....... I am not exagerating, the guys they got today are incredible, and Hanley Ramirez might be the best SS in baseball.

I'm intersted in seeing Fla. try to make a run for it, But I don't think they have the coach or the fans too make it happen.

They come out strong every year but then lose it.

They sure can accumalate talent just can't put it all together and keep the fans.