>> Draft Day Decisions <<

The Last Fan

So Redman play on the 4th Q and he showed something we have not seen all season long.

TOUCHDOWNS... Yes he was fearless going in the redzone. I'm not says he is a better QB but he has something a Joey and Byron don't have.. Redman is hungry to prove something.

Yet I'm not saying he is out savior nor is he our QB for the years to come but he does give us that spark we needed all year long. So with this I can see us winning at least 2 more games and who knows maybe 3.

At this point lots of loosing teams are now playing to draft No. 1 in next year draft.

So with this I can see us dropping below No. 5 and possibly between 6-8 spot so here is the question.... By then most of the best player might be gone.. You know who those players are so no need for me to named them.

Is it worth making a pick at number 8th knowing we have so MANY needs. Knowing we in need of talent.

What do we do at this point do we Trade down for midround and pick 17th-23rd Brennan and pick an extra second rounder giving us 3 2nd round selections

or

Do we Trade Up and pick some poster boy but we lose one of our two 2nd round picks

if we decide for sure brohm over mcfadden and end up picking 3 or 4, trading down would be a good idea, especially if mcfadden is available at our spot. i love adding picks and lord knows we need them. i despise trading up. even if we did add a pick or two mckay would just ##### them away to move up in rd 2. seems to be his thing these last couple years.

Let's say that we get the 4th overall pick in the draft just for the sake of argument.

Trading up 1 spot would cost us "400 points", which is the equivalent of a mid-second round pick.

If we traded down into the middle of the first round (say pick 18 - halfway between 4 and 32), we would gain "900 points", which would either be another mid-first round pick, a high and low second, two medium seconds, two high third rounders and a medium second, or roughly every pick in the sixth round.

So my suggestion is simple: trade our first round pick for every pick in the 6th round! Make it happen McKay!!!! :P

"Trade down. More picks would be great in this draft. There are a lot of 2nd rounders that fit the positions we need. Plus we might still be able to get Brohm if we trade down."

This is absolutely where I stand on the draft. Even if we have a top 3 pick, I wouldn't mind us moving down multiple times. We are not one guy away. We need to be as patient as Green Bay was in 2006 when they traded down four times to pick up additional players. They are reaping the benefits of that now.

JayOzOne (12/6/2007)
I think we should engage Dallas for their two first round picks. Or we could take the earlier one (Cleveland's) and Marion Barber. It's no secret that they want McFadden and we don't need a rook chewing up the salary cap the way high picks do nowadays.

I concur, the Cowboys have their pick and Cleveland's pick. I'm sure the Cowboys will be picking in the 28th - 30th range with Cleveland picking in the 20th - 25th range. McKay needs to accept nothing less than both 1st's, their 2nd, 3rd, a player and a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the 09 draft.

FalconMama (12/6/2007)
JayOzOne (12/6/2007)
I think we should engage Dallas for their two first round picks. Or we could take the earlier one (Cleveland's) and Marion Barber. It's no secret that they want McFadden and we don't need a rook chewing up the salary cap the way high picks do nowadays.

I concur, the Cowboys have their pick and Cleveland's pick. I'm sure the Cowboys will be picking in the 28th - 30th range with Cleveland picking in the 20th - 25th range. McKay needs to accept nothing less than both 1st's, their 2nd, 3rd, a player and a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the 09 draft.

I don't think Jerry Jones would give that much up, but if we could get the two ones and Barber, I'd be happy. He's a good downfield runner and would fit with what Petrino wants to do. He'd also be a good complement for Norwood. We'd also have four picks that range from around 20 through 45 and we could do a lot with that.

JayOzOne (12/6/2007)
FalconMama (12/6/2007)
JayOzOne (12/6/2007)

I don't think Jerry Jones would give that much up, but if we could get the two ones and Barber, I'd be happy. He's a good downfield runner and would fit with what Petrino wants to do. He'd also be a good complement for Norwood. We'd also have four picks that range from around 20 through 45 and we could do a lot with that.

What about the point system though. I kinda see a 28th and higher 1st round pick almost being the equivalent of a high 2nd rounder. Considering they could be jumping almost 15 or 16 spots and all. I also would love to have Barber but no way in heck do I see them letting him go. They'd give us Jones way before they give us Barber.