TMZ reporting Pimp C of UGK found dead

Rapper Pimp C Found Dead in Hollywood Hotel Room

Posted Dec 4th 2007 2:12PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Music, R.I.P.

Pimp C, real name Chad Butler -- and one half of the rap duo UGK, was found dead in a hotel room this morning. He was 33.

L.A. County Fire responded to a 911 call at the Mondrian Hotel, located on trendy Sunset Strip in Hollywood. They arrived to his sixth floor hotel room to find him dead in bed.

UGK is best known for appearing on the Jay-Z track "Big Pimpin'" in 2000, and more recently with Outkast on the song "International Player's Anthem (I Choose You)."

http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/04/rapper-pimp-...ood-hotel-room/

Man, sorry to hear that. I was never a UGK fan, but I give props to any Old School MCs who were still relevant in today's market.

And to all of you making classless comments on the guy's death, even if you didn't know him or don't care...you know the old adage, "If you can't say anything nice, then just STFU."

unless you are out protesting The Darwin Awards, you are a hypocrite for that statement. The real question is why people feel worse about someone dying just because they are a celebrity. It's sad that people make more of a fuss over this guy or Sean Taylor dying than the average person or that somehow they should be excempt from jokes or ridicule while it is ok to crack on others.

dago (12/6/2007)
unless you are out protesting The Darwin Awards, you are a hypocrite for that statement. The real question is why people feel worse about someone dying just because they are a celebrity. It's sad that people make more of a fuss over this guy or Sean Taylor dying than the average person or that somehow they should be excempt from jokes or ridicule while it is ok to crack on others.
Pimp C died faster than Steve Irwin in a tank of sting rays.

dago (12/6/2007)

So I'm a hypocrite for requiring that people show some class towards someone dying?

To me, a life is a life. It doesn't matter how famous or well known a person is. The fact is the guy had someone who loved him and cared for him and who will miss him. Blame the media and society for hyping celebrity.

Derric (12/6/2007)
dago (12/6/2007)

So I'm a hypocrite for requiring that people show some class towards someone dying?

To me, a life is a life. It doesn't matter how famous or well known a person is. The fact is the guy had someone who loved him and cared for him and who will miss him. Blame the media and society for hyping celebrity.

so if there were a thread talking and joking about the Darwin Awards, you would say the same thing? If so, I respect your opinion

dago (12/6/2007)
Derric (12/6/2007)
dago (12/6/2007)

so if there were a thread talking and joking about the Darwin Awards, you would say the same thing? If so, I respect your opinion

Why would I care about a Darwin Award?

That Award is a thing named after a person, not a person itself.

Derric (12/6/2007)
dago (12/6/2007)
Derric (12/6/2007)
dago (12/6/2007)

nice evasion....someone who gets that award DIED by doing something foolish. In other words, their death is being joked about/made fun of. I do appreciate you proving my point tho

Dago (12/6/2007)
Derric (12/6/2007)
dago (12/6/2007)
Derric (12/6/2007)
dago (12/6/2007)

So now I'm a hypocrite for requiring that people show some class towards someone dying?

nice evasion....someone who gets that award DIED by doing something foolish. In other words, their death is being joked about/made fun of. I do appreciate you proving my point tho

No, really, dude...I don't know what the heck you're talking about nor what point you're trying to prove. :blink:

What has death have to do with a Darwin Award? Did I miss a thread on it or something? Help me out 'cause you're confusing me here.

On second thought, never mind.