We could be great next year

rexfalcon

This is the mediocre year of football. The NFC South, NFC West, NFC East, and possibly the central is weak this year. Everyone has the same talent level. A superstar player would put us back into the playoffs. For Example, Adrian peterson would make us a contender. McKay just needs to sit back and make sure that he brings in play makers next year. Here is my list:

McFadden- Top playmaker in the draft. Defenses have to respect his passing ability.

Brennan- Biggest Arm, Accurate, and a straight out playmaker. Playing in Hawaii's system is not a barrier due to Petrino running a similar system at Louisville.

Punt Return Guy- We need to draft someone with speed. Look how baltimore drafted Figures to return kicks. He has instantly helped thier offense with good field position.

I am not big on drafting linemen. Petrino offense calls for someone 330 plus to stop the rush so that he can pass the ball. You find those players on the second day of the draft. That Baptiste guard is a perfect example of his philosophy.

IMO... with the money we should recoup from the unmentionable Mike Vick, our off-season moves should include 1-2 O lineman. Preferably, Alan Fanaca & Max Starks. Our biggest problem... protecting our "QB(s)". This will drastically improve our iffy at best Oline. If we can handle this issue in FA, we can focus on drafting weapons. McFadden has to top the list with his big play abilities - run/rec. I would take McFadden over an "elite" QB in the draft 'cause these QB's aren't JaMarcus Russell like. Why use a #1 on a huge question mark!!! We draft a QB with one of our 2nd. I would take Dennis Dixon. Speed Kills in this league! McFadden/Norwood/Dixon............ remember DVD...... this would be the upgraded version.

l.a.falconfan (12/4/2007)
stolen87 (12/4/2007)
Thread starter......... Does your place of employment have drug testing policies? I ask because you need to be tested.

Hey you never know my friend, he could be reaching a bit but we won't know until the 1st game is played.

Oh no i know, unless that o-line learns how to pass protect CONSISTANTLY there is no way.

The Falcons almost made it to the Superbowl with Schaffer, Forney, Weiner, etc. The difference is that in 2004 we had weapons:Vick, Crump, Dunn, Duckett,

We could make the playoffs next year with new weapons: Roddy,McFadden, Norwood,

CrumpMilner, BrohmBrennan

• 3 years later...

This is the mediocre year of football. The NFC South, NFC West, NFC East, and possibly the central is weak this year. Everyone has the same talent level. A superstar player would put us back into the playoffs. For Example, Adrian peterson would make us a contender. McKay just needs to sit back and make sure that he brings in play makers next year. Here is my list:</P><P>McFadden- Top playmaker in the draft. Defenses have to respect his passing ability.</P><P>Brennan- Biggest Arm, Accurate, and a straight out playmaker. Playing in Hawaii's system is not a barrier due to Petrino running a similar system at Louisville.</P><P>Punt Return Guy- We need to draft someone with speed. Look how baltimore drafted Figures to return kicks. He has instantly helped thier offense with good field position.</P><P>I am not big on drafting linemen. Petrino offense calls for someone 330 plus to stop the rush so that he can pass the ball. You find those players on the second day of the draft. That Baptiste guard is a perfect example of his philosophy.

Mediocre team

Huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joe morgan saints wr

2 catches, 156yd TD

6 punt returns, 17yd avg, 1 78yd TD

1 KO return 26 yds

j jones atlanta

4 catches for 73yds

Maybe he's talking about joe morgan of the saints vs j jones?

This is the mediocre year of football. The NFC South, NFC West, NFC East, and possibly the central is weak this year. Everyone has the same talent level. A superstar player would put us back into the playoffs. For Example, Adrian peterson would make us a contender. McKay just needs to sit back and make sure that he brings in play makers next year. Here is my list:</P><P>McFadden- Top playmaker in the draft. Defenses have to respect his passing ability.</P><P>Brennan- Biggest Arm, Accurate, and a straight out playmaker. Playing in Hawaii's system is not a barrier due to Petrino running a similar system at Louisville.</P><P>Punt Return Guy- We need to draft someone with speed. Look how baltimore drafted Figures to return kicks. He has instantly helped thier offense with good field position.</P><P>I am not big on drafting linemen. Petrino offense calls for someone 330 plus to stop the rush so that he can pass the ball. You find those players on the second day of the draft. That Baptiste guard is a perfect example of his philosophy.

Roddy+Julio+Ryan+Turner+Grimes+HD+Abe+Quizz+Gonzo= Playoffs

I think we have enough superstar players

The Falcons almost made it to the Superbowl with Schaffer, Forney, Weiner, etc. The difference is that in 2004 we had weapons:Vick, Crump, Dunn, Duckett,

We could make the playoffs next year with new weapons: Roddy,McFadden, Norwood,

CrumpMilner, BrohmBrennan

WTF? You're gonna draw attention to yourself. Maybe that's what you want though.