This Dunn/Norwood topic is just crazy,

37Ice

how, how does Norwood not get more carries,  its madening

Im tired of the statement that Norwood is not an every down back,   when has he every got 20 carries in a game????  how do we know for sure,  he did it in college,

I think Dunn and Norwood should switch roles,  Dunn should  be the KR

its down right crazy, Norwood  2nd in YPC, almost 500 yds with less than 80 carries

so if he had 160 carries ... he would have 1000 yards, why hasnt the coaching staff been questioned on this time and time again.....  why arent they being held over the fire for this,  ????

anyonehave any answers???

Not to disagree with you, but Dunn in now way should be a KR man. He doesn't have the speed for that.

I also disagree with your logic on Norwood's YPC. He often gets less than 10 carries a game, often later in the game as well. He is rushing against wore our defenses, while being completely fresh off the bench.

Not to disagree with you, but Dunn in now way should be a KR man. He doesn't have the speed for that.

I also disagree with your logic on Norwood's YPC. He often gets less than 10 carries a game, often later in the game as well. He is rushing against wore our defenses, while being completely fresh off the bench.

Thy have been giving Norwood carries at the beginning of the games recently.

Exactly who is wearing out these defenses????

Cuz it sure as **** ain't the Falcons.

Exactly who is wearing out these defenses????

Cuz it sure as **** ain't the Falcons.

hahahaha

Artose P. has been stuffed prior to the line

of scrimmage on every short yardage play

that mattered. I am not saying it is his fault

any more than Dunn or Norwood because no

back who gets the ball and gets hit around his

ankles at the same time is going anywhere. Not

Brandon Jacobs or anybody. Artose had a big run

and I think it was in garbage time. He made it

and it counts. Question: Does anybody know

if Minnesota's Adrian Peterson can block?

Who would you guess is the number one back in the NFL in rushing average?

LT?

Peterson?

Jackson?

Johnson?

Bush?

Actually, it's Artose Pinner. He has 46 yards on 5 attempts for a 9.2 average YPC.

Norwood ranks a distant fourth with 6.5 YPC.

Dunn and Snelling are tied at 97th with 3.2 YPC.

Pinner>Norwood>Dunn=Snelling

Right? :ermm:

uh no......Pinner had one good run, which came on a fake punt......this has skewed his stats. In a normal rushing formation and on a normal run play, here are Pinner's stats:

4 rushes, -3 yards = -0.75 yards per rush.

Artose had to gain two yards to get back to the

line of scrimmage and he didn't make it. He is a

pretty decent back just needs some blocks. You

could say Norwood is just getting lucky but I don't

think so. Nobody has the number of long runs he

does on so few carries.

I wouldn't trust Dunn at KR. Perhaps the position of waterboy would be more appropriate for him at this point.

I don't think Peterson needs to block for himself and I did see Norwood throw some pretty good passblocks in this most recent game (he hasn't been in the game long enough to passblock for a while now).

Artose P. has been stuffed prior to the line

of scrimmage on every short yardage play

that mattered. I am not saying it is his fault

any more than Dunn or Norwood because no

back who gets the ball and gets hit around his

ankles at the same time is going anywhere. Not

Brandon Jacobs or anybody. Artose had a big run

and I think it was in garbage time. He made it

and it counts. Question: Does anybody know

if Minnesota's Adrian Peterson can block?

they dont need him to. their offensive line is amazing.

as for pinner, he got all those yards on that fake punt trick play where he got like 45 yards....

I have actually been watching Norwood pass block these past few games and I haven't seen him miss a block.

I don't care if he gives up a sack a game if he averages 6.7 yards a carry.

Just like I don't care if Dunn doesn't allow a sack all year if he averages 3.2 yards a carry.

southga08 (12/4/2007)
I have actually been watching Norwood pass block these past few games and I haven't seen him miss a block.

I don't care if he gives upa sack a game if he averages6.7 yards a carry.

Just like I don't care if Dunn doesn't allow a sack all year if he averages 3.2 yards a carry.

He is a good blocker and a great breakaway runner. One of the

very best I have seen. Since the coach is not smart enough

to use him even though he says he is going to every week,

people started seeking some flaw and settled in on the idea

that he must not be good at something. We have ourselves

a special talent and Petrino gave him a red shirt this year.

A running back can be very flashy and pick up some big yards, but he's not helping us any more than Dunn if he kills a drive giving up a sack. Seeing as how Koenen has yet to get the directional punting down and will just knock every punt into the endzone, and Anderson has a limited range, an exciting run doesn't help us if we end a drive on 4th and 18 because Norwood gives up a sack. And anyone that wants to say that he's not a liability in pass protection, watch the Giants game, which is pretty much the only game that he was given a lot of time in pass protection rather than Dunn.

37Ice (12/4/2007)
how, how does Norwood not get more carries, its madening

Im tired of the statement that Norwood is not an every down back, when has he every got 20 carries in a game???? how do we know for sure, he did it in college,

I think Dunn and Norwood should switch roles, Dunn should be the KR

its down right crazy, Norwood 2nd in YPC, almost 500 yds with less than 80 carries

so if he had 160 carries ... he would have 1000 yards, why hasnt the coaching staff been questioned on this time and time again..... why arent they being held over the fire for this, ????

anyonehave any answers???

Be patient we are going to see the new face of the Falcons this week! :D