What the heck - I say Start Redman

Rev_Hal

Serioulsy, why not?

We know that we can't win with Joey. Leftwich is too fragile to play the position (boy, does Del Rio look like a genius now?). If nothing more than pure entertainment value, much like the circus side show, lets start Redman.

Face it, this season is over. Might was well throw the kitchen sink in there to see what it can do (I bet it blocks better than half of the OL). I have no compelling reason not to start Redman, and 1 outstanding reason that he should get the start:

Morbid curiosity.:w00t::D

Good point Rev.  I was saying the same thing about a week or so ago.  Let Redman gets some playing time.  If he can perform even close to as well as he did last week, he could serve as a good backup next season.  And be quite a bit cheaper than Harrington or Leftwich.  And he can help the new QB(i.e. Brohm) get acclimated to the NFL and Petrino's offense, since it is obviously modified from his college system.

When Redman and Norwood were both in there, the offense was rolling. He had the same offensive line as Joey. Redman and Norwood made that line look completely different. Redman was precise and quick with his decisions and Norwood was finding space and cut back lanes. Then Dunn comes in to the last drive and gets stuffed each time he ran. It isn't rocket science.

I see no downside.

If Redman tears it up, we have a QB that can groom our rookie (because we WILL draft a QB) and DJ for the future, and we can perhaps look at a middle-round QB pick, freeing up the 1st and 2nd rounds to strengthen both lines (the clearest weakness on the team).

If Redman is average to awful, then he's at least better than what we have in Harrington (horrible) and Leftwich (fragile AND horrible).  And the added bonus is that all the folks whining about Petrino will finally see he has absolutely no options this year.  The guy's hands are just tied (FWIW, I'll tend to agree somewhat in the event Redman is very good, because it begs the question "why was he on the bench all year?").

Start Redman now!

Chris Redman (though I didn't like him for the whole season) reminded me of someone also named Chris on Sunday. 

He has a nice release and the ball had decent depth and height when needed.  It was great to see that Fade to White for the TD.

Cheap and fits in scheme.  Why not dump the other two and pick up a QB in the 2nd or 3rd?

rev_hal (12/4/2007)
Serioulsy, why not?

We know that we can't win with Joey. Leftwich is too fragile to play the position (boy, does Del Rio look like a genius now?). If nothing more than pure entertainment value, much like the circus side show, lets start Redman.

Face it, this season is over. Might was well throw the kitchen sink in there to see what it can do (I bet it blocks better than half of the OL). I have no compelling reason to start Redman, and 1 outstanding reason that he should get the start:

Morbid curiosity.:w00t::D

**** they brought in leftwhich. What a waste of money.