Did the refs screw the ravens??

Can you read?  This forum isn't titled "Talk About the Ravens".

4th and 1, A time out was called, NOT the officials fault

4th and 1, Blatant false start by NE, NOT the officials fault

4th and goal, Watson was definitely held up running his pattern, NOT the officials fault

4 seconds left in the game, Boller throws a bomb, I don't think anyone can HONESTLY tell me from a man to a man that Samuel didn't get mugged by Mason at the goal line when he tried to knock the ball down. No flag thrown.

The refs most definitely did NOT scew the Ravens.  The Ravens are a bunch of cry-babies who have no one to blame but themselves for losing that game.  They got beat fair and square.

By the way, your poll is confusing.  The title of your post is "Did the refs screw the ravens?" (No), but your post says "Did the refs call a fair game?" (yes).  Your poll results may be skewed because people don't understand which question they are answering.

I voted yes but I didn't really know how you were asking the question. I'm saying yes it was a fair game. Every pass interference or defensive holding they called was legit. Stupid penalties on the Ravens. The most blatant one of the night is the one they missed though (Mason holding down Asante Samuel on the hailmary).

I don't think the fact that Samuel got held mattered that much, because within 2 minutes of the game it would've been reviewed anyways had it been a touchdown. And the Ravens imploded on that last drive. #57 on the Ravens (forget his name) got 30 yards on his own after the touchdown and then Reed being offsides cost them another 5. That meant Gostkowski only had to boot the ball through the uprights, which completely took away the chance to return the kickoff deep for the Ravens.

Ravens are just pissed off that they were manhandling pats receivers the entire game and it finally got called on them when it mattered. I was seeing Welker and to a lesser extent Moss getting pushed around past 5 yards the entire game.

You look at the last holding call, and had Ben Watson not been held, he would have had 5 yards on anyone in the ravens backfield and would have caught the TD. The holding call on Dre Bly was something small that could be called on every play. The holding call was blatant and there would be a HUGE problem had that not been called.

As far as the touchdown, there is no way you can say they should have taken that off the board. Lets look at this- the ref on the field saw gaffney catch the ball with two feet in and not visibly bobble it, then turn around with it safely tucked. He has to signal TD. Then, when they reviewed it, he MIGHT have bobbled it a little tucking it, but its too close to call. You cant overturn it with that little evidence.

quicksand first off dont be a ****...im very much aware of what forum this is, secondly your not a mod so you have NO right to tell me what i can post and cant post..if you dont like it..then heres a suggestion for you..DONT READ IT.

If the mods dont like my post they will move it or delete it, i dont need you to tell me otherwise bro..

SCREW THE PATS. THEY CHEATED AND THATS THAT. THE NFL NEEDS A TEAM TO DO WELL THIS YEAR WITH ALL OF THE CRAP GOING ON BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED.

THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO GET BURNED IS THE FANS.

THE PATS HAD AN EASY SCHEDULE BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED AND THE NFL ONLY HELPED THEM WHEN THEY GOT CAUGHT CHEATING THEY DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.

FUNNY HOW YOU BET ON EITHER SPORT AND YOU FIND YOURSELF OUT FOR GOOD BUT, CHEAT AND TAKE ROIDS ITS ALL OK.

JUST LIKE BASEBALL THESE BILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES ARE SCARED OF THE PLAYERS.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN A WHITE PERSON GET AWAY WITH SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS.

SAD THIS IS THE SPORT I THOUGHT WAS ON THE FANS SIDE. 

I voted no, that the refs did NOT screw the Ravens. The Ravens are too undisciplined and whiny for their own good. You could just see them crumbling and falling apart in the 4th quarter, especially the implosions on the last drive.

I posted this on another forum:

All the calls late in the game were clean. Anyone who says differently is looking at it from a biased point of view. The calls were obvious, especially the one play where holding was called going into the end zone, there was also pass interference on the same play by Baltimore and there was offensive PI on the Ravens on the final Hail Mary play. On the TD by Gaffney, there was nothing in the replays that would allow it to be overturned. From the time his fingers grabbed the ball, the ball never shifted, not once, so there was no juggling.

Refs did their job. Called the penalties that have to be called. Not 'cause it helped the Pats... 'cause it was an infraction of the rules!  Minus offensive pass interface @ the end of the game.  Not the refs fault Baltimore's O couldn't sistine a drive at the end of the game.

I love Baltimore's D... but stop it already!!!

Quicksand (12/4/2007)
Can you read? This forum isn't titled "Talk About the Ravens".

4th and 1, A time out was called, NOT the officials fault

4th and 1, Blatant false start by NE, NOT the officials fault

4th and goal, Watson was definitely held up running his pattern, NOT the officials fault

4 seconds left in the game, Boller throws a bomb, I don't think anyone can HONESTLY tell me from a man to a man that Samuel didn't get mugged by Mason at the goal line when he tried to knock the ball down. No flag thrown.

What he said.

marxbros (12/4/2007)
SCREW THE PATS. THEY CHEATED AND THATS THAT. THENFL NEEDS A TEAM TO DO WELL THIS YEAR WITH ALL OF THE CRAP GOING ON BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED.

THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO GET BURNED IS THE FANS.

THE PATS HAD AN EASY SCHEDULE BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED AND THE NFL ONLY HELPED THEM WHEN THEY GOT CAUGHT CHEATING THEY DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.

FUNNY HOW YOU BET ON EITHER SPORT AND YOU FIND YOURSELF OUT FOR GOOD BUT, CHEAT ANDTAKE ROIDS ITS ALL OK.

JUST LIKE BASEBALL THESE BILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES ARE SCARED OF THE PLAYERS.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN A WHITE PERSON GET AWAY WITH SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS.

SAD THIS IS THE SPORT I THOUGHT WASON THE FANSSIDE.

WHERE DID THAT, "This is the first time I have seen a white person get away with something so obvious" STATEMENT COME FROM? WHAT KIND OF ISSUE DO YOU REALLY HAVE? GETTING AWAY WITH SOMETHING HAS NO COLOR BOUNDARIES. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SMOKING GUN ......... STOP LOOKING ..... THERE AIN'T ONE.

....... aka REV2000