Petrino is not too bright.

bigbirdfanDC

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted on Yahoo Sports via Rotowire:

"Coach Bobby Petrino said he will stick by Dunn because he performed well in the Falcons' three victories."

BOBBY! DUNN HAS BEEN THE STARTING BACK ALL FREAKIN' YEAR AND WE ARE 3-9! WHO WAS STARTING DURING THOSE 9 LOSSES!

Arthur, where do you find these guys?

Not sure myself?

That's not necessarily a direct quote from Bobby. Maybe it's just me, but the way it has been quoted makes it look like somebody interpreted something Bobby said and reported that to Yahoo Sports. I'm not saying that Bobby didn't say that; he may have. But I'm sure that there was more context to what Bobby actually said.

Quoted on Yahoo Sports via Rotowire:

"Coach Bobby Petrino said he will stick by Dunn because he performed well in the Falcons' three victories."

BOBBY! DUNN HAS BEEN THE STARTING BACK ALL FREAKIN' YEAR AND WE ARE 3-9! WHO WAS STARTING DURING THOSE 9 LOSSES!

Arthur, where do you find these guys?

Norwood is averaging double Dunn's YPC and is 2nd only to Peterson in the NFL.

How can you not give Norwood more carries?:angry:

First post here guys as I could never seem to get on the old boards.  I am also perplexed on why Norwood doesn't have more carries.  Could and I do mean COULD he be kept off the field to make sure he stays healthy?  This way Atlanta could get some extra pick s for him?  I'd hate to think Petrino or McKay would trade away one of if not the only playmaker on offense but it's Petrino's team.  Just a thought

1. Norwood doesn't get many carries?

2. Redman shows he can move the first team and is on 3rd string?

3. Who picked the kicker for the first of the season?

4. Poor clock management.

5. Poor play calling?

Bobby "Punt" Petrino

Blame it on not having his players? He has an entire team with NFL pro level skills... coach them Bobby!

He did say Norwood needed more carries...again.

13 straight weeks and he hasn't hit double digits.

Blocking is not it I watched Norwood block and

he is as good as Dunn. They are both" Running"

backs and that should be the determining factor.

it's been what...12 straight weeks of Petrino saying he needs to get Norwood more carries.

Norwood didn't start when Mora was here and he hasn't started with Petrino as coach either.

Why?

Norwood's blocking skills aren't up to task.......and they may never be. His long legs give him a high center of gravity that hurts his leverage when blocking.

Don't get me wrong, he deserves more touches, he is an excellent runner. With our offensive line resembling more of a M.A.S.H. unit it's tough to not have your best blocking RB on the field.

Norwood didn't start when Mora was here and he hasn't started with Petrino as coach either.

Why?

Norwood's blocking skills aren't up to task.......and they may never be. His long legs give him a high center of gravity that hurts his leverage when blocking.

Don't get me wrong, he deserves more touches, he is an excellent runner. With our offensive line resembling more of a M.A.S.H. unit it's tough to not have your best blocking RB on the field.

that's crap....he is blocking just fine. I haev seen him go low and make great blocks.......what you are giving is simply an excuse that the team is using to allow Dunn to get his glory lap in.