NFL refs are the worst in all of sports

marxbros (12/4/2007)Of course ask all of the bandwagon pats fan and they will tell you different.

I hopePittsburg beat them. I have become a 72 Dolphins fan this year And I Im sick of hearing about Bradystein.

The past two weeks they have been exposed.They are not such a good team against a over .500 club.

I'm a Steelers fan and I'm kinda torn about next week....I want to win....but if we beat them now in the regular season...we have less of a chance of beating them in the playoffs. I'd rather beat them in the playoffs....but I swear I'm gonna puke if I have to take much more of hearing how wonderful the Patriots are and how Brady is like the second coming of Jesus or something. UGH!!! Brady's gay and Belichick is a flashdance sweatshirt wearing a-hole. I can't stand them....can ya tell??? lol

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ki45toryu (12/4/2007)

Well, the same team "Ravens" had Bart Scott about to get in a fight with a ref...and Scott came off the field crying. So either the Ravens are full of it, or I want that ref on my team somewhere. The guy was bigger than Bart Scott....so he could play DE or something, and just talk smack to the line. He would have them sucking their thumbs by the second quarter.

He had every right to flip out....I would have flipped out too.

1989fan (12/4/2007)

that pizzed me off for sure. :crazy:

Winslow made a sick catch. He was actually hit a hair before the ball came as well. But they cant review a non call.

CLE should have got the W, but they never should have let AZ take the lead that they did.

Yep....the Browns got ripped off this week too. I can't believe I'm siding with the Ravens and Browns lol what is this world coming to??????

ki45toryu (12/4/2007)

Didnt he flip out over the defensive holding call? He should have flipped out onhis DB for trying to revert to infancy by playing piggy backwith Ben Watson.

Or was there another call after that?

I think it was a combination of things that made him flip out. They had that game won so many times. If that was you and all that crap happened...you can't tell me you wouldn't be just a wee bit upset.

The calls in the end looked good to me.  One the one call - 5 yard - defensive illigal contact - That really could've been defensive pass interference - which would've put the ball on the 1 yard line. The corner just outright tackled Randy Moss before he even had a chance to catch the ball.

The TD - it was a catch, the ball never came out of his right hand.

The penalties on the Ravens - they got what they deserved.  You cannot blow up like that on the field and expect to get away with it, just ask D. Hall.

With that - I've never seen 35 yards worth of penalties added onto the kickoff- that was crazy!

BEAU J: IT'S ONLY PEOPLE GIVING THEIR OPINION. THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION, DON'T THEY? ........... YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOURS. EVERYONE DOESN'T HAVE TO THINK LIKE YOU THINK .......... DO THEY?;)

....... AKA REV2000

O..................K. I never tried to force any opinion on anyone. If someone post an opinion, ok. But there's a point when someone tries to make an opinion a fact and they are 100% right. Those are not opinions. As nonsensical as these people are, I just want an explanation for what they said. I'm just tired of people looking for any excuse, instead of saying they were outplayed or out coached. It's that simple:)

Man, I was rooting HARD for the Pats last night.  I hate those whiny, smug '72 Dolphins and wish they would shut up.  The Pats season is not tainted by the controversey that lasted an entire half of one game in week 1.  Anyone who says that it is, is just looking to hate the team.

There are no asterisks in sports...only scoreboards.

If I was the coach on that kick-off I would have kicked it onside

If you get it game over if they get it you only give up 5 yards in field position

That's exactly what I was thinking! Then it occurred to me that if I was thinking it then probably so were the Ravens and Patriots which is probably why they didn't do it LOL. I guess the biggest risk would be a crazy bounce picked up by the Ravens and run back for a 75 yard TD.

As for the refs, I blame the system more than anything. The fact that obvious bad calls are allowed to stand when we have the technology to quickly and easily fix it is ridiculous.

At least replay gets some of it, but some things are non-reviewable etc... even though 30 million people can in an instant clearly see the bad call. I think there should always be 1 or 2 guys in the booth who just watch the video and if they see something wrong they can fix it, easy enough. If they can't tell before the next play, it wasn't obvious, the coach can then challenge if we wants. Oh well I can dream anyway.... :D

Duff_Man (12/4/2007)
Man, I was rooting HARD for the Pats last night. I hate those whiny, smug '72 Dolphins and wish they would shut up. The Pats season is not tainted by the controversey that lasted an entire half of one game in week 1. Anyone who says that it is, is just looking to hate the team.

There areno asterisks in sports...only scoreboards.

Excellent post. They are really touchy about that subject. Shula was being an all out azz in an interview about it. And it seemed like every time they got interviewed they were on a gold course. Wahhhh :D