For everyone screaming mcfadden on draft day

falcon1fan

Take a look at this.http:http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...th_kevin00.html

This kid is a beast. He has the power running style that petrino loves, and is possibly the best runnig back in the country not from arkansas. Im not totally sold that mcfadden is even the best rb at arkansas. We could probably get him in the 2nd and still get Jake Long and either Colt Brennan Tim tebow or John David Booty. Its a win win for us.

That obviously should have been Arkansas, but you understood the point. Their coaching staff knows more about football than you. This is why they have been gainfully employed by a major college program while you post about the sport on a message board.

They say McFadden is better than Jones, which is why he gets more carries. In fact, he has more carries each of the past two years than Jones has in the two years combined. Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of sports analysts say McFadden is the not just the best RB but also the best player in the country. Arguing he's the second best RB on his own team is counter-intuitive for several reasons.

quote Take a look at this.http:

This kid is a beast. He has the power running style that petrino loves, and is possibly the best runnig back in the country not from arkansas. Im not totally sold that mcfadden is even the best rb at arkansas. We could probably get him in the 2nd and still get Jake Long and either Colt Brennan Tim tebow or John David Booty. Its a win win for us./quote

does stupid grow on trees in your neighborhood??

A. McFadden is an AP type of catch, people said AP was going to be a bust & well.......

B. If we dont draft McFadden we trade down to get more picks, Jake Long is not going to give us anything that Ryan Clady or Sam Baker doesnt give us. We have alot of needs

C. Brennan runs a run and shoot which is nothing like our offense, JDB will be an ok pro but I dont think he is right for us & he is the QB of my college team so you would expect me to favor him. Tebow wont be coming out for another two years atleast.

He is not AP/ What everyone fails to realize is that rbs like AP dont come out every year. He is possibly a once in a lifetime back. And as far as stupid, please tell me where anyone said AP was going to be a bust. That might be the most absurd thing ive ever heard. There was no one with any intelligence that questioned him. Mcfadden, while he will be a good NFL back, is just the next big hype that we see every year. I agree that Baker and Clady are good, gut long is head and shoulders above them in talent. I have been screamin the same thing about brennan and I really like Booty. He is not the best but he might be the best of the rest. If I had my way we would draft brohm in the first with Kevin smith amd Sam Baker in the second. I was just talking scenerios, the point of the thread is about Kevin smith. 

We have a lot of needs and if the season ended today we would have

somewhere between the 3rd and 6th pick depending on tiebreakers.

That puts us in a pretty good position w/ loads of options.

Trade our 1st for a later 1st & a 2nd or take BPA w/ our pick.

Or trade our 1st for a later 1st & a 1st next year. Lots of options!!!

That being said I think both McFadden and the kid from UCF are quality picks.

It will be extremely interesting to see what McKay and BP decide to do.