The reason UGA didn't get to the Championship

KingPickles

we are 4, and they were 7. we didnt lose, but ill say you guys not stepping up killed our chances. its ok, because we will have next year, and the year after that. and depending on how good logan gray is. we could have him lead us to 1 also.

Yea, UGA didn't lose. But they also didn't win the conference this weekend, either.

Any way you look at it, in the worst case scenario, the voters corrected their error for having UGA that far above LSU to begin with.

"Unfortunately this might have been their best chance. I don't see it in the future"

Barring any huge injuries the next couple of seasons, you'll realize just how wrong you are. Not many people expected Georgia to be the 2nd best team (modest) in the SEC this year. It's only going to get better with the growth of the players we have now and the arrival of some true impact freshmen.

The BCS kept us out of the NC game this year because we didn't deserve it after the two embarrassing losses we had, but the BCS is going to have to pull something out of their ***** to keep us out over the next two years.

We probably would have challenged in 2005 with Shockley if he didnt get hurt before the Florida game. Friggin Tereshinski almost beat Florida that year....pathetic. Shockley would have steamrolled them. Shoulda, woulda, coulda though.

I was surprised we even made the top 10 considering how much we lost in the offseason. We have 17 of 22 starters returning, with 3/4's of those guys being freshies or sophomores PLUS we get a legit wideout next season AND Caleb King.

If Stafford takes the next step, and our OL continues to mature, we will be very difficult to stop.

I don't see why some UGA fans are still dwelling on this....in the heat of the moment, yeah I thought we deserved a shot. But after looking at it objectively, there's no way we deserve to go to the NC game this year. We have a very very good team that had a great season. Let's be happy with that. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that LSU gets a third chance at #1...

And as far as the NC talk for next year, I guess you could say I'm a bit more pessimistic about it...a lot of teams from year to year are convinced they'll be better the next season. Sure we have a lot of people returning and a lot of exciting players coming in, but until we actually get to 08 and start playing games, I don't see how any fan can be so confident...especially with the schedule we have...we're bound to lose at least 1, probably 2 like this year...I just hope we get a shot at the SEC in 08. That's all I'm hoping for.

Like I said, I'm a bit of a pessimist though...

It wasn't that I wanted Georgia in there so much as I thought LSU didn't deserve it. They lost there last regular season game to an unranked arkansaw and personally I thought USC or Oklahoma or maybe even VT would be more interesting to see in the national champioship game.

slamee101 (12/4/2007)
Pickles why so much hatred...Florida fan? Bama? I mean really...how many threads are you gonna dedicate to "dissing" UGA? :rolleyes:

he is a gator fan and still upset his team lost to uga this year and won't be in a bcs bowl game..

Ahhh...GOTCHA!