We all know we need another power type RB to split carriers with Norwood next year. How many here would be willing to give Duckett another chance?

southga08

His contract will be up this after this year with Detriot I believe.

From the games I watched he seemed to be running hard, and getting some tough yards with Detriot.  Even if it was only a one year fix, it seems to be better than any other option out there.  And by better, I mean cheaper.  He would be a low money free agent that would still hurt our salary cap or cost us a draft pick.  M. Turner will cost a lot of money that would be better spent on offensive line or defensive help (free safety).  After Mcfadden is off the board, the only other RB that is a power back would be J. Stewart (Oregon) and he likely will not make it to the 2nd round.

I would rather have him this year than Dunn.

Naw seen him last week and he still tiptoes to the line instead of pushing the pile.  I was a supporter of Duckett when he was here but as time went on I began to see what everyone harped on him about, and he still hasn't fixed it. A back of his size should be punishing lbs as well as dbs:)

M. Turner will cost too much money.  We need our big free agent to be offensive linemen acquisitions.  We need a QB or OT too much to get Mcfadden in the first.

How about us getting on these guys in the draft this year?

Jacob Hester (LSU RB - 230 lbs.)

Rashard Mendenhall (Illinois RB - 225 lbs.) averaging almost 7 yards per carry.

Andre Brown (NC State RB - 235 lbs.)  he has a few highlights on youtube.  He looks as big as Snelling, but faster.

Hester is probably a 3rd-4th rounder.

Mendenhall is probably a 2nd rounder.

Brown is probably a 6th-7th rounder.

i agree with ya BDAfalcon. Snelling has to prove that he can be that powerback in the endzone. if he can, then he is just a younger Dunn. Dunn is great from 20-20, but inside the 20 he sucks. we need a RB that can help us in the 20, and short yard situations. Norwood gots the outside, and short passes, and 1/2nd down.

I loved Duckett when he was here but his time has passed. This draft seems to be loaded with powerful speedy backs. Stewart from Oregon, Rice (?) from Rutgers, The kid from Mich. State. To me the sleeper is Corey Boyd from SC. Yes I am an SC homer but if anyone out there watched him play I think you would agree that if we could get him here we would be happy about it.

I'm sure there are others I am forgetting about. I didn't mention McFadden because our only chance to draft him would be in the first round and I want us to go OL in the first.