Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott24falcs

How far along on Guitar Hero 3?

45 posts in this topic

I'm currently stuck on the last tier of Expert songs.

I beat everything on hard the first time through up until probably the second to last tier. I thought it was pretty easy for the most part. I beat Through the Fire and Flames on hard but cant even dent it on Expert. The last tier on expert is brutal. I'm pretty sure I'l be able to get through cliffs of dover, one and number of the beast but raining blood is insane.

scott24falcs (12/8/2007)
Now I can't get past the Slipknot song on Hard.

that song is a pain on both hard and expert. i don't know if you play on 360 or not, but if you do that is the song i got both the acheivement for failing 10 times and for failing in the last 90%

joremari (12/8/2007)
scott24falcs (12/8/2007)

that song is a pain on both hard and expert. i don't know if you play on 360 or not, but if you do that is the song i got both the acheivement for failing 10 times and for failing in the last 90%

Yeah, 360. I honestly have tried it only like 3 or 4 times, but I don't stand a chance. I guess I should practice it with a slower speed, but I hate spending my time practicing.

scott24falcs (12/8/2007)
joremari (12/8/2007)
scott24falcs (12/8/2007)

Yeah, 360. I honestly have tried it only like 3 or 4 times, but I don't stand a chance. I guess I should practice it with a slower speed, but I hate spending my time practicing.

lol i know the feeling. i felt the same way when i was stuck there. keep playing, and you will get through. after this tier here, you will again probably have serious problems when you get to Raining Blood (i'm stuck here on expert), again when you get to One, and again when you go against Lou. Fortunantly though, once you can either beat hard or come close to beating hard, you should be fine through at least half of the expert tour. sure you will have some songs on expert here and there that will give you a problem (Holiday in cambodia, The Metal, Black sunshine come to mind, but there are a few hard ones) but overall you should be pretty smooth sailing until you come back to slipknot.

I can't beat the Knights of..... song on Hard. When you have to hit the note like 1,000 times in a row as fast as you can, I get killed.

scott, do you alt strum? in other words, try strumming up and down on the strum bar at a slightly slower pace, it's real uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to it, it will really make a difference

WTA: I remember when i was stuck on Holiday in Cambodia, i couldn't get passed the beginning either, all i can say for that one is just keep practicing and you will get it.

joremari (12/11/2007)
scott, do you alt strum? in other words, try strumming up and down on the strum bar at a slightly slower pace, it's real uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to it, it will really make a difference

WTA: I remember when i was stuck on Holiday in Cambodia, i couldn't get passed the beginning either, all i can say for that one is just keep practicing and you will get it.

Wow, I wasn't exactly sure what you meant, but I just picked up the guitar and tried it. It seems a lot easier. I feel stupid for not thinking about that before. :P Thanks man.

scott24falcs (12/11/2007)
joremari (12/11/2007)

Wow, I wasn't exactly sure what you meant, but I just picked up the guitar and tried it. It seems a lot easier. I feel stupid for not thinking about that before. :P Thanks man.

no problem. again it is real awkward at first. i mean the only time i really use it is if there is a string of notes in a row that are similiar and at the same, close time interval.

some people i know alt strum everything. i am nowhere near coordinated enough.

hall star (12/5/2007)

My guitar doesn't work either. The strum bar malfunctioned the day after I bought. I'm waiting for a replacement, also. Lucky I had the GH3 and GH2 guitars still that worked with Rock Band.

hall star, did you get your guitar? Mine finally came yesterday. They promised free games and credits for the hassle and delay, but I'm not going to count on it. Just glad to have the guitar.

I only played a few songs last night. My hands are kind of small...wish they would make a munchkin or chick size guitar. :ermm: