Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott24falcs

How far along on Guitar Hero 3?

45 posts in this topic

I'm stuck on Lou Boss Battle on hard. I've been through the game on easy and medium though.

Yea I haven't done career on GH3 in a while, usually do quick play now haha. Also I've been playing COD4 so yea..

yeah, I want COD4 badly.  I dont have online right now, but I plan on getting it.  Hows the campaign mode?  I'm typically not into those kinda games, but I've seen the videos of it and it looks pretty crazy.

I still haven't beat the campaign, although I think I'm right around half way through it and I could definetly go back and play it again though. I've mostly been playing online. It is sick, and it's cool because you get your rank up fast. I'm not sure if you played Rainbow 6: Vegas. But me personally, I enjoy the COD4 online a heck of a lot more than I did R6, and I loved R6.

no, I never have played Rainbow 6.  Reading about COD4 online got me excited.  I had a blast when I had a ps2 and was playing Socom 2 online, so this should be great.  Hopefully theres not a lot of lag or cheaters online though.  I guess its inevitable that whiny kids will still be playing though

Oh, I know COD4 blows Socom out of the water.  Obviously the systems have improved.  I was just referring to Socom because the online play was pretty fun, and the online game types were similar  (ex: the bomb one)

**** Joremari, I'm having so much trouble with the first stages of hard. Did you have any problems on hard, or did you breeze through it?  this is my first time really playing any of the guitar hero games.

i finished easy and medium with few problems, but im not very good. i didnt get 5 stars on every song on medium, i missed 4 songs, all towards the end.

im going to try hard soon, but im playing on a standard controller so i dont anticipate it going very well, especially since ive very rarely played hard before. not to mention ive never actually owned a guitar hero game, im even borrowing this one from a friend that just recently got rock band. :laugh:

I'm in the last stage on hard, I've beaten Cliffs of Dover but am struggling on the other three...

I've gotten 100% on all easy songs except Raining Blood and 5 stars on all medium songs except Raining Blood... Right now I'm tired of trying those last three on hard so I'm going back to get 5 stars on the previous hard songs...

And I tried expert, beat the first four songs but have yet to beat the Kiss song yet...

how in the **** are you guys on expert? I've been playing non-stop on hard, and constently getting my ##### destroyed.  In fairness, this is the first time I've really played the GH series.

I beat the game on expert. The hardest song is Raining Blood by far. Took me a long time to beat. I've been playing GH for awhile. I had GH2 as well. The hardest difficulty switch for me was definitely from medium to hard, but you guys will get used to it. Once you beat hard, you will coast through the beginning of expert.

I just beat Rock Band too. Anyone got it? It was a lot easier than GH3.

honestly scott, when i started, i actually failed a song on easy and not to just get the acheivement :D

guitar hero is just one of those games where you just keep getting better the more you played. I struggled at times when i was playing medium, hard, and expert. When i was trying to pass medium on GH2 i tried an expert song just for the heck of it and thought there is no way i will ever be able to play expert.

i would agree that the hardest jump in guitar hero is when you go from medium to hard. getting used to the orange button is a pain.

also if you get stuck on a song, try and go back and 5* an easier song.

I failed a song on easy too. I would suggest utilizing practice mode, and everything will just come will playing more and more.

hall star: how did you get through Mosh 1 on raining blood? i have tried many different ways and i just haven't found a way to do it.

I have Cliffs of Dover, Raining Blood, One, and the Lou Challenge left to finish Expert. No time to play them though, still absorbed in Mass Effect.

I've got Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero III, and Guitar Hero Rock the 80's

For me Rock the 80's was the hardest and Guitar Hero III was soooooo boring on the easy level - but Slash is killing me in expert because he whammy bars me every 4th note

I only beat it twice out of like 100 times. One time I eliminated the orange and blue and just focused on the other half, since i had star power. The other time I went for it all. You literally have to do it as fast as you can. Try practice mode and gradually go up the speed level. Make sure you have star power, too, otherwise you definitely won't make it.

I beat every Rock Band song on Medium, except "Timmy". I laughed so hard...finally had to have my husband do it...I just couldn't. I've only done Beginner and Medium on Rock Band and GH3, but I agree that Rock Band was easier.

Although we haven't actually been able to use our guitar for Rock Band. We've been waiting for a replacement since the day the game came out. From what we've read, guitar malfunction was a pretty common problem. Doesn't really matter to me since I prefer the drums.

etifan (12/5/2007)

I beat every Rock Band song on Medium, except "Timmy". I laughed so hard...finally had to have my husband do it...I just couldn't. I've only done Beginner and Medium on Rock Band and GH3, but I agree that Rock Band was easier.

Although we haven't actually been able to use our guitar for Rock Band. We've been waiting for a replacement since the day the game came out. From what we've read, guitar malfunction was a pretty common problem. Doesn't really matter to me since I prefer the drums.

My guitar doesn't work either. The strum bar malfunctioned the day after I bought. I'm waiting for a replacement, also. Lucky I had the GH3 and GH2 guitars still that worked with Rock Band.