Random quotes from around the league

!owahorse

Random quotes from around the league

Compiled by Billy Wellner and Arthur Arkush

Dec. 3, 2007

Monday, Dec. 3, 2007

Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson pays homage to Walter Payton, whom he surpassed for third place on the all-time rushing touchdowns list, as quoted in The San Diego Union-Tribune: You've got to understand, the whole reason I wanted to even play football was seeing him. I remember watching everything he did, even off the field, the way he talked to kids, the way he talked to people, the way he carried himself. It's definitely an honor just to be mentioned in the same breath with, in my opinion, the greatest running back that has ever played the game.

Falcons QB Joey Harrington responds to being pulled out of the game in favor of third-stringer Chris Redman, as quoted in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: I guess I m used to it by now. It s a tough position to play from. I'll be honest, it's a tough position to play from, not knowing what's going to get you taken out of the game. My job is to play for this team and I'm going to continue to do that. I'm extremely happy for Chris, who got a chance to go in there and show everybody that he's a heck of a player.

Panthers QB Vinny Testaverde attributes a 31-14 victory over the 49ers to the team s relaxed approach, as quoted by The Associated Press: Last night, coach (John) Fox mentioned to the team, Hey just go out and have fun. We ve pressed too hard and we ve made too many mistakes. Not that today was perfect, but it seemed like guys were having fun and making plays.

After a 17-16 victory over the Redskins, Bills head coach **** Jauron comments on a game played under difficult circumstances, as quoted in The Buffalo News: It was a very emotional day for everybody, I m sure more so for them. But we had a number of players on our squad who were very close to Sean (Taylor). I thought both teams played hard, and that honored him. It was unfortunate one of those teams had to lose on this day.

Panthers QB Vinny Testaverde attributes a 31-14 victory over the 49ers to the team s relaxed approach, as quoted by The Associated Press: Last night, coach (John) Fox mentioned to the team, Hey just go out and have fun. We ve pressed too hard and we ve made too many mistakes. Not that today was perfect, but it seemed like guys were having fun and making plays.

________________________________________________________________________________

And he should have added " let's try not to CRY after the **** game, okay?"

Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson pays homage to Walter Payton, whom he surpassed for third place on the all-time rushing touchdowns list, as quoted in The San Diego Union-Tribune: You've got to understand, the whole reason I wanted to even play football was seeing him. I remember watching everything he did, even off the field, the way he talked to kids, the way he talked to people, the way he carried himself. It's definitely an honor just to be mentioned in the same breath with, in my opinion, the greatest running back that has ever played the game.

Walter and Emmitt were also very close and after his death Walters family and Emmitt were very close. "Sweetness" lived up to his name and inspired many and obviously two of the greatest ever were inspired by him.

I will NEVER get over my disgust for Mike Ditka for giving the ball to fridge at the goal line instead of Walter in the Super Bowl.