Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayoh

Something interesting that should fun to watch unravel throughout the next 1~3 years

6 posts in this topic

Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada has so much potential. He's already 6'5" tall, all he needs to do is let his frame fill out more(and he already is built like Dixon/Brennan at 205 lbs). He's playing in a very good system IMO in that the Nevada offense only runs out of a Pistol. It's going to be very fun to see his career unravel(He's currently a rFr) and what he can do with Nevada's program. I'd love to see him stay throughout his senior year so that he gets a lot of experience before jumping into the NFL, but I've already seen him ranked as high as the 4th best QB in the Nation for the Class of 2011.

Just pointing it out, and creating name recognition with you guys. :)

How is the Pistol a gimmick? :blink:

I think the NFL should implement the Pistol. I don't see why not; all it is is a brilliant way to get your QB in a standing position like a Shotgun that's just easier to run out of.

As of right now, any offense except a "pro-style" or "west-coast" are considered gimmicks by the NFL.  It goes back to the failure of the Run-N-Shoot.  Not saying it's right....just saying.;)

An option offense is a gimmick. A ridiculous passing offense like Texas Tech and Houston is a gimmick. Somebody tell me how exactly using the Pistol formation is a gimmick?