• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WhenFalconsWin (2/26/2008)
.:st.anger:. (2/26/2008)
He's a system QB...he's a joke....he was completely revealed by a mediocre Georgia defense.

You can't blame him for what happened to him in the Georgia game see (Tom Brady in SB) if there is no blocking even Mr. Brady looks bad! I would be happy if the Falcons took a flier on him in the 3rd! A slighty taller better arm Drew Brees!

Tom Brady is god....thus cannot look bad

BobDigital v3 Ticked Ed. (12/3/2007)
We put too much faith in stats. I need to know what a guy ismade of. Tebow is my #1 choice. He has heart. He has carried his team to a 9-3 record. No gimmicks just hard work and want. That's my guy all day.

Wait a year and get a real game changer!

Tebow reminds me of a white Mike Vick.

I'd love to have him on the team.

• 2 weeks later...
The last Fan (12/3/2007)

Who is our QB? Brohm, Ryan, woodson?

How about Colt Brennan

This kid is Insane!

I keep reviewing video on him and the more I watch the more I like him.

Why do I like this kid so much:

Some of Brennan's achievements include:

NCAA record for most career touchdown passes (126).

Warrior quarterback Colt Brennan currently holds 20 NCAA records, including the career record for most games gaining 400 yards or more of total offense with another season to play.

SO HOW GOOD IS HE.. In 2006 his record year where he threw for 58 TDs and completed 72% of his passes. There were 54 drops, which would have elevated Brennan s completion percentage to 82 percent. Those weren t dropped balls that were hard to catch, either. They were right in the receivers hands.

College stats ( not so important but...)

YEAR

Career

Yes when you look at his stats you wonder.....They are only stats

One of the biggest obstacles he will have to overcome in the eyes of both Heisman voters and N.F.L. personnel is to prove that he is better than the former Hawaii quarterback Timmy Chang who posted Ridiculous high numbers on the "June Jone passer friendly system"

"The difference is that I don t think that Timmy Chang had the ability or the arm strength that Brennan has," said Gil Brandt, the former Dallas Cowboys executive who is an analyst for NFL.com. "He was right around 6-foot, and this guy measures at 6-2 and three-quarters. I think this guy is better than Timmy Chang was. This guy is better in every facet of the game."

Yes he is and there are plenty of experts who feels this way as well. Brennan has proved plenty over the last years.

"I could throw 70 touchdowns, but if we go 5-7 no one is going to care," Brennan said. "If I throw 30 touchdowns and go 12-0, then I think people may say that I have a shot. All I care about is winning the football games.".. Colt Brennan

Colt Brennan was a star in the "June Jones offense" tossing TD after TD. The big question about Brennan is he a quote on quote "system quarterback." Brennan fits the mold of where Kevin Kolb was selected last year and should not draw comparisons to Timmy Chang.

Yeah, Yeah! He played for Hawaii 11-0 in a very weak division ( Not worthy since he play vs bad teams, Blah Blah ) "He is a system QB " Where they love to throw the ball.

But what you have to understand is that he had lots of success in this so call "system" taking it and his game to another level. If you ask me I rather have a QB who was put in a situation where he had to play with a mediocre team with mediocre WRs and succeeded and posted jaw dropping numbers. Yes the "June Jones system" is a system where the offensive core it's passing aerial attack, where you see a QB throwing 50-70 passes a game. Something you will never see in the NFL. Even so knowing he took this system and literally owned it I can only feel comfortable knowing he has had that many experience throwing the ball.

Who would you rather take.. Some one out of college who barely threw the ball 20-30 times and succeeded or some one who threw the ball 50-70 ball and had succeeded as well?

Let me help you make your decision. For example: Roddy White was a bust last year but how could you blame him? You cant developed a WR or any type of player if you don't expose him to the game. How could reach the level he is at by getting the ball only 2-3 times a game in 06. Which maybe 1 out 2 or 2 out 3 times he dropped the ball, only hurting his confidence in his ability to play at the next level.

What's the difference now? REPETITION! They continue to throw the ball at him and with each throw he learned and adjusted, improving his game and his confidence.

Now who would you rather pick?

He has had a few issues in the past but has over come all of them& & & & .

Wait wasn t Jerry Rice too slow and not worth going on the 1st round ? Brady wasn t selected until the 6th round? The negatives can go on and on.

Can you see this guy as a FALCON? I can, Mid rounder.. Falcons will pass him and select a poster boy QB. What a shame. Or maybe a RB with JN running over 6.0 again for the second straight year. Remember McFadden Fans.. You can pick guys like him on the 3rd-4th-5th-6th round. Do I need to bring any names to remind you of this?

Forget his stats.. I'm not impress by it. But when I see video of this kid.. WOW

Give some feedback guys!!

He isn't our future because he is barely 6' tall, 185lbs., and throws side arm. Those highlights your watching was against beefed up high school kids. Nothing more. He will fall between 4th and 6th round and won't be worth that. If you want to see him play against college kids watch the UGA game and the Senior Bowl. Both were a joke. He doesn't belong. Believe me, I wanted him too until the UGA game.

The last Fan (12/3/2007)

How about Colt Brennan

This kid is Insane!

Warrior quarterback Colt Brennan currently holds 20 NCAA records, including the career record for most games gaining 400 yards or more of total offense with another season to play.

SO HOW GOOD IS HE.. In 2006 his record year where he threw for 58 TDs and completed 72% of his passes. There were 54 drops, which would have elevated Brennan s completion percentage to 82 percent. Those weren t dropped balls that were hard to catch, either. They were right in the receivers hands.

YEAR

Career

One of the biggest obstacles he will have to overcome in the eyes of both Heisman voters and N.F.L. personnel is to prove that he is better than the former Hawaii quarterback Timmy Chang who posted Ridiculous high numbers on the "June Jone passer friendly system"

"The difference is that I don t think that Timmy Chang had the ability or the arm strength that Brennan has," said Gil Brandt, the former Dallas Cowboys executive who is an analyst for NFL.com. "He was right around 6-foot, and this guy measures at 6-2 and three-quarters. I think this guy is better than Timmy Chang was. This guy is better in every facet of the game."

Yes he is and there are plenty of experts who feels this way as well. Brennan has proved plenty over the last years.

"I could throw 70 touchdowns, but if we go 5-7 no one is going to care," Brennan said. "If I throw 30 touchdowns and go 12-0, then I think people may say that I have a shot. All I care about is winning the football games.".. Colt Brennan

Colt Brennan was a star in the "June Jones offense" tossing TD after TD. The big question about Brennan is he a quote on quote "system quarterback." Brennan fits the mold of where Kevin Kolb was selected last year and should not draw comparisons to Timmy Chang.

Yeah, Yeah! He played for Hawaii 11-0 in a very weak division ( Not worthy since he play vs bad teams, Blah Blah ) "He is a system QB " Where they love to throw the ball.

But what you have to understand is that he had lots of success in this so call "system" taking it and his game to another level. If you ask me I rather have a QB who was put in a situation where he had to play with a mediocre team with mediocre WRs and succeeded and posted jaw dropping numbers. Yes the "June Jones system" is a system where the offensive core it's passing aerial attack, where you see a QB throwing 50-70 passes a game. Something you will never see in the NFL. Even so knowing he took this system and literally owned it I can only feel comfortable knowing he has had that many experience throwing the ball.

Who would you rather take.. Some one out of college who barely threw the ball 20-30 times and succeeded or some one who threw the ball 50-70 ball and had succeeded as well?

Let me help you make your decision. For example: Roddy White was a bust last year but how could you blame him? You cant developed a WR or any type of player if you don't expose him to the game. How could reach the level he is at by getting the ball only 2-3 times a game in 06. Which maybe 1 out 2 or 2 out 3 times he dropped the ball, only hurting his confidence in his ability to play at the next level.

What's the difference now? REPETITION! They continue to throw the ball at him and with each throw he learned and adjusted, improving his game and his confidence.

Wait wasn t Jerry Rice too slow and not worth going on the 1st round ? Brady wasn t selected until the 6th round? The negatives can go on and on.

Can you see this guy as a FALCON? I can, Mid rounder.. Falcons will pass him and select a poster boy QB. What a shame. Or maybe a RB with JN running over 6.0 again for the second straight year. Remember McFadden Fans.. You can pick guys like him on the 3rd-4th-5th-6th round. Do I need to bring any names to remind you of this?

Forget his stats.. I'm not impress by it. But when I see video of this kid.. WOW

I agree with you, absolutely. What people don't realize when they bring up that last game is that if you were to switch QB's, it's not like Stafford or Tom Brady wins that game for Hawaii

BlacksburgHokie (12/3/2007)
Colt is just as likely to succeed as any QB that we would draft in the first round. Plus, he would most likely still be available in the second round.

And for all of the people saying that he is a system quarterback - that's absolutely true. But watching his games, he makes some really sick throws that just make you say "wow." He's not going to come into the league and throw for 50 touchdowns and have a 75% completion rate or whatever, but I definitely see the potential for him to develop into at least an above-average starter in the league...

We could more than likely get him in the 4th to 5th round pretty easily. He isn't considered a top 8 QB.

The last Fan (12/3/2007)

How about Colt Brennan

This kid is Insane!

YEAR

Career

He is not the kind of guy we need for our offense. He played in the gun his whole career and just chunked the ball every play. WE are now a running team. We need a QB who can stand in there and deliver accurate passes from the PA. Not that brennan could not do that he is just better a better fit somewhere else. We need a QB like Drew Brees. and besides did you see him against georgia. dude got murdered against a real team.

The last Fan (12/3/2007)

How about Colt Brennan

This kid is Insane!

YEAR

Career

I mean I feel as if we should take'em also, yea hes sick nasty