Georgia fans

Dago

That is why the BCS is, and, unless changed, will always be a sham! I still do not believe we will see a playoff system, but, believe there should be one implemented. I understand why they did it as well, but, to be penalized for not winning your conference title is absurd. Yes we lost two games that cost us, but, so did LSU, nothing against them, just that the had the chance to win those games as well as Georgia did theirs.

As a UGA fan I realized it would be a long shot for us to make it, and we really have no one else to blame but ourselves (I'm still getting nauseated thinking about the SC loss) but these polls are a bunch of BS.

Congrats to LSU for hanging in there and making it but dayum... how many times can the #1 team lose and still make it to the NC. Hey look we're #1...oops we lost. Hey we're #1 again...oops, we lost again. Hey we're still going to the NC.

It's just been another wonderful season with the BCS. Now UGA is stuck in the Sugar Bowl in a game that will gain nothing for the dawgs. If we win, big deal, hawaii was overrated anyways. If we lose we will never hear the end of it.

it isnt absurd at all! how can you say that you are the best team if you didnt win your division, much less your conference? I am just saying that based upon the rankings the week before, Georgia should be in because as of now there is no rule prohibiting a non-conference winner from being in the BCS Champ. They knew this situation could occur because it happened once before already. If they didnt want them in, then they should have made the rule change

I guess my point was that we were ranked higher going into Saturday, but all of a sudden the voters decided, woops, we were just kidding. I agree that if you do not win your conference title you should not be allowed to play in the NC, but, as it is written now, that is not the case, but, they sure are working that way.

I guess Hawaii is the only team to get screwed then.  The BCS title game is a joke-it's like a gymnastics or diving competition and only 2 competitors get invited to compete.  Too bad something as cool as college football is reduced to this level. 

Again, maybe voters and EA Sports should tell us who belongs in one game to decide who's #1.  Save everyone time and money.  Playoffs/tournament systems are simply foolish.  Hopefully we can dump this silly March Madness thing soon too.:w00t:

I made my point about Hawaii yesterday, if there name is Ohio State, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, they're in the NC

but when you lose a game the polls are more relavent because at that moment you lose you are at the mercy of the polls

If Hawaii goes undefeated next year they will get a title shot, they open with florida and play a couple of other respected teams.

I agree Dago...and that's my biggest issue.  I'm not at all upset that LSU is in over us...but I do have a problem with the system...how things flip-flopped this week based on an "unwritten rule" when that "rule" wasn't in effect to get OU or Nebraska in.  That said I hope LSU puts a similar whoopin on Ohio State like Florida did.