We finally saw our offense run by a half competent QB. Is there any doubt that Atlanta won't be taking Brohm in the draft this year.

southga08

We need O-Line help, but having a long term solution at QB is important on so many levels to a franchise.  Brohm is much more talented than Redman, and we finally saw what a decent QB can do behind this system.  I have been saying this for months on these message boards, that if Brohm was our QB this year we would have had 2-3 more wins with the same sorry offensive line and Dunn at RB.

I agree after the game yesterday, the team needs a QB over the other positions.

Petrino only changed the QB and the team looked completely different.

I'm not sure about Brohm perhaps they prove a free agent, although I don' t think so after Harrington and Lewitfch. Perhaps they go with McFadden and take a developmental prospect in the second round.

From 1983-2003, there were 30 QB's drafted in the first round. Of these, 16 could be labeled "busts", 4 as "average performing (non-probowl but not busts)", and 10 earned at least 1 pro bowl. So, of these QB's, a staggering 53% were busts vs. 33% pro bowlers.

As far as linemen in the first round go, there were 70 drafted during those years. Of those, 22 were "busts", 30 were "average performing," and 18 made at least 1 pro bowl. So, of these OL, 31% were busts and 22% were pro-bowlers.

What's the safest position to draft in the first round? Ironically, it's the safety. 53% of safetys drafted in the first round made the pro bowl, whereas only 11% ended up being busts.

First round busts by position:

QB -- 53 percent

RB -- 49 percent

WR -- 45 percent

DT -- 33 percent

OL -- 31 percent

DE -- 31 percent

CB -- 29 percent

LB -- 16 percent

S -- 11 percent

First round pro bowls by position

(Percentage or players making at least 1 pro bowl)

S -- 53 percent

DT -- 40 percent

LB -- 39 percent

RB -- 36 percent

DE -- 33 percent

QB -- 33 percent

WR -- 31 percent

OL -- 26 percent

CB -- 23 percent

From 1983-2003, there were 30 QB's drafted in the first round. Of these, 16 could be labeled "busts", 4 as "average performing (non-probowl but not busts)", and 10 earned at least 1 pro bowl. So, of these QB's, a staggering 53% were busts vs. 33% pro bowlers.

As far as linemen in the first round go, there were 70 drafted during those years. Of those, 22 were "busts", 30 were "average performing," and 18 made at least 1 pro bowl. So, of these OL, 31% were busts and 22% were pro-bowlers.

What's the safest position to draft in the first round? Ironically, it's the safety. 53% of safetys drafted in the first round made the pro bowl, whereas only 11% ended up being busts.

QB -- 53 percent

RB -- 49 percent

WR -- 45 percent

DT -- 33 percent

OL -- 31 percent

DE -- 31 percent

CB -- 29 percent

LB -- 16 percent

S -- 11 percent

S -- 53 percent

DT -- 40 percent

LB -- 39 percent

RB -- 36 percent

DE -- 33 percent

QB -- 33 percent

WR -- 31 percent

OL -- 26 percent

CB -- 23 percent

Very interesting, but you can't use statistics to decide whether 1 individual player is a bust or pro-bowler.

One key point that your missing here, is that Petrino coached Brohm for several years.  If he drafted Brohm he would be going on a lot more than a 40 time and an interview at a combine.  If he thinks Brohm is a better QB than anybody on the roster, then he probably is.  Petrino will know if Brohm will be worth taking in the first.

We're gonna need a more mobile QB with our line..Regardless of what you all think about Vick,we got by with a sham for a line with him at QB..And what other coaches in the league are saying when  they see us this year is,not that Vick had a 8-8,then 7-9 season his past 2 seasons,and calling him a loser and saying that he would not be no better than the QB's we had in this year,LIKE YOU FANS..

They are saying that he won twice as many games as we have this year with basically  the same cast..And that he can make any team better and disguise the weakness of any team more than any QB in the league right now..

Petrino's offense is a vertical in game and our offense needs to have a formidable run and passing attack..And a fast, mobile QB with a big "accurate"arm is not a bad weapon to have..

I believe that Vick will not suit back up in a falcons uniform,but i would love to have a "Vick Like" player as our QB..

Having a player who can take out at least 2 defenders off of the defense and have them just stand there,and waiting to see what he's gonna do..Our OC did not know how to capitalize on those opportunities like we have now..11 on 9 is what we would have..

The days of the drop back QB are not going away no time soon..But im 24,and soon,the days of the drop back non-mobile QB will be a thing of the past..

I would want my offense to have more options at QB than just having a guy to stand in the pocket and pass..Get someone who can put the defense on its heals..And keep them going backwards..Keeping them honest when they know if they blitz they can get burned!!Capable recievers and more offensive weapons,just as u have for the non-mobile QB is needed..

I like what i saw in Redman,and i think he is much more better than Joey and Byron..

QB -- 53 percent

RB -- 49 percent

WR -- 45 percent

DT -- 33 percent

OL -- 31 percent

DE -- 31 percent

CB -- 29 percent

LB -- 16 percent

S -- 11 percent

S -- 53 percent

DT -- 40 percent

LB -- 39 percent

RB -- 36 percent

DE -- 33 percent

QB -- 33 percent

WR -- 31 percent

OL -- 26 percent

CB -- 23 percent

Exactly what I've been trying to tell people. Drafting a QB is extremely risky because the learning curve from college to pros is extremely steep. For every Peyton Manning you get, you get a Ryan Leaf, it is basically a 50/50 type deal. Furthermore, if you do get a good QB, it will not be instant success. It will take at least 2-3 years before the QB becomes good enough to lead the team to title games.

I've also been trying to tell people that Kenny Phillips is where it's at.

Then work on o-line, and Norwood could tear it up with some decent holes.

For about 15 touches until someone lands on those skinny little chicken legs and he's out for rest of the game and the next week with a tweaked ankle (again)