Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1989Fan

NFL Interactive Mock Draft Game

500 posts in this topic

I am using this thread to establish the drfat list again. I am going to have to re-draw the order I believe. I also have to re-write all the rules. I had them on a MS word doc, but deleted it once I made the thread. I am going to try to PM a mod and see if we can have the thread migrated over this morning....that would defiantely be the easiest way.

If you dont see your name on the GM list below, reply stating your team you are repping.

thanks, and we will get this off the ground as soon as we can!

For some reason it wont let me edit my post (keeps saying I have to log in...its a vicious cycle).

So here is who we have back on board so far:

1) 1989Fan - Browns

2) Robb4242 - Jaguars

3) Jidady - Titans

4) defensedefensedefense - Ravens

5) Bam_19 - Bills

6) dchi194 - Patriots

7) billywitchdoctor - Chargers

8) VirginiaFalcon - undecided

9) Welcome to Atlanta - 49ers

10) welcometoatlanta - ?

11) papikaika - Dolphins

12) Tom Melton - Vikings (also my co-commish)

13) squirreldawg - Seahawks

I also had GMs with the following teams, but dont have their screen names: Falcons, Steelers & Bears.

IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THIS LIST, PLEASE REPLY OR PM ME WITH YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!

The post above will be edited to show the final draft order. The draft order will REVERSE BY ROUNDS, ie the GM who picks first in the odd # rounds, will pick last in the even # rounds.

DRAFT ROUNDS/ROSTER FORMATS

each team will draft 11 offensive players, 11 defensive players, 1 KR/PR, 1 kicker and 1 punter

DRAFT CLOCK/RULES

Each team will have 3 hours to make their picks. If your pick is missed, the next GM will go OTC automatically. You have until the END OF THE ROUND to make your pick. If you dont get your pick in within the round, I will make it for you, and it will be final.

If you are concerned you will not be available to make your pick(s), PM me a list of your top 3-5 players, and I will take the highest available player(s) for you.

DRAFT TIME SCHEDULE

THE DRAFT IS ACTIVE MONDAY - SATURDAY 9:00AM - 9:00PM

TRADING

You CAN do some trading, but there are rules. First and foremost, all trades must be approved by me or the co-commish!

You can trade picks for picks to manuever draft position, example teamA trades their 3rd and 5th for teamBs 3rd and 4th. (team A would obviously have a higher round 3 pick)

You can also trade a combination of ONE player and ONE pick for ONE player and ONE pick. Example: TeamA trades Tome Brady (QB) and round 7 pick for Brian Urlacher (LB) and round 3 pick. A team CANNOT have more players at any one position than allowed (like 2 QBs), so I will not approve a trade that would do so. Not even if you plan on trading the extra QB (or whatever position)

Then of course you can also do player for player trades. It has to be an even # of players though, because each team only has 26 rounds to fill 26 positions!

i'm obviously behind.  i understand the rules and the basics of what's going on with how you will draft, but i have no idea as to how a winner will be chosen.  is this setting up a fantasy team for next year.

i guess i'm asking what is the purpose of the game?

it is really done as entertainment only.

Once the teams are formed I will make a thread were any poster can view the teams, and each GMs summary of their draft and pick a "best team" in a poll.

there is no "prize" though. It is just something to hold over the football freaks till draft time rolls around.

as soon as I can find the GMs to Falcons, Bears and Steelers, we are ready to roll. I am just waiting to wrap up the GM roll call, and notifications will then be sent.

Keep ready it should be either today or tomorrow morning.

Hey 1989Fan, you said the draft is active at 9AM and I'm just curious as to what time zone.

Thanks.

are we going to get it going this afternoon possibly? i won't be home until about 3 or 4 so that is when I will have to check. I'm on this at school right now, what a rebel. :laugh:

anyways, im excited about this. it sounds fun.

maybe we could do a draft of all rookies from this past season in the same format? could be interesting.

the time zone will be EST.

I am going to redraw the team order. I think I will do that now, and when the other GMs are added, they can just be added to the tail end of the round.

I will PM out GMs the draft order. KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED THIS THING IS GOING TO START IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES!!!!!

MIAMI went OTC @ 2pm eastern.

Each team has 3 hours OTC, but hopefully we dont need to reach that limit often.

I may down it to 2 hours after round one, because by then all teams should be pretty aware of the draft and the pace of the picks.

Please refer to the picks thread for the new draft order (had to redo it). And please picks only in that thread, all discussion, etc in this thread.

BTW, Thanks for doing this 1989Fan. This is my 1st time doing something like this but it seems like a lot of fun!

OK. I edited that.

I also edited the 2nd post, which has the draft order, and picks made in it.

Below that is a list compiled of all players selected through the draft. Please refer to that list as the draft goes on to prevent duplicate selections.

THANKS!

I am PMing the next GM, he is OTC now. He was on just a bit ago, so hopefully he gets his pick in. This should pick up once Gms get used to it, and the forum calms down.

There is 26 rounds total.

26, nice :D  this should be a blast......is this draft limited to players in the NFL or can we draft players like McFadden etc. etc.