UGA screwed? How bout OU in thewhathaveyoudoneformelately hose job by the BCS?

tikibar

OU throttled the #1 team in the country YESTERDAY.  What's their reward?

LSU lost to a 2nd tier, unranked team last week and w/o that stinker yesterday by Erik Ainge, they lose to yet another non-top 10 team.

The BCS is beyond horrible. UGA got off easy compared to the hose job that OU got. 

I would have accpted OU or USC or even VT. But LSU wasn't that great yesterday. Definatly not move up five spots good. They were number one twice and they had thier chance and twice they blew it. and guess what it still handed to them. I hope Ohio state finds a way to throttle them.

Not sure who really got hosed the most...I know that UGA believes they were hosed, but let's face it...not only did they fail to win their conference...they even failed to win their division in the conference...sure they're hot...sure they've got a bright future ahead for next season with Moreno, a young improving OLine and defense, and Stafford finally starting to make some good decisions, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they lost twice, to 2 non top 10 teams...

OU got beat by Colorado and Texas Tech, but they destroyed the very overrated No 1 team in the country in Mizzou...who BTW, destroyed an even more OVERRATED No 1 team in the country the previous week in Kansas.

Va Tech would be in the National Championship game except they lost not only to LSU but also BC...

USC got beat by a team they were projected to beat by 4 TDs in Stanford, and since then, they've had no shot in the polls to make it back to the National Championship game...and who's to say that maybe, based on how well they've been playing that they shouldn't be there...

IMO, of all the 2 loss teams, LSU was the best...sure they lost 2 games to 2 non top 10 teams...but both losses were in triple OT...in terms of roster talent and depth, only USC (that's the Trojans, not the gamehens) has as much or possibly more talen than LSU has...

I understand why 9 of the 10 teams that got selected, were selected for the BCS games, but if it were me, I'd have changed some things...UGA would be in the Fiesta Bowl against USC (that way neither team were playing in their backyard). I understand the conference affiliations with bowl games, but I think for a game like USC-UGA, we can suspend those standards...we could've sent WVU and OU to the Rose Bowl...both teams have fans that travel well, and for the hillbillies of WV and the roughnecks of OK, it would be a really cool trip...I would love to see that Hokie D vs Hawaii's offense in Orange Bowl, and despite what some folks might say about 3 teams from the same conference, I would've put UF and ASU in the Sugar Bowl, simply because both of those teams deserve to be BCS bowls more so than Illinois or Kansas...:P

The BCS isn't a perfect system, and there's no doubt that I can be improved, but it's a realistic system...it exists...a playoff system in Div 1A isn't realistic nor does it exist. I believe that they could've created more interesting bowl games, and I do believe that a couple of teams got hosed, and a couple of teams that shouldn't be in, are...but thems the breaks...as someone else on here said in another post...win your games when you should, and none of this will matter...;)

I don't understand how OU got screwed.  If they jumped into the title game, it would be an even bigger fiasco than LSU jumping 5 spots to #2. 

Oklahoma went from #4 to #10 after losing to unranked Texas Tech... and then up to #9 after beating unranked Oklahoma State.  They beat a #1 team that they had already beaten earlier in the season when that team was ranked #11. 

That is hardly a glowing endorsement of strength to propel them 7 spots up the board.

UGA, however, was ranked #4... not #7 or #9.  #1 and #2 lost yet UGA somehow moved down a spot to #5.  The poll movement does not make sense at all... and I'm not arguing that UGA deserves to be in the national title game, even if their poll position alone would support such argument... UGA should have at least been up to #3, even if the pollsters had wanted to pick the title game as they saw fit as they most certainly have.

It's ridiculous that people want to say Oklahoma got screwed when it was commonly accepted that the MOST they could hope for after losing to Texas Tech was the Fiesta Bowl.

Actually...the same thing could be said for UGA. They lost to an unranked USC team in Athens. Then they lost to my twice beaten, unranked Volunteers in Neyland. Both losses in regulation...To further add to UGA's woes, they failed to win the SEC or even the SEC East. They were ranked No 4 because their losses came early enough in the season, and they did, by rights beat UF who was ranked No 11 at the time. However, the fact is, that despite Moreno's great running the last month for UGA, neither he nor the Bulldogs could outrun their losses.

UGA doesn't deserve a shot in the National Championship game...they should consider themselves fortunate that like LSU LAST YEAR, they were able to backdoor the Sugar Bowl...UGA vs Hawaii should be a terrific game. The Bulldogs should concentrate on winning that one, and finish strong. ;)

Non-top 10 Illinois in the Rose and last week's #1 in the Cotton. :w00t:

Even though it was to an unranked SEC team, I think LSU still makes the title game even if they'd lost to LA-Monroe (or insert even weaker team) @ Baton Rouge last week. 

The accuracy of determining the champ of college football is on par with diving and gymnastics-it's ridiculously and totally subjective to opinions.  Why even play the "BCS title game"? May as well open it up to voters and a computer program and call it a day.

Georgia, LSU, and Oklahoma could all make a good case for the game but also have strong cases against them. However, Oklahoma was ranked behind them 2 spots in the BCS before this past weekend. Yes, they won more impressively in the bowl but I feel like LSU did well just to win considering the circumstances that happened the week leading up to the game and what was going on just a couple of hours before. Historically, teams lose more often than not in that sort of situation.

I'm surprised more people aren't bitching about VA Tech. Not that I think that they are one of the two best teams. But people keep talking about how LSU spanked them, which is true. But it's not like the BCS voters didn't know that until this week, and as of Saturday morning they still had VT ranked higher than LSU. VT goes out and beats a higher ranked team by a better margin, and LSU jumps them. Did the voters just find out about the thrashing VT took by LSU? Since that time, VT has been the better team.

Just adds to the insanity that is the BCS system. One team is ranked higher than another with one game left. The first team beats a highly ranked opponent by a good margin. The other team beats a lesser ranked opponent by a slimmer margin. Team B jumps Team A.

That makes sense. :ermm:

If they didn't have these polls before and they just came out this week then most people would probably not have a problem with the order of how these teams are ranked, but since they started these polls early on and continue to update them week after week, we can see what kind of pattern a win over a certain opponent suppose to do to your ranking, and beating a #14 rank team jump you up 5 slots from #7 to #2 is a joke.  Furthemore, how do you jump ahead of a #6(VT) team who also defeated a #11 ranked team?  Their victory is even more impressive than your. Someone explain that logic to me. 

Again, I understand that LSU defeated VT earlier in the year and have the same record with SEC & ACC Championship respectively, and that it would be fine to have LSU ahead of VT IF you only do the poll one time at the end of the season, but when you have #7(LSU) defeat #14(Tenn) and #6(VT) defeat #11(BC), how do you justify moving LSU being above VT afterward without making your previous week ranking a joke?:angry: