18. Wisconsin 9-3
19. Texas 9-3
20. Virginia 9-3
21. South Florida 9-3
22. Cincinnati 9-3
23. Auburn 8-4
24. Boise State 10-2
25. UConn 9-3

Honestly, the only teams that can claim a bit of shaft are Mizzou and UGA.

LSU deserves it over both VT and Oklahoma.  LSU destroyed VT earlier in the season, so that's a head-to-head advantage.  Oklahoma's 2 embarassing losses to unranked teams are by far much worse than LSU's 2 losses that each took 3 OT's to accomplish.  And if you want to argue that OU just beat the #1 team... they also beat them earlier in the season when they were ranked #11, so there is an argument for Mizzou being overrated as it is.

There is seriously no valid argument that can be made for VT or OU to deserve a title shot over LSU.  Ohio State and LSU are honestly the best choices for the title game going by both the written and unwritten rules of the formula.

VT deserves the Orange Bowl and OU deserves the Fiesta Bowl.  UGA deserves the Sugar Bowl, but they also deserve the Rose Bowl much more than Illinois.

That is not a guaranteed slot. The Rose Bowl is only obligated to take the Pac-10 and Big 10 champions. The *tradition* of the Rose Bowl is to host a Pac-10 and Big 10 team, but this has been broken many times in the past.

Illinois doesn't belong anywhere near a BCS bowl.

Illinois lost three times by a grand total of 21 points, which is the same amount Georgia lost to UT by (and the Bulldogs were lucky to be that close). Illinois is closer to being undefeated than Georgia is. They were in all their games.

Nobody can ever say with certainty how a team will handle a bowl game appearance but during the regular season, Illinois was one of the best teams in the country. There's also a 50/50 chance they are the only team to beat the national champions...at their place.

I stand corrected on the VT and OU thing...wasn't thinking clearly there. But I still don't like LSU getting yet another shot when they haven't been able to hold on to #1 twice already..

And Illinois makes me sick. What a load of garbage that they get in to a BCS bowl. Don't give me that margin of victory stuff. Three losses is three losses. And in the Big 10, no less...

WTA (12/4/2007)
They got it right, IMO... LSU and Ohio State are the best teams in the nation...

Nope they didn't.. first off nothing sayd that osu is one of the bests teams it the country.. in fact there is nothing that backs that up.. and the same for lsu.. they were #1 2 times and lost at home to an unranked team.. sorry but that doesn't scream best team at all.. the bcs didn't get it right because it's not clear at all that they are the two best teams in the country.. nothing that has happened this year backs that up..

Nope they didn't.. first off nothing sayd that osu is one of the bests teams it the country.. in fact there is nothing that backs that up.. and the same for lsu.. they were #1 2 times and lost at home to an unranked team.. sorry but that doesn't scream best team at all.. the bcs didn't get it right because it's not clear at all that they are the two best teams in the country.. nothing that has happened this year backs that up..

I agree... the whole thing is pretty weird. Ohio State got beaten at home by an unranked team in their 2nd to last regular season game... LSU got beaten at home by an unranked team in their last regular season game. In any other season, both teams would be headed for the Rose and Sugar... but since they apparently never got the rankings right ALL SEASON LONG, this is what we get.

There is either something wrong with the formula with too much power given to the media... or there's just something wrong with the entire system.

capologist (12/5/2007)

Not if you guys lose to Hawaii...:hehe:

Um, yeah... actually I'm pretty sure UGA will still be ahead of Florida if that actually happens.

Let's see... #5 losing to #10 can't possibly put #5 lower than the #12 team beating unranked Michigan when that #12 team lost to said #5 team. Especially when 2 or 3 other teams are guaranteed to lose. :P

capologist (12/5/2007)
capologist (12/4/2007)
Call me crazy :w00t: but I'm pretty sure there will be another poll after the bowl games right?

and you will still be ranked BELOW GEORGIA.. :w00t::P

Not if you guys lose to Hawaii...:hehe:

note I really hate how the reply button spaces thing out in quotes.. LOL

Not if you guys lose to Michigan. :w00t::P