Petrino's words: "I felt like Joey was being ineffective"

±0.5

Really make no sense.  I defended this guy (BP) in the past but it stops here.  You never call your guy out like this in the media.  Do you have any sense in your head Bobby?  McKay should send his ## packing for this! :angry:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media_librar..._-_12-2-07.aspx

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with nino on this.  I think Petrino has a giant ego and assumes any qb should be effective and put up Peyton like numbers no matter how bad the blocking is.  I have written other posts where I call out Petrino's hypocrisy and how he gives the other positions slack.  For example, Warwick has been terrible and he doesn't get called out in the Press Conferences and called "ineffective" when Petrino could easily say "he has lost a step".  Also, Petrino doesn't seem to be calling out bad OLine play even from the start of the season, he never said that Gandy was basically a swinging gate out there, instead saying "He competed hard and tried".  I have never heard "Petrion the Great" say anything like this about the qb position this season.  Like I said before, what if we get a guy like Derek Anderson in the offseason and what if he struggles for a couple games, would Petrino bench him.  Petrino's lack of confidence when it comes to the qb position will hurt us because no FA's or young qb's will want to come here because they know Petrino will ruin their careers by starting/benching them and not publicly addressing the real reasons the offense struggles.  Petrino is the worst coach I have seen in a long time...I have to say he is there with Richie Cotite as the worst of all time.  He has made a career's worth of mistakes in only one season!

Really make no sense.  I defended this guy (BP) in the past but it stops here.  You never call your guy out like this in the media.  Do you have any sense in your head Bobby?  McKay should send his ## packing for this! :angry:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media_librar..._-_12-2-07.aspx

Franchise QB? He won't even be on this team next season.

Swiftkick your right on no blame going to Anderson, or Brookings or Dunn.  Why isn't "Petrino the Great" addressing the fact Anderson has no sacks or qb pressure this year or that Brookings is playing poorly or that Dunn has one of the lowest YPC of any RB in the league.  I haven't heard him address Anderson at all this year or the fact the guys never seem to pressure the qb at all.  He just says "they were competing hard" when asked about anyone other than Joey who is struggling.  He gives guys who deserve blame other than the qb a pass for poor play.  He has terrible management skills and reminds me of Mike Martz in the capacity of being a poor coach but maybe a good Coordinator.  Martz is a really good offensive coordinator and some say Petrino is as well but I haven't seen it yet.

Dude, STFU. JH should have been benched in about week 3. And Petrino could do it any time he wants and the only person who would be confused about it or act like they didn't see it coming is Harrington and you. The only reason he hasn't been cut outright is because he has a knack of not going down for long behind our OL while no one else seems to last more than a week or two.

celtik

Yeah I gotta agree. The only thing I like about Petrino is that he's not afraid to call a 'spade a spade'. On the other hand, I think Petrino needs to own up to his failings as a coach. Redmon failed to score in the red zone today too. I pin that on the coaches.

Joey sucks. Joey is garbage. It's one thing for you and I to say it, however a coach should NEVER call out his players like that. I know Bobby hasn't had the best players to play with, honestly they are awful, but a coach should only call out his players behind closed doors. Every game I see I lose more and more confidence in Petrino. I wouldn't be sad to see him take one of these college jobs that have opened up.

LETS FACE IT. JOEY WAS HAVING A BAD DAY. WHAT WAS THE COACH SUPPOSE TO DO? WHEN THEY PULLED LEFTY, HE JUST WENT AND SAT ON THE BENCH, WHERE ALL STINKERS SIT. THATS ALL JOEY SHOULD HAVE DONE TOO, BECAUSE HE WAS STINKING UP THE PLACE. WHEN JOEY CAME HERE YOU KNEW HIS ABILITY WAS LIMITED. YOU KNEW THAT HE WAS INTENDED FOR A BACK-UP ROLE ........ SO WHY ALL THE FUSS?:crazy:

I agree with everything you said. Joey stinks and I don't want his sorry behind here next year. Still, a coach should never call his players out like that. Tell me, what does that actually accomplish? You can't light a fire under Joey, you know he's not starting next week anyway. All that does is cause more trouble and give the media something else to talk about, like they don't have enough to talk about already with this awful season.