THE Georgia Bulldogs Not Being in the National Championship!

Electric Falcon

Given the fact that the whole colledge football series ended up being a mess. I have to ask you and everyone, do you think that UGA deserved to play for the National Championship? If you don't that doesn't mean you aren't a fan it just means you have your opinion. I will say this though "There should be a playoff system and that's MY OPINION!!"

I don't think they deserve to be there. I do think that they are playing better than most teams right now but it doesn't make sense to have a team that didn't win their conf. play for the NC IMO. I kno wit happened in the past but it should not have ever occured and should not happen again. Tough break for the Dawgs but great season anyway.

Georgia didn't deserve to be in the national title game. They were 4-0 versus top 25 teams (LSU was 6-1). I personally think they would have gotten beat by LSU if they had made it to the SEC Championship Game. I'm with what someone said earlier, 'No conference title, no national championship berth.'

The national title game should have been: LSU vs OU. Ohio State does not deserve to be the number one ranked team in the country.

The bowls should be:

NC: LSU vs OU, Rose: USC vs OSU, Fiesta: Mizzou vs Hawaii, Sugar: UGA vs ASU, Orange: VT vs WVU

No, we didn't deserve a national title berth because we did not earn the distinction of representing our conference as its #1 team.  LSU is the only team in the SEC that deserves a spot there... and they got it, however controversial the poll movement may seem.

Only conference champions deserve the opportunity to be national champions.  If you don't even prove yourself as the #1 team in your conference, how can you validly prove yourself as the #1 team in the country???

What UGA DOES deserve though is that #3 spot and a berth in the Rose Bowl.  It blows my mind that the first at-large bid went to a team not even in the top 10.

I can't believe it's not stated that it should be a rule that you don't have to win your conference to play for a championship because it's treated that way.  Feels more and more that the national champ of college football is like watching two individuals in gymnastics or diving because that's how it's treated-subjectively, between two teams only in a contest that's ******** to the two entities chosen by a combo of computers and a small pool of voters.  Has nothing to do w/ how competitive any team could be head to head in actual playoff.  It's a shame that it's limited to this point.  Why even bother playing the title game?  Why not have a computer simulation and have the voters chose who they think will win in the BCS title game?

Nevermind unranked Arkansas, LSU could've lost to North Texas State at home last week and would still be playing for the title.