Is there anything Petrino can do

falcon1fan

To make people happy. If we convert that fourth down nobody would say a thing. And be honest, how many of you who are critical of todays call were yelling at your tv to go for it two minutes earlier. I am glad that at least he had the balls to make the call and believe that in two years he will be a force. Give the guy a break. He has to field a team that some college teams would slaughter.

Petrino is just making too many mistakes.

1. Continuing to use Warrick Dunn.

2. Letting Adam Jennings replace Allen Rossum.

3. Having the immobile Leftwich behind our turnstile offensive line.

4. Not using Jason Snelling in short yardage.

5. Rarely using Mugehlli in the game.

What has he done right this year?

To his defense, he doesn't exactly have his team built the way he wants.

I agree with warrick dunn. As far as Snelling he proved in the preseason that he could be a beast between the twenties but was not a short yardage or goaline back. Ovie wasnt brought in to run but I would like to see what he can do with the ball in his hands as much as anyone. Leftwich...well when the choices are between him and Joey is there a right call.

Just for the record even the great coaches have struggled in their first year

Vince Lombardi

7-5-2

Jimmy Johnson

1-15

Bill Walsh

2-14

and those are just three I looked up.

I agree with warrick dunn. As far as Snelling he proved in the preseason that he could be a beast between the twenties but was not a short yardage or goaline back. Ovie wasnt brought in to run but I would like to see what he can do with the ball in his hands as much as anyone. Leftwich...well when the choices are between him and Joey is there a right call.

Just for the record even the great coaches have struggled in their first year

Vince Lombardi

7-5-2

Jimmy Johnson

1-15

Bill Walsh

2-14

and those are just three I looked up.

I'm not looking at wins and losses when I say i'm not impressed by Petrino. Wins and losses is a collective of talent + coaching. If you look at JUST coaching, Petrino has been lackluster. So many questionable decisions. A lot of them have already been listed, so I won't start.

My problem with Petrino as a HC have nothing to do with wins and losses.

Petrino will be fine, I think he is a good coach thats trying to use the best people he has and their not what he needs to run his scheme.

He has made some bad decisions but on the other hand if they had worked the idiots calling for his head would be his biggest cheerleaders.

Most people want instant gratification in every aspect of their lives, and most people really don't understand thats not the best way to long term success in anything.

The patriots had a few loosing seasons before they started their winning ways. Building something that you can be proud of takes time and effort, but most people aren't willing to do either.

I want it now with as little effort as I have to put in.