that this season has been a wash from Day One.  I don't think Petrino has wanted to show his hand this entire season.  We have no idea of what kind of a coach he is or can be.  He hasn't had the players to do what he wants to do at all.....and I think because of that he hasn't coached the offense how he wants it to play.

Know what I mean?  I don't think this season has shown anything about Petrino except that he hates the talent (majority) on this team and once he gets his in there, he well takes things a little more seriously

that this season has been a wash from Day One.  I don't think Petrino has wanted to show his hand this entire season.  We have no idea of what kind of a coach he is or can be.  He hasn't had the players to do what he wants to do at all.....and I think because of that he hasn't coached the offense how he wants it to play.

Know what I mean?  I don't think this season has shown anything about Petrino except that he hates the talent (majority) on this team and once he gets his in there, he well takes things a little more seriously

In a way I think you're right.  But when Redman came in today, I think we got a brief glimpse of what Petrino's offense can look like with the right QB.  I'm not sure Redman is the right QB long term, but maybe when we get the right one in, we'll see a vastly improved offense.  Or at least I hope we will.

The problem with your theory (and Petrino has said this before) is that in the NFL you don't have a chance to take a season off. One bad year in this league and you are gone. Petrino knows that.

On top of that, any good head coach hates to lose, and if Petrino is ok with basically laying down and letting teams like the RAMS walk all over us so he can keep some great "master plan" a secret, I really don't think he deserves to be a head coach at any level.

Yeah I gotta disagree with you there. I think our WL record this season rests almost entirely on the coaches. For starters most of the staff are either inexperienced in the NFL or straight from college. Petrino has yet to show me that he can coach a team to win at the NFL level. It's been a steep learning curve for him. I seriously hope that Petrino sticks around for next season, but if he leaves I won't be disappointed.

Well as you all should know already, I do think Petrino is the right guy for the job and will right this ship. You were definitely seeing the BP offense minus the power back when Redman came in. I don't think he's as dumb as alot of you think he is. Sure he seems pretty dumb when Norwood comes in and gashes defenses and then Dunn comes back in and consistently loses yardage. And for all you Joey nuthuggers, the offensive line looked pretty good when a real QB came in huh. I agree somewhat with the first poster in regards to BP not showing his cards. The Dunn thing I think is contractual behind the scenes stuff and he'll be gone next year. Lefty was going to be a bandaid for this season, because Joey is a proven loser who can't handle pressure, but Lefty couldn't stay healthy. I have said it before and I'll say it again, wait until next year. I can't wait to see what this team looks like when it starts to near completion with Bobby's players. As you saw today, his offense can be a thing of beauty when not ran by a p****.

All we need is Herschel Walker and a totally stoopid team willing to trade six or seven picks for him.  We'll be okay, in my opinion.  Take the Fiasco, three starting OTs on IR, Joey, Byron, and one rotten quarter per game and three wins at this point should be expected.  My biggest complaint with Bobby P. is relying on Dunn when he's obviously been past his prime all season long.  I just hope the draft and free agency move us closer toward being what Petrino's dream team is supposed to be so we won't have excuses. 

All we need is Herschel Walker and a totally stoopid team willing to trade six or seven picks for him. We'll be okay, in my opinion. Take the Fiasco, three starting OTs on IR, Joey, Byron, and one rotten quarter per game and three wins at this point should be expected. My biggest complaint with Bobby P. is relying on Dunn when he's obviously been past his prime all season long. I just hope the draft and free agency move us closer toward being what Petrino's dream team is supposed to be so we won't have excuses.

I still think Dunns case is contractual. It is something that Blank put in his contract to get him here and now the team is suffering because of it. I don't think Petrino is that stupid to not see Norwood gashing D's and Dunn crashing behind the line more than not.

• 2 years later...

that this season has been a wash from Day One.  I don't think Petrino has wanted to show his hand this entire season.  We have no idea of what kind of a coach he is or can be.  He hasn't had the players to do what he wants to do at all.....and I think because of that he hasn't coached the offense how he wants it to play.</P><P>Know what I mean?  I don't think this season has shown anything about Petrino except that he hates the talent (majority) on this team and once he gets his in there, he well takes things a little more seriously

not a smart guy