Should we just lose the rest of our games?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixon is the best fit for this team outside of shockley at this point.

Brohm is the best QB in the draft!

What I am relly saying is that if we are going to draft a QB in the first round, make it the best one in the draft not Matt Ryan!!

If Jamarcus russell was in this draft, then he would be perfect for the job.

The Browns and Anderson are far apart in negotiations. I say if he's available when the freee agency period hits in Feb. we go after him.

DJ Shockley is perfect for the new offense. Play action is perfect for DJ, and he does have the best Deep Ball.

Whoever said Brohm is a Ryan Leaf clone, please give valid reasoning for that. They aren't the same style of QB at all. If you want to compare any QB in this draft to Leaf, then look at Matt Ryan. They both have similar careers and playing styles.

(An exciting collection of quotes from a thread in early 2008 about quarterbacks. Fun times!)

I hope we can get that kid from Boston College. He could be the answer for us at the QB Position. And, I've heard that he doesn't run any dog fighting rings.

No way. He threw 16 picks in college, where you often have a 10 yard cushion. If he can't get the ball into the holes of collegiate coverages, can you imagine what NFL-caliber CB's will do to this kid?

Trade up, get Jake Long, forget about the LT position for the next dozen or so years.

(My actual position at the time. Never liked Dorsey.)

Also, :lol::lol::lol: @ people thinking that this is current, and trying to get the 29th pick, or let New Orleans pass us this year.

No way. He threw 16 picks in college, where you often have a 10 yard cushion. If he can't get the ball into the holes of collegiate coverages, can you imagine what NFL-caliber CB's will do to this kid?

Trade up, get Jake Long, forget about the LT position for the next dozen or so years.

(My actual position at the time. Never liked Dorsey.)

Also, :lol::lol::lol: @ people thinking that this is current, and trying to get the 29th pick, or let New Orleans pass us this year.

I do have to ask, seriously - at the time why did the actual number of pass attempts he had in college not come into the equation? His college interceptions really WEREN'T that high when you factored in him throwing it north of forty times a game and being involved in something like 70% of his team's plays.

I do have to ask, seriously - at the time why did the actual number of pass attempts he had in college not come into the equation? His college interceptions really WEREN'T that high when you factored in him throwing it north of forty times a game and being involved in something like 70% of his team's plays.

388/654 (59.3%), 4507 yards, 31td/19 int, 21 sacks

Completion percentage is not spectacular, yards and tds were very good, but 19 int's in 12 games? Maybe 13? And that's also an awful lot of sacks to eat in one college season.

Obviously, it appears as though pathetic college coaching was more to blame for these deficiencies, but that was not known at the time by fans. This is one case where the coaches/scouts getting to work the kid out in person completely overrode game film. I am soooo glad we took Ryan. At least I realized the Dorsey was a bust in the making, and the player I actually wanted has turned out to be a really good player.

This is a really f*cking stupid question. Does it look like the Falcons are concerned with "respect"? Tied for best record in the league and this dude is worried about losing games. FOOLISHNESS!!!

Relax man, this thread has been burried for three years. How it came to find the light of day now is beyond me. Believe me, nobody is taking this thing serious any more. We have Matt Ryan and Company and are just fine.

When you see old threads like this bumped, you realize just how stupid fans can be. You can claim to study this game 24/7 and still not really know what the **** you are talking about.

And it certainly is not limited to fans either. Check out these words of wisdom from some of our so called experts...courtesy of si.com

ning Joes

Outside of Michael Irvin, most NFL pregame analysts will eventually provide some interesting insight and analysis. Of course when you are on the air weekly, you're also bound to get some things wrong. Here's some of our favorite misses this season:

• "The Colts beat the Cowboys in Dallas."

-- Fox NFL Sunday analyst Jimmy Johnson, when asked for his Super Bowl prediction, Sept. 12

• "Carson Palmer wanted Terrell Owens there. Now he's there...Now it's all on you Carson Palmer. The pressure is on his shoulders. They [the Bengals] have one of the best defenses in football. I'm glad they kept their defensive coordinator, Mike Zimmer. They'll be a playoff team this year."

-- CBS NFL Today analyst Boomer Esiason, Sept. 12

• "I say the Tennessee Titans make it; the Houston Texans make it; the Steelers make it; the Chiefs and the Washington Redskins."

-- CBS NFL Today analyst Shannon Sharpe, predicting playoff teams, Sept. 12

• "I believe that Randy Moss -- for the first time, a wide receiver will be the MVP in the National Football League. Tom Brady will have an unbelievable year -- close to 5,000 yards. Randy Moss, I believe he'll have close to 1,800. He's motivated by his profession. He is motivated that he doesn't have a contract."

-- ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown analyst Cris Carter, Sept. 19

• "You won three out of your last 40 games and I'm going to say you are going to win five more than that this year -- the Detroit Lions."

-- ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown analyst Mike Ditka, Sept, 19

• "They are not going to win it. They are not going into the playoffs. But the Buffalo Bills, in the first month of the season, will cause problems in the AFC East."

-- ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown host Chris Berman. Sept. 19

• "They may not win the division. I think they will be really strong in December. Let's see what happens with their record. That's the dangerous thing with Minnesota while they figure things out."

-- Berman, Sept. 19

• "The Dolphins match up well with every team in the AFC East. They can win it and be a contender for the Super Bowl."

-- NFL Network analyst Irvin, Sept. 26

• "I've played against both, and trust me, Donovan McNabb presents way more problems to a defense than Michael Vick does."

--NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp, Sept. 26

• "Matt Ryan hasn't been as sharp as you would like since his rookie year. Watching him in preseason and then watching him in the first two games this year makes me think, are we looking at a guy with a great rookie year like Ricky Mirer did, and then things start stopping up?"

-- ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown analyst Keyshawn Johnson, Sept. 26

• "I'm really not surprised. For Minnesota the time is now, particularly with Brett Favre at quarterback. You're trying to take advantage of Favre's presence and maybe build a new stadium. Adrian Peterson is great. The Vikings defense is great...Minnesota is a good football team and Randy Moss now makes them a great football team."

-- Fox NFL Sunday analyst Howie Long, Oct. 6

• "Washington has always been a soap opera with no stability. McNabb gives them that instant stability."

--Fox NFL Sunday analyst Michael Strahan, Oct. 6

• "The consensus around the country is that this is a home run for the Minnesota Vikings because they really haven't had a deep threat. Opposing teams have been crowding the line of scrimmage to stop Adrian Peterson with single coverage on the outside to take away the underneath routes. Now with Moss as the deep threat, opposing defenses won't be able to do that."

-- Jimmy Johnson, Oct. 10

• "Most people don't have one good quarterback. He does have two...I would stay with Kevin Kolb. He's been hot."

--NBC Sunday Night Football analyst Tony Dungy, Oct. 17

• "He's still a manager. I'm waiting on him to take the reins and become a leader of that team. He hasn't done that yet."

-- Irvin, on Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, Oct. 24

• "As long as Peyton Manning is alive and well, the Colts will make the playoffs."

-- NFL Network analyst Steve Mariucci, Nov. 14

• "The best team in the AFC has a losing record and they're not even playing this week, that is the San Diego Chargers, led by Philip Rivers who will do something you [Dan Marino] didn't do, which is win a Super Bowl this year...I'm telling you right now. You watch them closely. They're one of the best teams out there. They're going to get healthy coming off this bye. They're going to get Vincent Jackson back. Watch out for the San Diego Chargers."

-- Esiason, Nov. 14

• "Second half of the season, he [Randy Moss] will score six touchdowns. This team, the Tennessee Titans, win the AFC South."

-- Sharpe, Nov. 14

• "Jed York said this team will make the playoffs and it looks like San Francisco 49ers are not dead yet."

-- Sapp, Nov. 21.

Edited by lookout

I hope we can get that kid from Boston College. He could be the answer for us at the QB Position. And, I've heard that he doesn't run any dog fighting rings.

Yea I hope so too. I have a feeling he is going to get us a wild card playoff spot his first year. I also have a feeling he will win rook of the year. I also have a feeling he will give us back to back winning seasons for the first time. I also have a feeling he will have lots of really great comebacks and he will only expand his nick name- Matty Ice. :D

When you see old threads like this bumped, you realize just how stupid fans can be. You can claim to study this game 24/7 and still not really know what the **** you are talking about.

Quite a prop to the "pure football" limited access forum huh? The OP is in this distinguished group LOL :P