THE JOEY HARRINGTON BANDWAGON

It's funny how a single game can change the way everyone thinks about a player when the team loses......

Facts : "Redman played for Bobby Petrino before, meaning he probably knows this offense better than anyone". This also brings to question "Do we draft Brian Brohm?".

Yeah Joey has played "OK" but then again OK doesn't = Victory for a season. Joey is the "Dink and Dunk Dirty Bird QB" for our Falcons. He is a colledge QB at best. I hate to admitt it but it's the plain truth.

Redman makes a few plays and now all the sudden everybody is joining his bandwagon and wanting Petrino to play him more, not to mention BENCH JOEY!

Bottom line is "We need a QB". Drafting one would not be a mistake, and I will say it again that BRIAN BROHM is the QB WE NEED!

He has played for Petrino and could make an immediate impact in helping the Falcons because he knows Petrino's style of play already. He could basically start in the first regular season game.

Yeah I know the O-line needs to get fixed. But I believe if you get a franchise QB then you build an O-line to protect him and I don't think our Falcons coaches are so stupid that they will not address the O-line.

So the question I must ask is "Are you still on the Joey Harrington Bandwagon?". Or "Are you on the Chris Redman or Byron Leftwich Bandwagon?"

What about Brian Brohm? What do ya think?:unsure:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, at times I have been on the Joey bandwagon, although my general nature is to support whomever is playing QB for the Falcon exceptin in Jeff George-like situations. That said, I think Joey has been given every opportunity to be "the guy" for the team, and while I don't actually believe a journeyman like Chris Redman will get much done for us, it seems past time for Joey to accept that he is not some misunderstood, irreplaceable commodity. When he plays bad football on a bad team there's no reason not to expect to be benched.

Like many on this board I'm very torn about the QB situation. There are no decent free agents coming up this year QB-wise and it very well may mean the future of this franchise for years to come that we get the "right" QB in this draft. The time is now, so to speak. That said, with our O-line continuing to wallow in the throes of mediocrity it is quite the dilemma to pass up on a player like Jake Long should the opportunity arise.

I'm leaning on Colt Brennan as well. The guys accuracy and arm strength have been highlighted this year. Woodson has looked like he may have the tools, Dennis Dixon and the guy from BC will do well. I believe we may be able to get Brennan in the 2nd due to the static he gets for playing with June Jones. We'll see, We got to have a QB.

>> It's funny how a single game can change the way everyone thinks about a player when the team loses...

Yep... Everybody knows, fans are fickle - one week you're the HERO, next week you SUCK.

One year they all support the TEAM!! Next year the team struggles and half the fans quit attending games. This has been proven over and over and over. Then of course the idiot fans all think the QB position is the only guy responsible for wins, especially here since they built the Falcons around the stupid idea it was a

Quote: "It must be mentioned that any QB that throws as much as Colt Brennan would have his stats. He throws almost every play and that's the whole basis for their offense. I just don't see that style of offense working in the NFL if his passing numbers are why you think we should draft him for our franchise QB???"

Well, I'm not on the Brennan bandwagon but hey, that's not much different than Brett Favre :)

I've been on and off the Harrington bandwagon a few times this season, but now I'm officially off for good, he just doesn't have the killer instinct a QB needs. He folds under pressure and doesn't have the arm or accuracy for down field throws. Throwing 3 and 4 yard passes when they need 8 or more for a first down is getting really old. Redman is the best option right now since Shockley is out and Leftwich makes too many mistakes. Hopefully Shockley can bounce back from injury and hold it down till Mike can come back.

I don't trust any Hawaii qb's because of their offense, they never seem to do well in the pro's.  The guy who set the record for passing yds that was out of Hawaii a couple years ago, he appeared in a CFL game this year and was awful, he only played 2 games and was cut.  I think we need to build the OLine first and the running game and then go from there.  If we can get a guy like Barber or Mike Turner and draft Long with the first pick and get a qb say 3rd round it would save us money and the OLine would gel in time for when the qb was ready to perform.  We can't just throw a rook qb into this post-Vick fire because he'll be eaten alive and it will cost us tons of money in the process, seeing how much 1st round qb's go for these days.

I have to say that I don't see Michael Vick playing for the Falcons ever again as long as Arthur Blank is the owner.

I would like to see DJ Shockley get a shot at QB though, that's not to say he might be a starter or not but who knows untill he gets a shot. That would be awesome to hear the UGA fans barking in the Georgia Dome when he comes into the game like they have done before in the pre-season.

Joey is a 3rd string QB at best in my opinion and his numbers have shown that. Chris Redman didn't really destroy the defense though regardless of what his numbers in the "RAMS" game ended up being. I mean lest be real about this "THIS WAS THE RAMS"....

Look at their record and that should say it all. Now Look at the Falcons.

It's like "This is your brain on Byron Leftwich, and This is your brain on Chris Redman and this is your brain on Joey Harrington any questions?". Ok, I know your gonna be asking WTF, but I know anyone who is old school and has seen the commercial that I am comparing the comment to will understand what I am talking about.

Why do we need to draft a qb. Why is everyone forgetting about mike? Theer is a chance he could be back net season. I really do not like him as a person at all but i am willing to lower my morals to get him playing asap. if we get vick back and draft a rb like mcfadden we would be set. no need to improve our O line much bc it was built for vick and with a threat like mcfadden we could be the Nfls leading rushing team once again.

Never been on the Joey Heisman bandwagon. Told you guys earlier in the season that he was a dink and dunk QB that folds under pressure. But u ppl were so enamored with his post game speeches and 6'4 frame that you ignored it. Now 9 losses, you guys finally realize it. Some of you were 9 losses too late. Joey Harrington is who we thought he was.

in the 3 games we actually won, harrington was average at best. i dont think he has done anythingall season long to generate a band wagon. he has thrown 7 td's this year. seven. bradies 39 is rediculous, but the league avg is stil in the doube digits. 10-12 i would assume.

over half of the league's starters(18) have double digit td throws.

13.49 that is the league avg. harrington is only half as good as the league avg. pitiful.

I wouldn't say I was on his "Bandwagon" but I did support him for a time.  However that time has passed.  It is quite obvious to me that although a seemingly nice enough guy/team player, he is not a very good QB.  I wouldn't even say average, if pressed I'd have to say below average.  His arm strength is non-existent, he can't move at all and he just doesn't seem to command the kind of respect a QB needs to lead a team.

Seeing Redman today was a spark, but that's all it was, a spark...which was doused by poor clock mgmnt. and then the INT.  I'll be very interested in how this off-season plays out...O-Line, Franchise QB, Superstar RB whatever it could be exciting....at least the optimist in me says it could.:P

>> It's funny how a single game can change the way everyone thinks about a player when the team loses...

Yep... Everybody knows, fans are fickle - one week you're the HERO, next week you SUCK.

One year they all support the TEAM!! Next year the team struggles and half the fans quit attending games. This has been proven over and over and over. Then of course the idiot fans all think the QB position is the only guy responsible for wins, especially here since they built the Falcons around the stupid idea it was a

When YKW was the QB, most blamed him for every loss. That's part of the job. Harrington is no different.