While you guys see another lose.....I see Jake Long or more draft picks

atljbo

Jake Long is the type of LT we need...i dont know why yall think if we get mcfadden...the run game would be fix....nooooooooooooooooooo.....AP is doing what he is doing because the vikings has one of the best O-Lines in the league....if you guys want a better Offense....we need a better O-line.....or if we can trade up some and get extra picks....i would love to get a Ryan Clady who i beleive will be the best tackle in this draft....but either way.....we need a for sure tackle....look at what joe thomas has done for Cleveland...if u remember derek anderson started 5 games last year...he threw 5 tds and 8 ints......he didnt look like he looks this year....and thats mainly because of his O-Lineman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see all of you guys talking about OL and that is great and all but WHO IS GOING TO PLAY QB? We do not have a starter quality QB on our roster, period!

The OL can block all day long but unless the QB can get the ball to the WR consistently, we will continue to struggle.

We MUST draft our Franchise QB in this draft! We can pick up OL in FA and in the 2nd round.

I see all of you guys talking about OL and that is great and all but WHO IS GOING TO PLAY QB? We do not have a starter quality QB on our roster, period!

The OL can block all day long but unless the QB can get the ball to the WR consistently, we will continue to struggle.

We MUST draft our Franchise QB in this draft! We can pick up OL in FA and in the 2nd round.

The previous example given of Derek Anderson is a good example.  Improve the O-line and presto there is your franchise quarterback.  We all know Derek Anderson was an early round qb right? right?

the dude who keeps screaming qb.....its no qb in this draft deserve to be a top 3 pick...plus with our line.....the qb would look like a bust....iIf we can get a jake long or a clady......i cant beleive im saying this....but i would draft a Colt Brennan in the third round.......i am a beleiver now....he will slide because everybody says he is a system qb....but he is mobile abd a strong arm....plus we play that system...thats just a thought

"the dude who keeps screaming qb.....its no qb in this draft deserve to be a top 3 pick...plus with our line.....the qb would look like a bust....iIf we can get a jake long or a clady......i cant beleive im saying this....but i would draft a Colt Brennan in the third round.......i am a beleiver now....he will slide because everybody says he is a system qb....but he is mobile abd a strong arm....plus we play that system...thats just a thought "

How do you know what our line is? We are playing with 3 backups. Yes, I can see us getting a new T but Foster played well and I believe he can start next year. Forney, McClure and Blalock are not going anywhere IMO. Coaches love McClure, Forney is known to be a very good G and Blalock was just drafted.

What we NEED is a franchise QB that can run Petrino's system. Right now, we do not have one. We have 3 backups.

"We need a QB, we need better OL talent and we need an upgrade at RB. None of it happens in a vacuum. All of these spots are ones we must improve in free agency and the draft. "

I agree 100%. I believe RB is the lowest of the needs. We MUST get a franchise QB to build around and we need a few OL. I don't think we draft an OL high and I don't think there will be a franchise QB in the later rounds. Sure, it's a guess but to me, Brohm has Franchise QB written all over him.

I don't have a problem with taking a QB.. But for some strange reason I see the lineman going early and fast just like the safeties did last year. So if Long and Brohm are both on the board take Long or trade down to a position where you're able to draft the next available lineman while acquiring more picks. I don't want them to skip out on the chance to draft a lineman early because I do believe they will go really, really fast this year.

I agree girl

I'm a fan of Brohm, the best QB in this draft imo. I also believe McFadden is the best player in the draft, and I fully understand why the Falcons would like the idea of drafting Clady or Long. For that matter, Dorsey is the type of talent who could anchor an entire defense the same way Haynesworth does for the Titans, Seymour does for NE and Stroud/Henderson do for the Jags. So, I wouldn't have a problem with that selection, either.

Since this draft is deep at QB and OT, we have flexibility enough that we don't have to be locked into anyone. We're going to have 3 picks in the top 45. There's a lot of permutations out there for us at the moment.

What's readily apparent is that we need more talent on both sides of the ball.

i agree...i feel we could get a michael tuner....i think we could sign him to a good deal without breaking the bank for a couple reasons....alot of teams dont need a rb enough to pay big bucks.....and the only team that showed intrest in him last year was the titans...they have lendale white and chris henry.....we could get him for a reasonable price....and there are no free agent Qbs and the only lineman we could get at a goor price ia OT Nat Dorsey

The previous example given of Derek Anderson is a good example. Improve the O-line and presto there is your franchise quarterback. We all know Derek Anderson was an early round qb right? right?

ok,

look at some of past oline BUSTS in recent early rounds.

a PRIME example of this is is the Oakland Raiders, who took a guy who was as great of a cant miss project and I heard VERY similar things about this guy as I am about Jake Long.

two words..............Robert Gallery. then they turned around and drafted Jake Groove in the 2nd round,

and they commenced to be in the bottom of the nfl in sacks allowed for since they have been there.

The Cards used a high pick on Leonard Davis, and still had one of the worst pass protections in the nfl.

The lions have several fairly recent first round picks including big free agents signing.

and Detroit qbs have been sacked as many times as anyone else.

The Jets used TWO first round picks on the o line last year, yet they have given up roughly he same sacks per pass then we have.

The Steelers have give up the same number of sacks the falcons have yet have thrown 79 more passes. they are considered to have an elite line with multiple high picks.

and there are MANY more examples of high round picks doing nothing to make their o-lines better, and in some cases making them worse.

the point is just because we don't take a lineman in the first, that does not mean the o-line will not be improved.

"look at some of past oline BUSTS in recent early rounds.

a PRIME example of this is is the Oakland Raiders, who took a guy who was as great of a cant miss project and I heard VERY similar things about this guy as I am about Jake Long.

two words..............Robert Gallery. then they turned around and drafted Jake Groove in the 2nd round,

and they commenced to be in the bottom of the nfl in sacks allowed for since they have been there.

The Cards used a high pick on Leonard Davis, and still had one of the worst pass protections in the nfl.

The lions have several fairly recent first round picks including big free agents signing.

The Jets used TWO first round picks on the o line last year, yet they have given up roughly he same sacks per pass then we have.

The Steelers have give up the same number of sacks the falcons have yet have thrown 79 more passes. they are considered to have an elite line with multiple high picks.

and there are MANY more examples of high round picks doing nothing to make their o-lines better, and in some cases making them worse.

the point is just because we don't take a lineman in the first, that does not mean the o-line will not be improved. "

Exactly! I believe our OL will be better when the STARTERS come back and they have another year in the system. Foster looked VERY promising and Clabo looks like a decent backup. Fans forget that we are playing with 3 backups. yes, we need depth but we suffered some injuries to our OL and DL this year that are not the norm.

"look at some of past oline BUSTS in recent early rounds.

the point is just because we don't take a lineman in the first, that does not mean the o-line will not be improved. "

Exactly! I believe our OL will be better when the STARTERS come back and they have another year in the system. Foster looked VERY promising and Clabo looks like a decent backup. Fans forget that we are playing with 3 backups. yes, we need depth but we suffered some injuries to our OL and DL this year that are not the norm.

we no doubt need some more depth and we simply need better production out of certain spots on the line. But in all honesty a BIG part of the protection problem this year has been the qb play. we gave up 13 sacks in the first 2 weeks, 5 of which were directly because of Harrington holding onto the ball too long.

I would rather see us load up on defense, DT and Linebacker in the first 2 picks.

I want the kid from Ohio State, how cool would it be to have the son of a ROAD WARRIOR as a Atlanta Falcon????

we need another DT though, Babs is a nice rotational player and Lewis showed some promise but knee injuries on linemen are very iffy.